Elfs

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
So I have a question about the Wyld Elfs.. in winter city we have the Pale Elfs which iirc Hethia is and Elthara and Ryn are Cold Elfs right? Are there no Wyld Elfs like MC or the naked dancing Elfs in winter city? Or are Wyld Elfs nothing to do with them.. are Wyld Elfs to do with Hethias Wlyd trees?

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
All of the WInter City elves are Boreal or Pale elves: resistant to cold, tall and muscular. The schism between the old believers and the new Lumian faith was entirely religious, so both sides of it still are - and consider each other to be - boer'alvar.

Wyld Elves are an entirely separate subtype of elves that are native to the temperate woods of Old Belhar and its surroundings. A mix of High and Forest elves if you want to like them to elves in other settings, with some fey-like traits thrown in. Their Codex entry doesn't talk about the religious practices they had before adopting the Seven, but given that they have a strong connection to the forest and the spirits, it's quite possible that they worshipped one or several entities that are similar to the Old Wyld - if not the Old Wylds itself.

Reactions: Emily Smith

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
There are three types of elves (thus far) mentioned as existing in Savarra:

The most common are Wyld Elves, like the elf boi or the troupe in the Old Forest.

Boreal Elves (aka pale elves; boer'alvar) like Ryn and the other Winter City elves. They're a very small minority.

Dust Elves haven't appeared in-game at all, but they're mentioned as existing on the Jassira/Tronarii continent.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Dust elf? what are they like?
Quoth Lusamine:
"Back home, there's another type of elf! Honest to the gods, I'm not pulling your leg! They have black and grey skin like soot! One of them is actually really famous! Cossus the Conqueror! Rumor has it that he trained beneath Commander Leofric for ten years and actually was the one who told the lieutenant to try using a spear full-time! Those elves are kinda weird though — they don't have wyld marks like us. Kinda like that friend of yours, actually... just a different color and spotted all over. Not to mention they're actually a bit more masculine on average... but that might just be your friend, right?"

Reactions: Burnerbro
D

Dry Eye

Good question.

I don't think we have any half-elves of any stock, now that you mention it. So big shrug until somebody wants to write one.
Thanks, I saw the codex entry about them mating with other races and was just wondering. Although from a technical standpoint I can imagine it would be simpler if they don't, as the PC can be a wyld elf capable of having children that reach a maturity where the mark would normally manifest itself.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Thanks, I saw the codex entry about them mating with other races and was just wondering. Although from a technical standpoint I can imagine it would be simpler if they don't, as the PC can be a wyld elf capable of having children that reach a maturity where the mark would normally manifest itself.
Well, the PC doesn't produce halfbreeds of any race so that's not really a concern. It's just random happenstance that nobody's written a half-elf.

Maybe somebody'll do one up for Khor'minos or the zone right after. Or maybe we'll never see one! :B