Frostwyrm name bugged

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Ok, upon going into the scene, turns out its not just this thats bugged, but every instance of the frostwyrms name. save file attached for testing/poking/etc

Attachments

• Jinx (H) - 2Hrs 37Mins, 10258 Days - Sidewinder, Kalas.json
    900.8 KB · Views: 5

Soulsbane

Aug 24, 2018
not sure whats up but im getting this to on current backer build heres a fresh save and screen caps the "undefined" where the frostwryms chosen name should be is pretty prevalent with her content its why i stopped at the sex menu. this doesn't seem to affect any of the frostwyrm content on surface level as every scene still plays normally its just the whole nameing bit

Attachments

• tomago (F) - 20Hrs 10Mins, 1126 Days - Uveto VII, Siretta.json
    720.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    337.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot (29).png
    Screenshot (29).png
    264.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    252.4 KB · Views: 2
  • talk menu repeats undefined for name in all options.png
    talk menu repeats undefined for name in all options.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 2
  • talk menu one option chosen.png
    talk menu one option chosen.png
    454.9 KB · Views: 1
  • boop scene.png
    boop scene.png
    423.3 KB · Views: 2
  • belly rub scene.png
    belly rub scene.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 2
  • sex menu.png
    sex menu.png
    298.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Soulsbane

Aug 24, 2018
so this character isn't getting the frostwyrm's name blanking out or being undefined happening at all, and this is one of my older characters. is the same bug you posted about happening on of your other characters xboxmaster?

Attachments

• ava (F) - 2Hrs 45Mins, 1329 Days - Uveto VII, Siretta.json
    708 KB · Views: 2
  • ava (F) - 10Hrs 23Mins, 1328 Days - Uveto VII, Siretta.json
    708.6 KB · Views: 0
  • frosty test 1.png
    frosty test 1.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 2
  • frosty test 2.png
    frosty test 2.png
    318.5 KB · Views: 2
  • frosty test sex menu 2.png
    frosty test sex menu 2.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 2

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
so this character isn't getting the frostwyrm's name blanking out or being undefined happening at all, and this is one of my older characters. is the same bug you posted about happening on of your other characters xboxmaster?
Ok i just checked and yeah, my other saves that i havent touched in a long ass time are fine...... this is weird man

Soulsbane

Aug 24, 2018
Ok i just checked and yeah, my other saves that i havent touched in a long ass time are fine...... this is weird man
this is going to sound weird but save to file right before the frostwyrm tile on the file your having the issue on, and then your going load the file you just made and see what it says for frostwyrms name

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
this is going to sound weird but save to file right before the frostwyrm tile on the file your having the issue on, and then your going load the file you just made and see what it says for frostwyrms name
Ok done. Once i loaded the tooltip to summon frosty wasnt there, which im assuming is normal, and reappeared once i moved a bit, but its still all messed up.

What im curious about is why yours is "iunidentified" and mine is "the frostwyrm".......

maybe its twp completely different things?

Soulsbane

Aug 24, 2018
thats the reason i asked cause this is what i got when i did the same thing. possible but im inclined to think one might be a red herring

Attachments

• Screenshot (44).png
    Screenshot (44).png
    233.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (45).png
    Screenshot (45).png
    341.5 KB · Views: 3

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Hnag on i just got an idea....

What if we used the console to try and correct it? We can edit pretty much any value in the game using it, cant we?

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
speaking of which, actually, are all these errors in the console normal? i dont know anything about code but i know enough that whenever that word pops up things are a bit fucky wucky

1674549853412.png

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Apologies for bumping this, but any luck with finding the issue? Hope im not being too rude here.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Those errors are fine, but you can try the following in the console:

frostwyrm.short
This should spit back the text that is being used.

frostwyrm.Internal_short
This will spit back what is actually stored.

I think somehow the Internal_short value got mangled and there's some iffy javascript type coercion going on that is fucking things up, but you should be able to fix it by doing

frostwyrm.short = "The name you want her to have"

Donkey was messing with how this was implemented a couple of months ago and did it in such a way that the value got dropped from save files, so if you saved in the window is was broken like that, it's possible it got vanished/fucked up in a weird way. These instances SHOULD be getting caught and replaced with the baseline "Frostwyrm" value, so it's making me think you're running an old version of the game from when this was broken?