Enemy Variation: What to look for as a new writer?

Ranie

Apr 3, 2018
I wanted to write a few basic enemy encounters for CoC2 and I recently read a post of Savin's saying that the Charmer PC class will have specialized tease combat. This got me wondering about enemy weaknesses. Y'know, similar to how flans in Final Fantasy games usually have a super high defense against physical attacks but are super weak to magic. Are enemies in CoC2 expected to have similar weaknesses, given the varied classes the PC could have? Like, most enemies are weak to being beaten to death while others are weak to being teased while others have high physical and lust defenses but are super weak to magic.

IIRC, most enemies in CoC could be beaten with either physical or lust combat, except certain enemies in dungeons like how you had to physically beat someone down before you could win via lust combat. But most random enemy encounters seemed to be equally weak to either one or the other.

What should writers look for in their enemy encounter submissions? Like, I recall that there's going to specifically be enemies that don't have sex scenes, but for the ones that do or can, would it be reasonable or a good idea to have variations -- like there's "Minotaur" and "Chaste Minotaur" and "Minotaur Mage" and the like. I'm not talking about how there were stronger enemies in CoC (e.g. "Minotaur" and "Minotaur Lord" etc.).

I would imagine that each variation would have its own separate victory scenes (because it sounds like it would be way too complicated to lump them together).

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
All enemies will have their own strengths, weaknesses, and special abilities. And yes, there can be enemy variations. For example, the harpy mod has Harpy Wingleaders, Harpy Thieves, and Harpy Enforcers. Arona's gang of orc amazons have different weapons and armor.