Essence of Ranaea v0.0.2

Dabbi

Nov 11, 2020
Essence of Ranaea Banner NSFW.png

Public build: https://www.patreon.com/posts/eor-v0-0-2-45520148

Hello!
My name is Dabbi, and I am currently developing Essence of Ranaea, an adult text-based game set in a fantasy world, with unique races and magical powers. I am fully invested in this game, and with the support of Patreon, I can fully dedicate myself into crafting one of the best, most extensive text-based adult games on the market. Currently, I am managing everything - from programming to writing to art - all on my own, so with enough budget, I can be able to hire additional help to develop the game at a quicker and more comfortable pace. My ultimate dream is to be able to work full-time on this project so I can deliver the best product to you all.

Essence of Ranaea is an adult text-based RPG set in a medieval fantasy world, centuries after the events of a catastrophic, global war. In order to prevent the reemergence of violence, the races were split into four separate factions - each with their own set of ideas and values. On a fateful night, you were visited by a mysterious woman and tasked to save the world by destroying the essence crystals scattered across the land - small gemstones that contained unfathomable power. The journey you'll embark is far from easy; the rich, fertile lands are brimming with animated, provocative life. A single, wrong step may spell life or death.

Will you get caught in the treacherous hands of the factions? Kidnapped by a band of orcs? Perhaps forced to serve under the rule of a minotaur chieftain? Dozens of new-formed relationships, unexpected events and tremendous amounts of sexual content awaits you. Welcome to Essence of Ranaea!

ab2e3f85d6e254927c8c8448acbf7a2e.jpg 7effd716f29fde3e6d9dcd3314e8819b.png
dcd94416674babc2a066484f6c45a339.jpg
Tags: 2DCG, Text-based, Fantasy, RPG, Adventure, Female Protagonist, Male Protagonist, Character creation, Milf, Big ass, Big tits, Goblin, Monster, Titfuck, Blowjob, Facefuck, Teasing, Male Domination, Combat, Vaginal sex

Game features that are implemented or are planned to be implemented:

• 120k+ words of content (currently)
  • Dozens of interactable characters with unique sex scenes, written in detail, and branching storylines.
  • Fully integrated relationship system and profile-viewer to establish intimate connections with the characters.
  • A huge variety of races with unique sexual characteristics
  • Various locations to explore with their own creatures and lore
If you want to support the development, please visit my Patreon page, www.patreon.com/Dabbi. All the money goes into improving the game's art, code and writing. Your help is greatly appreciated!

mazgrenan

Sep 11, 2017
I believe your game is too early for public release. There is precious little content and what is there is not implemented well enough to maintain interest. I do not mean that as an insult, merely remarking there is no element which truly makes your game stand out from the extensive library of eternal WIPs. I would recommend you focus on fleshing out the starting areas. I was unable to complete the "Irena's Inquiry" quest or purchase/find combat equipment. It was difficult to explore the world given the large amounts of WIP caption inserts that appeared at seemingly every turn.

The exposition dump intro was an immediate turn off. Such information should be delivered within the fiction, at this point I've yet to become invested in the world or its characters.

Combat was tedious given the large HP pools, lack of tactics, and pitiful damage available. I do not understand the decision to not equip the MC or at least acknowledge it within the fiction. As it was, I resorted to lust damage and reached the max level searching for content. Also, it seemed an odd choice to have damage displayed as decimals instead of whole numbers.

The implied dialogue displayed in NPC interactions contrasts with the unusually chatty dom personality reserved for sex scenes. Perhaps that could be the niche? A dom/sub sub-system for persistent NPCs...

The art more often distracts then titillates, but such things are understandable. Art is expensive after all.

I understand the game is smut first but the RPG elements appear as padding. Busywork as it were, to gate content rather than enhance the experience. It brings to mind those tedious RPG maker titles like Legend of Queen Opala. I hope you take my comments into consideration and look forward to your next release.

Reactions: Malidica

Dabbi

Nov 11, 2020
I believe your game is too early for public release. There is precious little content and what is there is not implemented well enough to maintain interest. I do not mean that as an insult, merely remarking there is no element which truly makes your game stand out from the extensive library of eternal WIPs. I would recommend you focus on fleshing out the starting areas. I was unable to complete the "Irena's Inquiry" quest or purchase/find combat equipment. It was difficult to explore the world given the large amounts of WIP caption inserts that appeared at seemingly every turn.

The exposition dump intro was an immediate turn off. Such information should be delivered within the fiction, at this point I've yet to become invested in the world or its characters.

Combat was tedious given the large HP pools, lack of tactics, and pitiful damage available. I do not understand the decision to not equip the MC or at least acknowledge it within the fiction. As it was, I resorted to lust damage and reached the max level searching for content. Also, it seemed an odd choice to have damage displayed as decimals instead of whole numbers.

The implied dialogue displayed in NPC interactions contrasts with the unusually chatty dom personality reserved for sex scenes. Perhaps that could be the niche? A dom/sub sub-system for persistent NPCs...

The art more often distracts then titillates, but such things are understandable. Art is expensive after all.

I understand the game is smut first but the RPG elements appear as padding. Busywork as it were, to gate content rather than enhance the experience. It brings to mind those tedious RPG maker titles like Legend of Queen Opala. I hope you take my comments into consideration and look forward to your next release.

Appreciate the criticism! I do admit to the mistake of not diverting the initial writing from the sideline NPCS to the locations in the starting town, or to the main plot and story in general. Currently, there are 120k+ words of content, but the majority of it was done on the NPCs in order to round them out as distinct and memorable characters. In future updates, I'll definitely focus more on expanding the main areas so the WIP screen won't be plastered everywhere.

As for combat, the HP pools and damage capacity are completely variable; I didn't give it much thought as they weren't the main areas of focus in the game's development. They can be easily changed for a more comfortable experience, and I'm now slapping myself in the face for not giving it better optimization.

Regardless, I hope you've at least gotten some enjoyment out of your experience and that you're willing to check out any future updates!