Favorite Companions in terms of Romance

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Yo guys, I figured it was time to do another one of these. So in which order would you rate the companions in terms of romance?

For me:

1.) Brienne - Monogamous (my brain ain't made for poly stuff) and probably the sexiest among the companions.
2.) Etheryn - Wholesome moments, at her best when Alypia is writing. Still concerned about why a scene with Hashat would raise her confidence instead of decreasing it
3.) Kiyoko - Monogamous, but she starts to decline after being set free from the orb.
4.) SubArona - I wouldn't call her a sub to be honest, not to mention her content seems to be an afterthought compared to her dom version. But I do enjoy the "sub" content.
5.) Viviane - Not much to her, but what she currently has is still nice.
6.) Brint - A bro that I can occasionaly fuck.
7.) Atugia - Kinda boring.
8.) Agnimitra - Also boring.
9.) Cait - I can respect that she's honest about the type of person she is and what she wants in a relationship, but it's 100% not my thing and never will be.
10.) DomArona - I don't enjoy being treated like dirt.
11.) Azyrran - She honestly wouldn't be this low for me if it weren't for the whole Liaden thing. In fact she would've been number 3.
12.) Quin - He can eat shit and die in a ditch, my lord it felt good rejecting him.

Last edited:

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
I'm not going to lie, I'm not crazy about the companion romances, but to be fair, most aren't really "done" yet.
I'll never be comfortable with Brienne, the means to get them are too dubious for me to do so.

Etheryn has the best, although she has a TON of content behind her romance, so I suppose that's the lazy answer.

I don't really like Arona at all. Cait's pretty neat, I feel like it's easier to write scenes when you don't need to refer to one participant by catch all terms, so I actually really like the scenes she has with other people. It's kinda a shame most of it is defeat sex... and her hottest scene is locked behind corruption gain :C... and I'm kinda disliking that because of that, her corruption arc is likely going to be related to encouraging this behavior.

I haven't engaged enough with Kiyoko. Her contents a bit too isolated from the world at large for me to pay a lot of attention to it. I'd only really engage with the content for the Control Rod.

Brint's pretty cool, not my sexual cup of tea, but he's just a cool dude. Kinda occupies this space with Garret.

Quin's weird. Dude ranges from being a kinda okay dude, to being this weird guy with weird thoughts and ideas about the people around him.

I haven't engaged enough with the others to know how I feel about them.

So, I'm going to kinda cheat and say: Lyric. The public sex scenes are great. More Lyric!

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022
1. Brint - He's very sweet. I adore him, and will feed him lots of cake.
2. Agnimitra/Arona/Atugia/Azyrran/Brienne/Cait/Etheryn/Kiyoko/Viviane - Disqualified (woman)
3. Quin - I just don't like him.

Reactions: HK-47

Dbj614

Jan 8, 2023
Might be an unpopular opinion but I’ve always found it silly to look at the romance paths with companions in this game through the typical real world lens romance is generally viewed. I have nothing against polyamorous relationships, do what makes you happy, but I’m definitely not built for that type of thing and that’s me as a real life person.

In this game I look at romance in the vein that it is solely based on exploring different relationship dynamics with different companions, and through that exploration finding out what I enjoy the most but also not dismissing all the others out of hand. For example my champ trends on the submissive side in the sheets, but at the same time I generally enjoy a partner that treats me as an equal, so I often veer towards brint’s content more than However sometimes I’m really just in a mood to get dicked down and told how much of a submissive slut I am, so I might veer towards Arona or quin when that feeling arises. Some days I’m in the mood to be a ruthless dominant asshole so I buy a bunch of blue eggs and turn my usual 4 inch cock into a 13 inch one and make ryn or cait or brienne bite the pillow for a while.

The world of coc 2 has established in my mind that romance is defined as exploration of passion and sexual desire without the stigma of placing yourself in a specific box. If Brint and my champ’s relationship progresses to marriage eventually, I’m still gonna be able to take a trip to the winter city and get leashed up by elyon right before he blows my back out, and no love will be lost.

TLDR: unpopular personal opinion is that romancing companions doesn’t matter because I’m gonna either fuck or get fucked by all of them depending on what type of horny I’m feeling that day

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
Brienne and Ryn, mostly.

Ryn is wholesome af, and Alypia makes her shine even brighter.

Brienne keeps things simple, which is a godsend.

TheGSone

Apr 16, 2020
Within the available companions, Kiyoko is my choice for romance. Growing our family was very wholesome for me, and I feel like my character will never fully forgive Keros for taking that time away.

As a fuck-buddy, Cait. I won't chase delusions of romance with the town's bicycle. But I will go for a ride every now and then.

Then there's Lyric, the honorary companion. I need her close at hand, to satisfy my primal urge for Kobolds, and I won't let her go.

Outside companions, I want to give a huge shout-out to Vari. I'll go out of my way just to visit her. No other NPC can claim the same.

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
Maybe I'm weird, but Cait being dtf doesn't particularly bother me? I don't know how you guys engage with this game, but it would feel kind of weird running around "being the town bicycle" but expecting much in the way of monogamy from their 20+ partners.

Maybe in a monogamous run? But the game doesn't really support something like that.

Off The Record

Mar 26, 2021
Brienne is a little too perfect. I need a pinch of spice. A whiff of drama.

I also wish she were willing to participate in threesomes in a kind of "it'd be really cool to double team this little nerd we just stomped."

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Maybe I'm weird, but Cait being dtf doesn't particularly bother me? I don't know how you guys engage with this game, but it would feel kind of weird running around "being the town bicycle" but expecting much in the way of monogamy from their 20+ partners.

Maybe in a monogamous run? But the game doesn't really support something like that.
I mostly see the fantasy for what it is, a place where you don't have to worry about all those insecurities and worries that plague us in reality. I like Cait and keep the relationship going, though I don't view her in the same way I view Brienne or Kiyoko. Would I be into someone like Cait IRL? Very good chance no - I don't like the idea of sharing, at least with another men. Granted, most people aren't secure in their own place in the relationship ecosystem or open enough to have that kind of partner either way.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
I don't particularly like playing like that to be honest. I have one character dedicated to one romance at a time, although the one character I made that I have romanced Kasyrra with is the only poly one but they only have sex with others as long as it gets them what they want.

Last edited:

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Brienne is a little too perfect. I need a pinch of spice. A whiff of drama.

I also wish she were willing to participate in threesomes in a kind of "it'd be really cool to double team this little nerd we just stomped."
That ruins her biggest appeal to me and others too. It's like making Cait monogamous.

Last edited:

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
Brint is the best pal, he will help punch some jerks, fuck some gals together and even don't mind if Champ make a move at his own mother and sister. What a great bro! But what about romance with him? If my Champ is not full female or some very feminine boi... It usually goes like this: "-I'm always on top! -Yeah-yeah cool story bro... now check out that shiny totally-not-cursed armor, I think it would look really good on you! wink-wink " because:

Brienne! MVP! Simple as that. Great variety of sex scenes with great quality. And that pregnancy content! It's just top notch. I just can't separate her from the whole brihouse thing, yes that not fair to other companions, but after it's long awaited release Brienne is officially the "Best Girl" TM for me! The one and only drawback for me is that there is no option to make her futa. Yeah that's a bit of contradiction from me, but dream of big, strong futa, who genuinely cares about Champ and treats him like an equal, not just using him as a some mere cum rag, without all that dom/sub stuff, is too attractive for me to just get it out of my head.

Cait is great fuck buddy, no more no less. I can understand those who want a romantic relationship with her, but man, she is determined in her whoring religion and she is being extremely honest with the Champion about what kind of relationship she can give them. And I respect that honesty. Overall I enjoy her content and look forward to more.

Etheryn. Oh boy, a very VERY close second place and it's only because Brienne has a brihause. By itself Ryn is wonderful. I know there's a possibility of being cruel to her, but to me it's just like trying to open a coconut with teeth, painful and unreasonable. So just hugs, gifts, cuddle, moral support and tender sex only for my queen. Well maybe turn her into a buttslut when she's ready for it. Anything for her to forget how her bitch-sister abused her. I swear, every time her portrait changes to the one with the smile, it makes me heart a little warmer. Wish that in the future there will be an opportunity to formalize a relationship with Ryn somehow, as a consort or even just as an official concubine, I don't care, I've go for that.

Azyrran. I'm usually not into insect-like girls, but Azy is such a sweetheart (he-he get it?). Also don't mind her relationship with Liaden and for feminine Champ it's even a bonus. And venom addiction is fun to play with, especially that it's not forced on Champ and can be easily removed. Definitely want more of her, even if you can't get any further romantically.

Atugia - romancing a muscular redheaded tomboy? Hell yeah! Without hesitation a solid third place! Such a cute and adorable girl definitely need more love! All her content feels like... nice. Yeah a very nice. Savin mentioned lately the so-called "Atugia quest", I hope so that it's a real thing. Also hope that involves Carmen (damn! that's hips!). Nevertheless I will remain in full-Hachiko mode for that to come.

Arona - oh yeah! Subrona is perfect for my "turn the tables on arrogant doms and hit them with it!" fetish. She actually pretty much nice when not trying to prove to everyone around her how dominant she is and that you're her bitch. Pregnancy content also helps. As for Domrona... meh.

Kiyoko - what a cruel joke Tobs play, cruel joke indeed. I've been down this road all the way through once. But I'll never set my foot on it again. Because the only thing at the end is pain and disappointment.

Viviane - damn, that's a HOT witch right there! And only one possible (at a moment) demon companion! Shortage of content kinda hurts her, but I looking for more to come and hoping for romance.

Agni - well... she there... I guess. Maybe when lands of harpies get released she will do more action.

Quin always just sit there in tavern and chill. That's it. And it looks like things are going to stay that way for a long time.

Berwy. Yes Berwy! Devs can remove the code from game, but they never remove femboy mage from our hearts! He's sweet, cute, adorable and totally hate anal!;) I always romance him regardless of Champ's gender, but sometimes change his gender instead, for fun.

Reactions: ForeverLurker

ForeverLurker

Feb 9, 2022
If I had to make a top three Brieanne, Kiyoko, then Ryn. Brieanne is just the best you guys knocked it out the park with her. My own complaint is she didn't jump my bones everytime I enter the tavern lol. Waiting to see what the rest of the Bri content brings.

Kiyoko... I really love kiyoko all the fluff moments at the home are great and you can just relax with her. One of my favorite characters in the game, but because I love the character I can see the flaws. I don't like that she doesn't really have much interest in my life, but is elated in anything in kitsune politics. Her interacting in a Main story quest is 50/50 you either have a nice loving moment or she just isolated. Outside of the den you don't feel much like her husband. Which is odd because when you first meet her she glad to have you around you being what her people would call a barbarian. To wrap up I just want too hang out with the other fluff kids

Ryn is great I like how you can mold her demeanor as the game goes. She sweet she really has some good interactions in the main story. I would kill for her meme is very well placed for her. The bed scenes are also very adorable. My only problem with ryn after the cage is gone. This is a big me issue so sorry if it offends, but I am and never will be into being penatrated(pegged). Some people are into that and I have no problem with that, but it's not for me. That aside I still adore her character!

As for the other characters there isn't really enough for them for me personally. I'm a straight dude so Brint is just a bro and Quinn is Quinn so I don't interact with them. I fell like the other ladies especially Viv and Atu need more to them thier kinda just there to be there.

Helia

May 8, 2017
I've never understood the stigma against Arona, as it doesn't at all line up with my game experience with her.

I can't think of any moments where she was disrespectful, mean-spirited or treated the champion as inferior. There is a clear separation between her thoughts on the champion in the bedroom and as a person; and even then, most of her dom content is focused on how much she adores you, how incredibly sexy you are, and how amazing you are at sex.

She has a raucous personality and enjoys revelry and strength at arms, but she also comes across as generally quite moral. Her observations on the hypocrisy of slavery at Khor'minos seem accurate to me, contextualizing the moral standards of people in the setting; and I get the impression she treated her concubines back home more like girlfriends.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
I've never understood the stigma against Arona, as it doesn't at all line up with my game experience with her.

I can't think of any moments where she was disrespectful, mean-spirited or treated the champion as inferior. There is a clear separation between her thoughts on the champion in the bedroom and as a person; and even then, most of her dom content is focused on how much she adores you, how incredibly sexy you are, and how amazing you are at sex.

She has a raucous personality and enjoys revelry and strength at arms, but she also comes across as generally quite moral. Her observations on the hypocrisy of slavery at Khor'minos seem accurate to me, contextualizing the moral standards of people in the setting; and I get the impression she treated her concubines back home more like girlfriends.
I've always liked Arona, but I've only ever had sub Arona. I think she's kind of adorable in a tsundere kind of way.

Dbj614

Jan 8, 2023
This is just me but I feel like it has to do with people not looking passed the situational bad end where Arona enslaves the player. That combined with the verbiage in her dirty talk when dominant towards the player I think makes people assume her driving motivation is always ultimately going to be collaring the player and dragging them back to kervus to be her sex slave.

I’m with you though, she’s domineering in the sheets when she’s the dom, but that’s where her treating the player as less than ends and even that comes across largely as role play anyway. I could be way off base about people viewing her this way though.

Reactions: Helia

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
This is just me but I feel like it has to do with people not looking passed the situational bad end where Arona enslaves the player. That combined with the verbiage in her dirty talk when dominant towards the player I think makes people assume her driving motivation is always ultimately going to be collaring the player and dragging them back to kervus to be her sex slave.

I’m with you though, she’s domineering in the sheets when she’s the dom, but that’s where her treating the player as less than ends and even that comes across largely as role play anyway. I could be way off base about people viewing her this way though.
Plus she just grab and use Champ if enough time without sex passed. And no matter what Champion thinks about it, he's IS basically her slave in this situation. Wiki says that this scene happens only in non settlement area, but I've run into this myself a few times on the streets of Hawkethorne, on my way out of the tavern. Could be a bug, the save was from a pretty old build, for testing new content not for core champions.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Kiyoko takes the top spot for me. All the little scenes and interactions combined with the big family events just gives her the best romantic wife feel. She's hands down my favorite romance in the game.

Ethryn comes second especially with Aly's scenes. Her high con romance scenes are so good they almost make up for her low con scenes being neglected.

Cait, I feel does have a special relationship to the champ that she doesn't really share with anyone else. I'm not at all bothered fucking anyone and everyone, all we really need is a date scene or two to really solidify the romantic relatonship.

The rest I'm not really interested in romatically.

honorable non-companion mentions Atani, Ahmri, Livy, Noire, and Senja.

Reactions: A1teros

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015

I'm honestly just not a huge fan of the setup for her content and how the content ultimately plays out. Her sub content doesn't seem defined by a trust in her partner, and moreso her taking it on the chin that she can't be on top, while her Dom content feels like you're strictly the "inferior" in the relationship, rather than you putting your trust in her. I suppose it fits, given you're forced to pick one route or another with her due to the nature of how her tribe functions and how her content is structured.

I just think it's a shame there isn't a more neutral grounds to interact with her. The sub and dom content she has kind of rub me the wrong way in terms of relationship dynamic, and ranking in terms of relationship, I just don't feel the love/trust that you can see develop from say, Brint(ene even if I dislike the means of acquiring her), Ryn, or Cait.

Granted, not every companion necessarily needs a romance arc, but if we're ranking them based off of romance, I don't think it's particularly strange that Arona wouldn't perform very well.

Helia

May 8, 2017
Plus she just grab and use Champ if enough time without sex passed. And no matter what Champion thinks about it, he's IS basically her slave in this situation. Wiki says that this scene happens only in non settlement area, but I've run into this myself a few times on the streets of Hawkethorne, on my way out of the tavern. Could be a bug, the save was from a pretty old build, for testing new content not for core champions.
The scene is written as the champion being incredibly eager and willing, and I love content like that and with Siegwulfe where they initiate sex while you are traveling, it hits the mark on the free-use and casual sex kink.

I don't know where you got the slave interpretation from, Arona travels with you because you helped her with her tribe, she respects you, and she wants to find self-fulfillment adventuring. The champion is written as being an eager participant in a consensual relationship; and you also have an option to volunteer to become the sub later on.

I'm honestly just not a huge fan of the setup for her content and how the content ultimately plays out. Her sub content doesn't seem defined by a trust in her partner, and moreso her taking it on the chin that she can't be on top, while her Dom content feels like you're strictly the "inferior" in the relationship, rather than you putting your trust in her. I suppose it fits, given you're forced to pick one route or another with her due to the nature of how her tribe functions and how her content is structured.

I just think it's a shame there isn't a more neutral grounds to interact with her. The sub and dom content she has kind of rub me the wrong way in terms of relationship dynamic, and ranking in terms of relationship, I just don't feel the love/trust that you can see develop from say, Brint(ene even if I dislike the means of acquiring her), Ryn, or Cait.

Granted, not every companion necessarily needs a romance arc, but if we're ranking them based off of romance, I don't think it's particularly strange that Arona wouldn't perform very well.

I don't really understand what scenes or writing you are referring to here. What I've experienced seems to insinuate mutual trust and no insinuation of inferiority no matter what relationship you have with Arona; and she speaks to you on even footing outside of the bedroom already.

She also is developing an active romance arc in Khor'minos, and especially when you have children together.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022

Honestly when people call the version of Arona that's not a cruel dom a "sub", I raise an eyebrow. She's 100% not a sub in the same way we could've been to her. The only sex scene that comes close to the same level as DomArona is the one that Bubbles wrote.

Last edited:

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Same level of what as Domrona?

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
I think they are comparing how the champion is written as a sub to domrona versus how subrona is written as a sub to the champion. Basically saying subrona isn't as subby to the champion as they are to domrona.
Yes, this.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Azzy - Her and Liaden content is brilliant and on every play through I always make sure to have both of them together. Dragoon Azzy is my preference. Here's hoping she will get some more dominant content.
Brienne - She had some of the best content out the game (her family is the best).
DomRona - Futa lady who is dominant, what's not to love.
Ryn - she's too subby for my liking to be one of my favourites but hey who can say no to a beauty dickgirl like Ryn, especially a happy high con free ranged Ryn. I do enjoy her content though. Also her bimbo content is one of my favourites out the game.
Viv - gets more content then she might be higher up the list. Demon Viv is the absolute best.
Agni - Futa version obviously but she definitely needs more content. Though I have to admit I do sometimes forget about her in some playthroughs.

The rest is meh.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
I wonder what counts as a romanceable character, I started trying to count until I got stuck deciding if Daliza counted or not. Title says companions though so if I ranked them it'd look like this.

1) Etheryn - she's adorable, I love her date scenes. She's probably the most fleshed out and standard romance among the companions.
2) Brienne - She's also very sweet, I hope we get to do stuff in Khor'minos. I appreciate that we got to meet her family and can marry her down the line.
3) Kiyoko - This is an interesting case, Kiyoko's content falls a bit behind the other two in terms of the "dating" feel because it's more as if you're already married and content centers around your family and not-a-marriage (until you officially make it a marriage). I guess due to the nature of the orb thing that was inevitable though.
4) Cait - Sure she's not sexually exclusive with you but in CoC2 land that's not really a dealbreaker, she's very sweet and has basically been our day one, you kiss her you cuddle her you flirt with and console her, I'd say it counts.
5) Atugia - It's telling that she ranks below Cait who isn't even in a committed relationship with Champ, but man she just does not have content.
6) Azzy - she's wonderful but it doesn't really feel like we're the one she's in a relationship with (at least as a male champ). I like that she can pat our head and cuddle us though.
7) Arona (Sub) - Haven't gotten DomArona and don't plan on it. I think I just don't like Arona much but I admit her sub content is surprisingly good. Still below all the other companions though.

Last edited: