Flying and tripped

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
Steele is a master of quantum superposition - Steele can be both tripped and flying! Either the "lift off" option should not be available while tripped (Steele has to stand to fly), or "lift off" should reset the tripped status.

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
Also: the Radglow can try to trip Steele while flying:
You launch into the sky. You are flying!
As you maneuver your way around the horny shrubbery, you fail to notice a sweeping tentacle snaking all the way around to attack from your blind spot. It grabs hold of one of your legs, tripping you and rubbing your face into the sap-laden floor for a few seconds before leaving you on the ground to stew in pure, unadulterated pheromones. You don’t stew for too long, however. Your honed smuggler reflexes urge you back onto your feet in short order.

Fuzzybear

Sep 15, 2015
I'd imagine that if you were flying, it should give trip immunity, relying on being dazed, stunned, grappled or maybe netted to bring you down ?

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
1. Flying is supposed to grant immunity to most Trip attacks. This looks like a Tease attack, not a Trip attack. Technically.
2. It can do this for the same reason you can run up to a Flying enemy and bite them with Myr Venom, or slap them with your dick, even without Wings or the Jetpack.
3. What version are you on?

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
1. Flying is supposed to grant immunity to most Trip attacks. This looks like a Tease attack, not a Trip attack. Technically.
2. It can do this for the same reason you can run up to a Flying enemy and bite them with Myr Venom, or slap them with your dick, even without Wings or the Jetpack.
3. What version are you on?
Second from most recent as of this message (the version just before the new transformation).

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
I'm going to have the lift off effect remove tripped. However this attack will retain it's fly grounding, cause if there's one thing that can trip you out of the sky, it's a tentacle lashing out, grabbing your ankle, and yanking you down.

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
I'm going to have the lift off effect remove tripped. However this attack will retain it's fly grounding, cause if there's one thing that can trip you out of the sky, it's a tentacle lashing out, grabbing your ankle, and yanking you down.
On the tentacle - I totally agree; you cannot make flying be too over-powered. You may want to consider adding an alternative text if Steele is flying, e.g. replacing everything from "tripping you and rubbing" with something like "yanking you from the air and slamming you into the sap-laden ground" (and I would suggest replacing floor with ground even in the non-flying case). Heck, you might even have Steele take more damage/be stunned for a round in the flying case, just to offset the advantage a bit.