Exploit with 93.5% sell price for smuggler

unitedcapta

Jun 1, 2022
So i read somewhere that if you recruit anno you can sell her stuff for 85% of the base price and smuggler have a perk that increases sell price by 10% (supplies and demand perk). So combined i have a sell price of 93.5% (85%*(1+0.10). So the exploit goes like this. There is a vendor named Gene in Myrellion that sells mods at 90% of the base price. So if you are a level 6 smuggler with supplies and demand perk and have recruited Anno you can essentially have a money printing machine by buying mods for 90% of the base price from Gene and then selling it to Anno for 93.5% and pocket the 3.5% profit from the trade. You don't even have to recruit anno, Colenso can also serve the same function since he also buys from you 85% of the base price after you completed his mission.

Edit: The supplies and demand perk also decrease price by 5% of the item's price so the actual profit is 93.5%-(90%*0.95)= 8%

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
This actually seems kind of on-theme for Smugglers.

At most, you can make 66,880 Credits/trip (Taurico Venidae, 22 slots 783,420 - 716,540).

There is definitely a bug, though. You can buy as many GaloMax from him as you can afford (and/or fit in your inventory), but only once. Same with Sera.

unitedcapta

Jun 1, 2022
This actually seems kind of on-theme for Smugglers.

At most, you can make 66,880 Credits/trip (Taurico Venidae, 22 slots 783,420 - 716,540).

There is definitely a bug, though. You can buy as many GaloMax from him as you can afford (and/or fit in your inventory), but only once. Same with Sera.
Oh Yeah, I agree it's on-theme with Smugglers. But it still feels weird getting enough money for the Sledgehammer ship before getting to the 4th planet haha