Favorite ship configurations?

Hurshana

Dec 3, 2015
Just curious what type of ships people like to run.
Is there a single best build ATM, or are people finding ways to make different types of ship combat viable?

Celine

Sep 13, 2019
Toss up for me between Sidewinder or K7. With a Turret or two and Shield booster either can handle every space fight currently in the game with relative ease, then fill the rest of the space with crew quarters because waifus/husbandos are far more important than more ship stats if you ask me. (though you can also just use a cheatcode for infinite crew space and go nuts with your other upgrades)

Sidewinder comes with Olympia, but K7 has more crew space for the space harem and consumables storage for all those rainy day TFs.

That said I think I read something about the current ships in game largely being place holders until the real ship xpac so I'll just tack on a "for now" to these setups.

Reactions: valkyr42

TheShepard256

That said I think I read something about the current ships in game largely being place holders until the real ship xpac so I'll just tack on a "for now" to these setups.
You read somewhat correctly. The ships themselves aren't placeholders, but the current ship combat/stat system is. As such, all of these setups should have "for now" tacked on to them.

As for my current preferred ship config: a Sidewinder-class stealth corvette with one each of Missile Turret, EM Turret, Machine Gun Turret and Power Core Tuner, with the remaining six slots filled with Advanced Crew Quarters.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Clysdale with some missile turrents and then packed to full of Advanced Crew Quarters.

Or I'll jack the Sidewinder eventually and min-max and go clowncaring.