Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Strong no

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Maybe / unsure

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
Although I love detail-oriented character creators (this one is definetly a step above the average) I found that picking 3 adjectives for each body part admist a sea of choices was a tad too much/tediuous, specially when one doesn't even know what half of them mean or are, as we have no reference to compare (I had to google quite a few terms to know what spectrum certain skin colors fell into). Peraphs a smaller and simpler list with the your average terms, where you'd only have to pick 1-3, would do: Obese, fat, chubby, average/thin, healthy, toned, muscular + general silhouette shape (pear, apple, hourglass, etc) (for the body); flat, perky, round, side-set, east-west, large, huge, etc + sizes (AA, A, B, C, etc) (for breasts); pale, fair, beige, tanned, dark, ebony + blemished/unblemished, freckled, smooth (for skin). The face and hair are probably the only ones I think it's fitting to have plenty of choices, namely hairstyles and colors, facial traits, etc.

That aside I like the ideia behind the game and I think it shows promise. I hope the fact you have some votes against it doesn't demotivate you from carrying on, as there's definetly some people who would be very interested in seeing it come to fruition. I am one of those people.

Last edited:

EsoCat

Dec 1, 2017
Although I love detail-oriented character creators I found that picking 3 adjectives for each body part admist a sea of choices was a tad too much/tediuous, specially when one doesn't even know what half of them mean or are, as we have no reference to compare (I had to google quite a few terms to know what spectrum certain skin colors fell into). Peraphs a smaller and simpler list with the your average terms, where you'd only have to pick 1-3, would do: Obese, fat, chubby, average/thin, healthy, toned, muscular + general silhouette shape (pear, apple, hourglass, etc) (for the body); flat, perky, round, side-set, east-west, large, huge, etc + sizes (AA, A, B, C, etc) (for breasts); pale, fair, beige, tanned, dark, ebony + blemished/unblemished, freckled, smooth (for skin). The face and hair are probably the only ones I think it's fitting to have plenty of choices, namely hairstyles and colors, facial traits, etc.

It's not quite how it works or why the system is set up like that.

There are no quantitative values behind the choices.
The point is specifically to pick words you like used applied to your character in a narrative context.
If you do not understand some of the words or don't like them you can ignore them, that's the point of there being a large selection.
I personally don't like a lot of the terms there, but that's part of the point as well, the game isn't just for me, it's aimed at accommodating different tastes and, to put it bluntly, different things that people consider hot or sexy.

That's why the question is to pick the words you like applied to your character, that's it.

In turn, when a NPC reacts to your choices (i.e. how the narrator sometimes responds while you're in the character creator) the responses are aimed at specific subsets of those choices.
These subsets they respond to are generally broad and refer to the meanings of the words and which can be considered synonymous in a given situation.
This includes the possibility of certain words finding their way into multiple subsets in any situation.

Here's the MAIN thing though. The sex scenes (and, in a larger perspective, the whole narration) draws from the selections at random to fill in the text with details about your character or anything else that's modular in how the text is built.
The words are thus an element of the narrative aesthetics of the game, not the mechanics.
Where your approach makes sense from that perspective (mechanics, that is), it doesn't quite match with what we're trying to do.

However...

As mentioned earlier, we'll be accommodating people various presets in the future, but we're not compromising on the deep selection being there for people who want it (incidentally, we, the creators are among those people).

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
If it's merely aesthetical then I can live with it.
On a different note, is there an option to increase the size of the font? The default one is a tad too small for me.

EsoCat

Dec 1, 2017
On a different note, is there an option to increase the size of the font? The default one is a tad too small for me.

Fair point, I'll put it on the to-do list.

As a temporary solution:
Ctrl + Num+
Ctrl + Num-
This works.
But I'll add an interface to this into the game.
Do mind that you are futzing about with the size of things at your own peril.

Last edited: