Emmy Quest Content Issue.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Given that she specifically asks you to call her Emmy, I'd say Emmy is her 'proper' name. 

Nooo, it's her nickname and favored name.   Her proper name  is Emmata. A. It's the one on all her legal documents and stuff.   Her nick's Emmy. And I'm pretty sure she'd be perfectly happy with it if ya know there wasn't such a slutpuppy craze and Ausuar weren't a bunch of bitches.  

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Nooo, it's her nickname and favored name.   Her proper name  is Emmata. A. It's the one on all her legal documents and stuff.   Her nick's Emmy. And I'm pretty sure she'd be perfectly happy with it if ya know there wasn't such a slutpuppy craze and Ausuar weren't a bunch of bitches.  

Different context with "proper". She doesn't want people to know her given name is Emmata, thus it's not just a nickname. Legal or not, if you misname someone you are going to offend them. If you can't respect someone you don't deserve their attention.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

It's like saying that a transgendered person would be okay with you calling them by their given name if it was gender-neutral. Maybe, maybe not, but at the moment calling her Emmata upsets her, so insisting on doing so after being informed about it should bump up one's asshole-meter. For all we know, she may be working on changing her legally recognized name right now.

Edit: I'd also beware the wrath of the Patron of Puppysluts for badmouthing them if I were you.

Last edited by a moderator:

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
It's like saying that a transgendered person would be okay with you calling them by their given name if it was gender-neutral. Maybe, maybe not, but at the moment calling her Emmata upsets her, so insisting on doing so after being informed about it should bump up one's asshole-meter. For all we know, she may be working on changing her legally recognized name right now.

Edit: I'd also beware the wrath of the Patron of Puppysluts for badmouthing them if I were you.

Who said anything about insisting on calling Emmy Emmata to her face? A nick is a nick and not  that type of personal name.  And Boss Savin is chill boss. 

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Sorry, should have recognized a purely nitpicking argument, because God knows I tend to start them a lot. For the most part, I was quite literal with my last statement. I tend to have the worst luck with even the chillest of bosses, both IRL and on-line, plus I'm a proud citizen of the Great Putinian Empire, so I live and lurk in constant fear of banhammer.