Favourite weapons?

Sep 6, 2019
I prefer the Saurmorian Railgun for raw damage, or the Ice Lance for its stun chance (though that seems to be nerfed lately). Does anyone else have a go to weapon and why?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Custom Shock Gear: Stun Chance and Bonus Hit Rate. What's not to love? It's especially good with Sturm and Drang, since Stunned targets are always hit, ensuring your followup attacks.
Cryolizer/Entropy/Ice Lance are the same weapon, just with increasing Bonus Accuracy. Best as a sidearm to Melee Mercs. Power Strike detonates Freeze for 4-6x base damage (and can Crit for more).
Heavy Slut Ray: Stun Chance and Bonus Hit Rate. While it can't be fired more than once/turn by default, Rapid Fire/Sturm and Drang works. It can also be Overcharged. For extra fun, take Sturm and Drang and pair it with Light Savicite Maul.
Shock Bow: The other Ranged Stun weapon. Especially useful on a Ranged Smuggler.
NaN Deconstructor: Vampiric greatly improves endurance, especially when enemies have attacks that bypass Shields.
Rough Leash: One of two ways for Mercs to Trip, if you took Vaulting Strike, for some reason. Greater Draining requires the target to have Shields but is good when it applies. Crushing detonates Freeze, making up for it's low base damage, and it has +10 Crit Chance. And it's not an Energy Weapon, so Low Tech Solutions applies. Overall, I like the Custom Shock Gear better (Stun Chance is just that good), but it does have a valid use case.

Rouser and Trick Bracer get honorable mentions for being really good Stat Sticks.

Ice Lance was changed to Freeze Chance to match similar weapons.
Sarumorian Rail Gun's inability to Crit is dragging it down. Especially with Sturm and Drang's bonus Crit rate. If you've got the Evasion to spare, Shalinae Ki-Bow is better.

Last edited:
Reactions: orange64 and Kesil

Jn_Sinnombre

Dec 26, 2023
I prefer the Saurmorian Railgun for raw damage, or the Ice Lance for its stun chance (though that seems to be nerfed lately). Does anyone else have a go to weapon and why?

Widow's Kiss: it's stupid with Sturm Drung perk, you do both tease damage AND normal damage along with attacking with your gun
Stormbull Shotgun: Good 'Ol Reliable, you can practically sweep most of the enemies of Zheng Shi with it.
Sleet Shaft: The Cooler "Frozen Spire" where you hear some intrusive thoughts about getting cold intentionally.
Akane's Lash Cannon: Ever wished to fucking nuke your enemies? the Lash Cannon is the option for you! it's a practical double-tap along with looking cool as hell according to the description
Petra's Whip: It's the mercenary one but all of the Petra Whips are pretty damn solid.

Reactions: orange64
Sep 6, 2019
I had completely overlooked the updates to the other classes with the level cap increases! Also forgot that weapons can be stat sticks, and the criticality of critical hits!

Yay! New playthrough! Thanks guys!

Reactions: orange64

kBro

Jan 26, 2024
I really like anything with decent flags like Stun Chance, and stuff that can combo like Crushing with Freeze Chance. Anything that can reduce an enemy's ability to perform actions (stun/trip) is always super valuable.
The Custom Shock Gear is just super good. The damage combination works good on shields or armor, and even if it's damage isn't the highest for melee weapons, the Stun Chance and Bonus Hit Rate make it super easy to lock down enemies. Combined with any weapon with Freeze Chance and you can alternate between stun and freeze to completely shut down any single enemy with ease. Also, getting to fight hand to hand is awesome.
The Light Savacite Maul is fun, it has Stun Chance and Crushing too, and is hilarious on a Melee Tech with Charge Weapon. The damage multiplier from shattering Frozen also applies to the Lust damage, which is neat. Unga Bunga Horny Bonk.
The Tri-beam Rifle is a fun one. Multiple damage types and Bonus Hit Rate, so it's super consistent. No special flags, but decent damage.
I love the idea of the Knuckle Busters, but the lack of traits other than Stagger kinda kills it for me, especially compared to the Custom Shock Gear.
Edit : Been testing the Knuckle Busters and Hailstorm as a combo. Stagger and Trip are still decent statuses, and the damage output of the two weapons is solid (on top of having decent damage types). Still not as strong as Stun, but very workable.
Honorable mention for the Sleet Shaft (found on Uveto), since it has both Freeze Chance and Crushing, on top of Bonus Hit Rate. You'd probably want to look at getting Stun Chance elsewhere from either the Shock Bow or Heavy Slut Ray.
Not technically a weapon, but the Bimboleum Defense System is hilarious on a anyone with big shields, especially a tech. A fantastic final fuck-you that hits every enemy on the field and can instantly end an encounter if the enemy doesn't have a Lust reset ability.

Last edited: