[Fixt] It's possible to access backer build without being a backer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonanime

Mar 10, 2022
I was tampering with the source code to find a way to get all the image files used in the game (found the general format of the links to the files but not the complete list of links btw), but what I found was the link to the backer build (which I'll obviously not tell everyone here where/what it is).
Turns out, this link does not verify if you are a backer or not.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
That's weird. I just popped open a firefox and went to the link, and it boots me to the front page correctly. Are you sure you weren't signed in with a backer acct?

Tonanime

Mar 10, 2022
That's weird. I just popped open a firefox and went to the link, and it boots me to the front page correctly. Are you sure you weren't signed in with a backer acct?
I'm definitely not a backer so yes I'm sure.

Tonanime

Mar 10, 2022
That's weird, unless someone changed something on your end. I can't do it anymore, problem solved I guess ?

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Somebody else brought it up this morning too; to quoth my reply

There is a strong possibility that this build is broken in horrible ways. It isn't actually the backer build, but a live build of the most recent commit, warts-n-all, with extra debug features turned on. There are great stretches of time where this build is just entirely broken :ghost:

I'm gonna slop some protection onto it now seeing as a) I have a good idea how to do it and b) I don't want to deal with other people potentially finding it, playing it, and then reporting weird bugs that are a consequence of us being halfway through fixing something else.

Reactions: Tonanime
Status
Not open for further replies.