Forced M2F & F2M events in TiTS ?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
The question is whether the player is informed enough to make a proper decision.

The warning (which isn't in the mail screenshot above, so it's probably just in the hover text for the planet) apparently says that things can have permanent consequences, suggesting in turn that there's also a way through without forced permanent changes. Such a way doesn't actually exist.

So yeah, the warning should probably be more explicit.
I never received a proper email (probably before email was actually a thing LOL), but I did look at the unlock prompt:
Then again, things can get out of hand at parties like that - with permanent consequences.

The implication is pretty much concrete, you will be changed permanently (until you TF away from it).

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
I never received a proper email (probably before email was actually a thing LOL), but I did look at the unlock prompt:
The implication is pretty much concrete, you will be changed permanently (until you TF away from it).
Thanks for the quote, but as I see it, it actually proves my (and Darth Meow's) point: It only says that it could have permanent consequences, it does not say that permanent consequences are completely and utterly inevitable the moment you choose Poe A as a destination, without a chance to opt out when things start to "go out of hand".

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for the quote, but as I see it, it actually proves my (and Darth Meow's) point: It only says that it could have permanent consequences, it does not say that permanent consequences are completely and utterly inevitable the moment you choose Poe A as a destination.
Naw, see, you're not reading it right the way it's intended. Yes, to a bystander, that's what it would imply. But this is a CYOA game, and when shit like that is said like that partitioned away from an innocent sounding enough sentence then you know it means business.

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
Even with that in mind, it just reads as "be careful with your choices when you're there" to me, not as "abandon all hope (to leave untransformed), ye who enter here".
It's way to easy to misunderstand.

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
I did voice an interest for forced TFs relating to work with Beth's Brothel.
I get the feeling a substantial amount of TiTS users would welcome a "Forced TFs can happen" mode that can be turned on or off at the user's discretion.

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I get the feeling a substantial amount of TiTS users would welcome a "Forced TFs can happen" mode that can be turned on or off at the user's discretion.
The only flaw with it being completely optional through a toggle is that if you're letting ONE fetish be optional ingame through a toggle, you might as well do it for all the other freakier fetishes in the game.

Being able to opt one thing in but not others would be kinda pointless, and will have many people bugging others about wanting a toggle for this fetish or that fetish as well.

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
The only flaw with it being completely optional through a toggle is that if you're letting ONE fetish be optional ingame through a toggle, you might as well do it for all the other freakier fetishes in the game.

Being able to opt one thing in but not others would be kinda pointless, and will have many people bugging others about wanting a toggle for this fetish or that fetish as well.

It was the only thing that came to mind. I can't think of any other way you could allow for something that the creators don't normally put in other than to make it entirely optional...

Zombiqaz

Nov 16, 2016
I never delete my emails, and I still can't find the Poe A mail.

So, yeah, it's probably just a scene, not a "proper" mail.

It's a proper email... lemme snag a pic of it... there we go.
View attachment 5417

Oh, don't the Vanae Huntresses give you bigger breasts if you lose a fight against if you're female? Or was that bigger nuts if you're male...?

So I guess it was a message/scene, then changed to be an email when the email system was added. sumgai's screenshot even shows that you can't delete it.

Though the email doesn't have the warning and flying to Poe A currently doesn't have a tooltip. So I don't know where the warning is currently located.

You know, perhaps a idea would be to make a standard "You should save before you do this, because this option may lead to things you don't like, potentially unwanted scenes, and potentially unwanted tfs." Put that in front of content where the player doesn't have control over what's going to happen. Having a standard format means that there's no ambiguity as whether or not the player is going to be able to avoid bad outcomes or not once past that option. Maybe have a description of what goes on so that player who like that content will still go for it. You could even have the game make an autosave at these warnings, so you can always go back before the point of no return.

If you wanted to toggle on specific content but don't want a checklist for everything, then I think you'd have to build it into the content itself.

For example, if you want to have forced tf's at Beth's, then you could have them mentioned in the contract when the player signs up and give them the option to accept or refuse. I suppose this might get in the way of fetishes that are about Steele-the-character's non-consent, but them perhaps you could give an out-of-universe warning to the player so that they can still decide.

Reactions: Nymphonomicon

Zombiqaz

Nov 16, 2016
The warning and the scene for receiving the email were never removed, you just get the email as an actual email now.

Where did you see it? As we can see in sumgai's screenshot, the warning isn't in the email and the warning isn't in the "fly to Poe A" tooltip.

I know I saw it somewhere but that was a long time ago, and I don't remember the details, so I am wondering where the warning can currently be found.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
It should be whenever you receive the message, there's a scene where Steele reads it and, I believe, recalls hearing that Poe A parties are supposed to get really out of hand or something.

Edit: Made a new save, found the scene.Screenshot_2017-11-01-00-38-39.jpeg

Last edited:

Zombiqaz

Nov 16, 2016
It should be whenever you receive the message, there's a scene where Steele reads it and, I believe, recalls hearing that Poe A parties are supposed to get really out of hand or something.

Edit: Made a new save, found the scene.View attachment 5453

Thanks for that.

So the warning is in bold, which usually means "save before continuing", though I am uncertain how well new players understand that.

It might also be safer to have the warning on the tooltip, or perhaps a confirmation screen after choosing Poe A but before actually flying there. Or do people think that would get in the way too much?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I mean, I specifically said "the scene in which you get the email". You have your answer, though, thanks to Knight.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Honestly, I think the biggest issue is that people tend to skim over things or outright skip it, so the tooltip idea is very worth noting.

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017

One toggle is good enough, "non-consensual content". That would cover forced sex, forced transformations, everything.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Would never happen: way too tiresome to code.

Besides, any nonconsensual stuff usually has some kind of warning and choice to back out before the shit hits the fan, so a filter would just be redundant.

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017
Would never happen: way too tiresome to code.

Besides, any nonconsensual stuff usually has some kind of warning and choice to back out before the shit hits the fan, so a filter would just be redundant.

Usually isn't good enough, it either needs to always have a path where the forced content is warned of and can be avoided or filtered out by a tag. You can't rely on self-reporting if it's not enforced to always be present. When the player is railroaded into something non-consensual, we should be able to report it and the main developers would then have the responsibility to demand the content be re-written to avoid forcing the player into non-consensual scenes.