Femininity and Masculinity limits?

TheGreatAnony

Nov 28, 2021
A few months ago, i noticed that my character had a femininity maximum when they had a penis. After browsing the wiki, i saw that the maximum and minimum femininity values were tied to genitals.

After looking at the examples of exceptions, i dont think this system makes sense.

The stats of the ovir say that if the person has male genitals, they have a minimum femininity of 60 and a maximum of 100.

The art of the species leads me to assume that male ovir have massive tits and are a bit thiccer. Blue and ovir dancer are extreme examples, but Aliss follows this rule as well. The only differense visually between these "male" ovir and a an (assumed) generic female like Brandt is thickness and chest size.

I can only assume that those stats (in this case) determine the femininity outside of game mechanics. However, the counter example of tessa exists. She is arguably almost as thicc as blue, but within the mechanics of the game has at most 40 femininity.

If you were to take the most female character possible, modded and augmented up to the max of bombshell, take her into a cheat editor and give her a penis, suddenly she should have 40 out of 100 or 150 out of 200 femininity. Why? Because she sits a little wider? Even if we were to use in game biomods, there would be a 50 percent chance for breasts to decrease in size. Which is a 50 percent chance that nothing happens. And more importantly, there is a chance that effectively nothing other than the penis changes about the character.

I think the femininity/masculinity system is arbitrary and out of place for a game about making your own character. Why let us make a character if we will always have a number telling us where we are on the number line.

A character with breasts and an above average dick of one inch can be just as and possibly more masculine than a character with an unrealistic videogamified five inch dick.

The system should be scrapped and the player should determine their characters "femininity" through actions and choices and by reading their own description.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I think the femininity/masculinity system is arbitrary and out of place for a game about making your own character. Why let us make a character if we will always have a number telling us where we are on the number line.
All that score really does is decide if you get male or female pronouns on the automatic setting. You can in fact just decide if your character is masc or fem, right here: 1675443207053.png

TheGreatAnony

Nov 28, 2021
All that score really does is decide if you get male or female pronouns on the automatic setting. You can in fact just decide if your character is masc or fem, right here: View attachment 28942
Hmm. I wish i checked that the femininity did something before i wrote the essay. But it still does affect the game. The "The Treatment" treatment has different results depending on femininity. I dont know enough about the game to come up with any other examples of effects, but ill look for more and come back.

I still dont think it should be in the game. It portrays sexuality as a line , when sexuality is made of several different things that align non linearly. It also hampers roleplay. If i want to play a character who looks like duke nukem, but walks, acts, and talks like jessica rabbit, then 100 masculinity is counter to what my character is. I know that it is a small issue that "can be ignored," but this is a game about fantasy and fiction. Why limit what we can fantasize about.

TheGreatAnony

Nov 28, 2021
You're the one limiting yourself, not the game.
:( i didnt mean to aggravate. But i think my points still stand.
I think that there should be a series of new terms to describe new characters. You make the game so you decide, but as an example, feminizing biomods could change the way the character walks, talks, stands etc. There could be drugs to take to change the femininity of those actions.

Or these "stats" could be determined by action or manual selection and increase 1 through 5 as the player becomes more feminized or masculinized. I think that should be the system. More detail, less restriction. Then the "femininity" stat could be determined through a weighted average, or maybe just a minimum femininity cumulative.

Please tell me if i overlooked something.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
:( i didnt mean to aggravate. But i think my points still stand.
I think that there should be a series of new terms to describe new characters. You make the game so you decide, but as an example, feminizing biomods could change the way the character walks, talks, stands etc. There could be drugs to take to change the femininity of those actions.

Or these "stats" could be determined by action or manual selection and increase 1 through 5 as the player becomes more feminized or masculinized. I think that should be the system. More detail, less restriction. Then the "femininity" stat could be determined through a weighted average, or maybe just a minimum femininity cumulative.

Please tell me if i overlooked something.
The changes you're proposing here seem entirely frivolous and unnecessary. As Savin already stated the only thing the femininity score really does is decide what pronouns you get on auto. It has no bearing whatsoever on how the character walks talks or stands. The character sheet is designed in such a way as to leave the finer details like that up to the players imagination. If you want to imagine your Duke Nukem looking PC walking, talking and acting like Jessica Rabbit the only thing stopping you is you.

But asking the devs and all the writers to accommodate for everything you can imagine your character doing in fine detail down to how they talk and stand is just asking way to much. Not to mention stripping other players ability to imagine their PC skipping from place to place and talking like master chief, or walking and talking like a pimp named Slickback, unless you're saying they should accommodate that as well.

Reactions: Animefan666

TheGreatAnony

Nov 28, 2021
You're the one limiting yourself, not the game.
Also, i quite like the way the femininity in COC2 works. It is product of the player's choices/biomods, not in spite of the players choices. If this system were to be added to TiTS, i think that would be good. But expansions to the system like adding walking, talking, acting styles would be great.

Are my comments unwanted? I only wished to add my thoughts on these games in a positive way. If my (hopefully) positive criticism is unwanted, please tell me.

TheGreatAnony

Nov 28, 2021
The changes you're proposing here seem entirely frivolous and unnecessary. As Savin already stated the only thing the femininity score really does is decide what pronouns you get on auto. It has no bearing whatsoever on how the character walks talks or stands. The character sheet is designed in such a way as to leave the finer details like that up to the players imagination. If you want to imagine your Duke Nukem looking PC walking, talking and acting like Jessica Rabbit the only thing stopping you is you.

But asking the devs and all the writers to accommodate for everything you can imagine your character doing in fine detail down to how they talk and stand is just asking way to much. Not to mention stripping other players ability to imagine their PC skipping from place to place and talking like master chief, or walking and talking like a pimp named Slickback, unless you're saying they should accommodate that as well.
I do agree that the changes i am presenting have minute effects and would require tons of work, that doesnt mean that they shouldnt be thought on. If they are too difficult to implement then that ends the issue. I dont think it is possible to mention in every piece of dialogue if my character skips around or walks on hand stands and that shouldnt be attempted, but why cant it be mentioned in your character description?
"Your cutesy voice comes across as innocently seductive"
"Your butch voice comes across as dominant"

The descriptions of these "stats" dont have to be precise, but they could just range into mas and fem then allow people to specify the resulting look themselves.

I dont believe that the system is designed as accommodatingly as possible. If the system "just" determines what pronouns you are set to, why are there minimums and maximums for different genitals. If you reach a level of femininity where your pronouns are "she/her", why cant some characters go further? Why do some transformations change the level of femininity beyond the minimum?

If the femininity is limited only to pronoun, then it shouldnt matter what level it is changed to with some transformations. Yet it does which leads me to believe that it is a representation of appearance, a small and vague one, but still a factor nontheless.

If the system were to be similar to savin's system where the stat is a culmination of other aspects, then that would be great.

I dont mean to make gender specific changes, if something is done for one combination of sex and gender, it should be done for others.

P.S. Im not particullarly socially wise. I feel as if i am irritating other and i do not understand why. If i am or if i am not please tell me why.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Also, i quite like the way the femininity in COC2 works. It is product of the player's choices/biomods, not in spite of the players choices.
I'm really baffeled by what you mean by this. Both games use almost exactly the same system, the main difference being that COC2 doesn't actually show you the score on the character sheet. Is it really just seeing the number that bothers you so much?
Are my comments unwanted? I only wished to add my thoughts on these games in a positive way. If my (hopefully) positive criticism is unwanted, please tell me.
I don't want you to think you're opinion is unwelcome but I implore you to really Think hard about what precisely you're having an issue with and whether or not it's something that the devs should address or if it's a personal thing. I say this because while you may not be the only one this way you are the first one so far to raise the issue about a system that's been apart of the game for a very long time.

I dont believe that the system is designed as accommodatingly as possible. If the system "just" determines what pronouns you are set to, why are there minimums and maximums for different genitals. If you reach a level of femininity where your pronouns are "she/her", why cant some characters go further? Why do some transformations change the level of femininity beyond the minimum?

If the femininity is limited only to pronoun, then it shouldnt matter what level it is changed to with some transformations. Yet it does which leads me to believe that it is a representation of appearance, a small and vague one, but still a factor nontheless.

If the system were to be similar to savin's system where the stat is a culmination of other aspects, then that would be great.

I dont mean to make gender specific changes, if something is done for one combination of sex and gender, it should be done for others.

P.S. Im not particullarly socially wise. I feel as if i am irritating other and i do not understand why. If i am or if i am not please tell me why.
See this here is what I'm talking about. That number on the character sheet is just a number. It doesn't affect anything about you're character. Why are you so hung up on seeing that number and wanting to max it out when it doesn't do anything? And the whole spiel about COC2 leads me to believe that what's going on here is that you've been gotten ahold of by some mind goblins that just want to see that number be maxed out or doesn't want to see it at all.

And no I'm not personally annoyed by your comments we're just having a discussion.

Looking back now I think I see where you might be confused about the femininity scoring system in TITS so allow me to clear that up. It is the pretty much the same system where it takes all of your aspects( dick(s), balls, pussy/ies, breasts, hips, ass, tone, thickness, face, and hair) and uses them to calculate a general score of your femininity and assign a gender based on that score. The score in both games is effected by your characters appearance not the other way around. And again, it has no bearing on how the character walks, talks or acts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Animefan666

TheShepard256

I think there might be some confusion over what stat is what:
  • The Femininity score that has limits based on sex (and occasionally race) is a raw stat - a number from 0 to 100 that determines how masculine or feminine Steele's face looks, and only their face (though high values do give a bonus to lip size); 0 being very masculine, 100 being very feminine, 50 being completely androgynous. When displayed in the Codex, this gets converted to a range from 100% Masculinity to 100% Femininity. If I were to guess, the in-universe reasoning behind the sex-based limits is due to sex- and race-based hormonal stuff, and I honestly think these limits are pointless (in the senses of both "it's unfairly restrictive for player choices" and "gene mods should be able to easily bypass it") and should be removed. Note that if your Steele's limits change, I don't think it'll change your Femininity if it's now outside those limits.
  • The score that determines Steele's default pronouns is Gender Appearance Rating, a derived stat which takes the above Femininity into account, but also things like breast, hip and butt sizes, hair length, tone and presence of a beard. It has no hard limits and can be easily overridden by the Preferred Gender option, as seen in Savin's post above.
  • The Treatment does have some variance based on Femininity, but that's entirely for determining the relative chances of getting a particular variant; which variants are available at all depends entirely on your sex (unless you use a cheat to force a specific variant, in which case you'll always get that variant regardless of if you're eligible for it).

TheGreatAnony

Nov 28, 2021
I'm really baffeled by what you mean by this. Both games use almost exactly the same system, the main difference being that COC2 doesn't actually show you the score on the character sheet. Is it really just seeing the number that bothers you so much?
On rereading the COC2 wiki, I made a mistake. I read that "Femininity refers to how Feminine or Masculine the Champion looks and affects multiple parts of the Champion such as how feminine their face is, lip and hip description. The lower the number, the more Masculine the Champion is and the higher the number is, the more Feminine the Champion is."

Upon reading this I made the incorrect assumption that the COC2 femininity system worked by first changing the modifiers of the players character, then using those modifiers to determine the player's overall femininity. This does not seem to be correct according to further reading in the wiki, but I am not near a computer to test this.
The wiki does not state that the femininity stat is changed by mods, but the effect of the femininity is changed by race stats. For example, Elf race champions have a higher femininity threshold (i believe. the wiki is a little different to interpret.). What this does i think is make the femininity be a reflection of the character. the elves are more feminine than other species and that results in changes to the world instead of the rules of the number game. Elves are more feminine than other species, but the player character can be a leaf lover female master chief with a vagina any ways.

Yes, the number does bother me. If i know something is there, it is difficult for me to ignore it and i make extrapolations that color my view point. Once i found out about the femininity rules in TiTS, i made the extrapolations that if this femininity is set to certain points by certain transformations, then femininity has different meanings at different values.

I don't want you to think you're opinion is unwelcome
Thank you for assuaging my social anxieties.

I implore you to really Think hard about what precisely you're having an issue with and whether or not it's something that the devs should address or if it's a personal thing. I say this because while you may not be the only one this way you are the first one so far to raise the issue about a system that's been apart of the game for a very long time.

Whether or not i should speak about something is up to me. I believe in what i am saying and i believe that this is the place to share my opinions on the game. It may be personal, and it probably is, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't speak, defend and advocate my thoughts.

Whether the devs should address the issue or not is not up to me. They are in the driver's seat and they have control. They decide what is worth while, but that shouldn't stop me from saying what I think should be done.

Whether or not I am the only one who has this issue does not make it any less of a topic to be discussed. Being the first opinion of a kind to be shared doesn't make it any less valid. Other's opinions doesn't make it any less valid. But i am willing to change my mind.

See this here is what I'm talking about. That number on the character sheet is just a number. It doesn't affect anything about you're character. Why are you so hung up on seeing that number and wanting to max it out when it doesn't do anything? And the whole spiel about COC2 leads me to believe that what's going on here is that you've been gotten ahold of by some mind goblins that just want to see that number be maxed out or doesn't want to see it at all.
I disagree that the number on the character sheet is just a number. If it affects even one part of my experience (as in my interactions with npcs) then it affects my character. In my previous posts i put out the example that the availability of certain "The Treatment" treatments are restricted to certain levels of femininity. Similarly, "orefish shard" and "cerespirin" transformations are affected by the number of femininities your character has collected. For these reasons, the femininity number becomes something I feel needs to be kept track of. I have to play and mod in a certain way to achieve something i otherwise am unable to get.

I dont wish to max the number out, but the system in place limits the freedom of the player by assigning arbitrary values to certain levels of the femininity chart. When i read that these artificial values dont line up with my image of the character, i go out of my way to change them. The system, again, prevents me from achieving nirvana in how my character should be represented, how the NPCs respond to my character, and how my character is represented. If instead, there were no maximums or minimums that are locked to specific genitals, my girlboss can be as manly as i want her to be.

A specific example would be the foxfire transformation. When taking the drug, the player eventually has a vulpine face without a muzzled flag. This results in an addition of the muzzled flag and the femininity of the player being changed from anything (other than -40 and below and between 45 and 55) to 50. This means that a previously uberfem Woman becomes less female? or a man who is 1 point more feminine than default becomes a girl next door? If femininity was really just a pronoun game, then it shouldn't be touched here.

And no I'm not personally annoyed by your comments we're just having a discussion.
Thank you again for being kind.

Looking back now I think I see where you might be confused about the femininity scoring system in TITS so allow me to clear that up. It is the pretty much the same system where it takes all of your aspects( dick(s), balls, pussy/ies, breasts, hips, ass, tone, thickness, face, and hair) and uses them to calculate a general score of your femininity and assign a gender based on that score. The score in both games is effected by your characters appearance not the other way around.
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that a character's features becomes the character's femininity becomes the character's gender. However, if this were the case, individual transformations that include explicit changes to femininity according to the wiki would not need to exist. The Breast, ass, etc. are separate from femininity, but femininity piggy-backs on some transformations. This results in femininity values that I feel are completely unrelated to the features my character has.

A specific example would be to take a male character, and feminize them to obscenity. Tits, ass, tone, thickness, etc (Except Genitals). In this case, we would have a bombshell female god with a penis and only 40% as female as other people can be.

As soon as we add a vagina, the score maximum increases, but the actual score does not reflect the reality of the body.

We can again inflate the femininity of the character to the new maximum of 70%. A hyper-fetish wet dream. gravity defying tits, ass bubblier than NASA space suit helmets. but only 70% of the way to "true perfect female body."

If we go forward and remove the penis, the maximum increases to 100. But the ACTUAL SCORE changes very little. So our big titty goth girl gf is not as woman as the supermodels out there no matter what the attributes of the body are.

In these scenarios, i think it is clear that the femininity and appearance are two systems struggling to coexist.

And again, it has no bearing on how the character walks, talks or acts.

I mentioned that in hopes of how the system could be altered to allow it to still affect interpersonal relationships easily (to make coding easier). Femininity would be affected by the actions that a character does. going to sub in sexual encounters could grow and eventually lead to a 5 out of 5 in submissiveness. Actively changing how the character moves and talks through choices (not a large ammount of them. for example two different "yes" choices would appear with different mas or fem values) could lead to a 1 out of 5 in speech and manner. The body would appear as one of these stats.

If we had a few more stats, the character a person plays would be reflected in numbers more accurately, and players would not be pinned into specific disassociation between body and femininity. We could have macho men who sub in the bedroom and are thus with their stats averaged are more feminine than men who dom.

We could have relationships where one party wants a feminine other party, and that could be solved with a high femininity value that required to have say a 12 point total. so a character would need 3 points in fem speech, 3 in fem talk, 3 in fem walk/manner, and have 3 points in fem body. or a character could have 5 in fem speech, talk, and walk, but still have the body of thor. If this would be a problem for relationships where the npc wants a female in looks, then we have that settled as well since the fem bod stat is there and can be exclusively called.

The femininity system is as wide as a puddle but as deep as an ocean. this means that every bit has alot of meaning. My proposed alternative would be as wide as an ocean, but deep as a puddle. It could provide players with a little detail about more parts of the character, but never force them into contrarian values since the scale of the system is -5 to 5 or something like that.

TheGreatAnony

Nov 28, 2021
I think there might be some confusion over what stat is what:
  • The Femininity score that has limits based on sex (and occasionally race) is a raw stat - a number from 0 to 100 that determines how masculine or feminine Steele's face looks, and only their face (though high values do give a bonus to lip size); 0 being very masculine, 100 being very feminine, 50 being completely androgynous. When displayed in the Codex, this gets converted to a range from 100% Masculinity to 100% Femininity. If I were to guess, the in-universe reasoning behind the sex-based limits is due to sex- and race-based hormonal stuff, and I honestly think these limits are pointless (in the senses of both "it's unfairly restrictive for player choices" and "gene mods should be able to easily bypass it") and should be removed. Note that if your Steele's limits change, I don't think it'll change your Femininity if it's now outside those limits.
  • The score that determines Steele's default pronouns is Gender Appearance Rating, a derived stat which takes the above Femininity into account, but also things like breast, hip and butt sizes, hair length, tone and presence of a beard. It has no hard limits and can be easily overridden by the Preferred Gender option, as seen in Savin's post above.
  • The Treatment does have some variance based on Femininity, but that's entirely for determining the relative chances of getting a particular variant; which variants are available at all depends entirely on your sex (unless you use a cheat to force a specific variant, in which case you'll always get that variant regardless of if you're eligible for it).
I apologize, but I responded to Kingu2 while you posted this. i think we could have a more fruitful discussion if my other post was read. I somewhat covered what you discussed there. I am not sure how to link it here other than to add it as if i am replying to it. If what I wrote changes your opinion, i would love to discuss. If not, then please tell me and I will respond to this comment's points.

Also, in your character's art, i noticed she is pregnant without the suit and flat bellied with the suit. wtf kind of magic is that wight loss? can i have some?

nvm, read more. she gets pregnant... and doesnt go back to not being pregnant until birth... Im a fucking moron.

Last edited:

TheShepard256

If what I wrote changes your opinion,
The only opinion I gave in that post was in agreement with you; namely, that Femininity should not be limited by genitals. Everything else (except the guess) is a fact on how the game works.
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that a character's features becomes the character's femininity becomes the character's gender.
I think you're misunderstanding. Features become Gender Appearance Rating, not Femininity; Femininity is one of those features. Gender Appearance Rating, in turn, determines your default gender, but if that doesn't match your preferred gender, there's a simple option to change it.
I mentioned that in hopes of how the system could be altered to allow it to still affect interpersonal relationships easily (to make coding easier). Femininity would be affected by the actions that a character does. {a bunch of stuff}
... So, are you arguing that Steele's actions, by themselves (i.e. without transformatives) should directly affect their physical appearance? Or are you saying "femininity" when you mean "gender appearance rating" or simply "gender"? Your previous comments, to me, indicate the latter. In any case, this proposed system would require a ton of work both going through the majority of the game's content to implement and in having even more variables for future writing to take into account, and I don't think it really adds enough to justify all that effort - most NPCs don't care about that kind of stuff, and when they do, it's just the physical stuff that can already be easily accounted for - almost always genitals, and maybe one of Femininity, pronouns or breast size.

Also, it's a lot simpler to simply set your gender to whichever you want, as the Preferred Gender option does, rather than have to take specific actions in order to get/keep the pronouns you want. That, plus this:
We could have macho men who sub in the bedroom and are thus with their stats averaged are more feminine than men who dom.
equates dominance with masculinity. I hope you can see how many people, myself included, would take issue with that. I'm not trying to be hostile, just explaining why I think this idea wouldn't work in practice. At least, if I'm understanding you correctly; you've kind of confused me with everything you've said.

Also, in your character's art, i noticed she is pregnant without the suit and flat bellied with the suit. wtf kind of magic is that wight loss? can i have some?

nvm, read more. she gets pregnant... and doesnt go back to not being pregnant until birth... Im a fucking moron.
There are both pregnant and non-pregnant versions of both her clothed and nude portraits. However, she does have miniaturised hammerspace tech (like what Liriel has in her stand) in the crotch of her suit, because otherwise it would get rather uncomfortable wearing it over her cock&balls (plus, it helps get around those pesky public decency laws).

Reactions: squeak

TheGreatAnony

Nov 28, 2021
I think you're misunderstanding. Features become Gender Appearance Rating, not Femininity; Femininity is one of those features. Gender Appearance Rating, in turn, determines your default gender, but if that doesn't match your preferred gender, there's a simple option to change it.
So my characters body + femininity = gender appearance?

... So, are you arguing that Steele's actions, by themselves (i.e. without transformatives) should directly affect their physical appearance? Or are you saying "femininity" when you mean "gender appearance rating" or simply "gender"? Your previous comments, to me, indicate the latter. In any case, this proposed system would require a ton of work both going through the majority of the game's content to implement and in having even more variables for future writing to take into account, and I don't think it really adds enough to justify all that effort - most NPCs don't care about that kind of stuff, and when they do, it's just the physical stuff that can already be easily accounted for - almost always genitals, and maybe one of Femininity, pronouns or breast size.
I think the system should be changed and there i was spitballing other options. I do not have a clear understanding of the different terms you are referring to when you say "gender appearance rating." The terms i am using are not supposed to call to any stat because i believe they should be changed.

I understand that this system would require work, but what doesn't? If the devs deem it unfeasible, they will not implement it. But i still think that the system would be good for the game and i will advocate for it. I think that it would add more to the game.

The character's body is one thing, but how they act (how they walk, talk, touch objects) should also be taken into consideration. When you look at a person, how they look and how they act determines your descriptors for them.

Steele could have a random encounter and gets to choose her walk. If she chooses to sashay her hips, then she can be described as more feminine. But her body does not change. she just acts a certain way. that score could be added with other things like choosing to pout or grimace at bad news or waiting for a hand to step out of a car to determine Steele's "feminine grace". Then we can take the different femininty values of Steele's actions and use them for npc relations for more depth.

This is just one way an ocean wide, puddle deep approach could work. Do specific inch dimensions and breast sizes really bring that much to the game? Couldnt they just have said "long dick", "short dick", "big tits"? In a vaccuum no, but the entire system of body part sizes makes the game feel very fleshed out in character creation. I think this would bring more to the game. Imagine if instead the dick measuring system was in millimeters. when you took a foxfire drug, your dick was set to 178 mm (7 inches) unless you had a penis that was within 5 mm of that number. Then, if you take a Goblinola, your penis size is set exactly to 76 mm (3 in). These are just sizes that can be changed, but now they have some meaning.

If female characters had a maximum dick size, and male characters had a maximum breast size. but letting male characters have larger more feminine body features, makes them less masculine. The system in place would be changed if we had a similar system in relation to any other body transformation. This is why i think the system should be changed.
most NPCs don't care about that kind of stuff, and when they do, it's just the physical stuff that can already be easily accounted for - almost always genitals, and maybe one of Femininity, pronouns or breast size.
i am assuming that "that kind of stuff" is the characters body proportions. I brought up npc relations as another place where more depth can be added. A character with a bigger ass and smaller tits can be just as sexy as a character with a smaller ass and bigger tits. A character with a smaller dick size who knows how to use it can be just as sexually satisfying as a character with a bigger dick size who just pushes in and out. The current system can take into account more variables and leave the player with a richer experience.

equates dominance with masculinity. I hope you can see how many people, myself included, would take issue with that. I'm not trying to be hostile, just explaining why I think this idea wouldn't work in practice. At least, if I'm understanding you correctly; you've kind of confused me with everything you've said.

The current system equates having a penis to being less feminine or having a vagina to being less masculine.

My mentioning dominance or submissiveness was in reference to how characters who look one way can act another way. You cannot argue that looks influence perception. I apologize if this offends you, but dominance is viewed as a masculine trait. If you google "dominant person" you will have a vast abundance of photos of men. this does not mean that women cannot be dominant. When i googled the above term, the five out of the first six photos described dominant men. Eight out of the first twelve were men. As i scrolled down the image listing, the images evened out, but google chose to put pictures of men at the very top. Many psychological studies have concluded that dominance is a trait that is found more commonly in men than women.

Are dominant women not feminine? No, they can definitely be feminine. But if we have a number line to aggregate all of the disparate features of a person, I would place dominant features as a more masculine trait. In the end, using a linear scale forces the awkward placement of various features.

If my proposed system were to go into place I think that body proportions and features should still play a role, but the "final" femininity stat would be affected by a wide variety of other things. This would allow decisions to be made based on an aggregate of a wide variety of features, but not be so exacting that some players like me are forced into having a contradictory character.

Ultimately, the current system is affected very precisely by certain things. This leads me to believe that the current system has specific meanings at certain values. It is impossible to say that the system is meaningless outside of pronouns. A system limited to pronouns would not need to be changed by specific things in a specific minute way or be used as a value in non grammatical questions.
This system which has value as my above logic (i hope) explains, is flawed and should be changed. It can be changed to include the manners that a character has as well as their body to have a still flawed aggregated femininity that would
1. mean less and allow the player to imagine their own thing with a little extra detail.
2. be available to be called on for certain decisions.

TheShepard256

So my characters body + femininity = gender appearance?
I do not have a clear understanding of the different terms you are referring to when you say "gender appearance rating." The terms i am using are not supposed to call to any stat because i believe they should be changed.
I'm using terms as they're being used in-game. I covered these in my previous post, but in summary:
  • Femininity = how masculine/feminine your face looks
  • Gender Appearance Rating = how masculine/feminine you look overall
  • Gender = which pronouns you use (he/him or she/her; determined by Gender Appearance Rating by default, can be overridden)
The character's body is one thing, but how they act (how they walk, talk, touch objects) should also be taken into consideration. When you look at a person, how they look and how they act determines your descriptors for them.
The thing is, how Steele acts is already handled vaguely enough that you can simply head-canon the details - and when gendered actions are mentioned, they're determined by Steele's gender, which defeats the point of making a system where your actions determine your gender.
Imagine if instead the dick measuring system was in millimeters. when you took a foxfire drug, your dick was set to 178 mm (7 inches) unless you had a penis that was within 5 mm of that number. Then, if you take a Goblinola, your penis size is set exactly to 76 mm (3 in). These are just sizes that can be changed, but now they have some meaning.
Penis length already has meaning; it's a major determinant in cock volume, which in turn determines if a cock can fit inside a given orifice, which in turn determines which scenes Steele is eligible for (generally speaking, when Steele is pitching, penis-in-orifice scenes require that the cock fits inside, and hyper scenes require that it doesn't; when Steele is catching, those limits are usually ignored). Also, quite a few scenes have small variations depending on cock length. Setting cock length equal to a certain size when using racial TFs doesn't change that, and would actually make it more difficult to get your ideal body regardless of whether we're measuring in metric or imperial.
i am assuming that "that kind of stuff" is the characters body proportions.
"That kind of stuff" is Steele's body in its entirety and their gender; most characters in TiTS are effectively pansexual, so Steele's looks and pronouns don't matter to them at all. The main exceptions are for non-bipeds (i.e. taurs, nagas and goos) and neuters, as most writers simply don't or won't account for them due to how niche and unconventional they are - that's the reason it was decided CoC2's Champion and their companions must always be bipedal with genitals.
The current system equates having a penis to being less feminine or having a vagina to being less masculine.
Only in regards to the limits on Femininity - which, as I've stated before, I think should not be a thing. Notably, outside this, genitals do not have an impact on Gender Appearance Rating at all - so, for example, a guy with a massive cock and no pussy is considered equally as masculine as the same guy with no cock and a well-used, sopping wet pussy.
I apologize if this offends you, but dominance is viewed as a masculine trait.
Many psychological studies have concluded that dominance is a trait that is found more commonly in men than women.
That's in real life, which is heavily informed by cultures that historically were, and to varying extents still are, sexist in favour of men being dominant. TiTS and its community don't have a culture like that; we're extremely gender-equal and have (mostly) left such preconceptions behind, so we do not associate dominance or submissiveness with either gender.

Overall, I get the impression that what you're arguing for is a system that goes into Steele's gender and gendered actions in much more detail than the current system (which leaves that kind of stuff rather vague and open to head-canon/interpretation). The problems with that are:
a) it would require all writers to account for even more than they already have to, which is something few writers want to do;
b) pretty much all writers ignore Steele's gender completely when determining their actions outside the player's control anyways (the three or five Personalities - Kind, Mischievous and Hard, optionally Bimbo and Bro - are typically used instead); and
c) there's a much higher potential of presenting a mismatch between a player's perception/head-canon of their Steele and what Steele actually does, which goes against what I think you're trying to argue for.

Masuroa

Mar 23, 2021
Hmm. I wish i checked that the femininity did something before i wrote the essay. But it still does affect the game. The "The Treatment" treatment has different results depending on femininity. I dont know enough about the game to come up with any other examples of effects, but ill look for more and come back.

I still dont think it should be in the game. It portrays sexuality as a line , when sexuality is made of several different things that align non linearly. It also hampers roleplay. If i want to play a character who looks like duke nukem, but walks, acts, and talks like jessica rabbit, then 100 masculinity is counter to what my character is. I know that it is a small issue that "can be ignored," but this is a game about fantasy and fiction. Why limit what we can fantasize about.
Its not portraying your sexuality its showing visually what traits you show as masculine, feminin and androgenous
in what you described I would say the game is correct that visually you are "manly" as looking duke nukem but act feminin is how they walk talk and speak

your letting that number have more value than it actually has over how you want to play your character - but also remember its a game and its a very flexible game but can't account for everything ^^