Elements of Prestige OOC

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
As a place where mind and soul interject material reality, The Elemental Plane lies adjacent to worlds of fiends, freaks, and celestial beings galore, fair for the taking as slaves in the pursuit of prestige. The elemental beings of the plane, formally known as "Genasi," live and stake their claims as a proud race. Times are hard without a ruler, and as political bodies scramble to form a republic, self interested individuals may open their minds to hear for offered quests, forge alliances, or scrounge up the luxuries of the high life, either in cash, servants, or anything else.

So yep. You heard me. Do quests, run amok through other worlds looking for slaves, roll around in smut... totally doesn't sound familiar.

Playable Types of Genasi: Try to avoid choosing water and fire for now unless your heart is really set on it.

Water Genasi: Ancestors of the sea itself, these storm based beings are often stereotyped as the wisest of the Genasi. With smooth, sleek bodies, water Genasi make up for in mage skill what they lack in physical bulk.
Perks: Great swimmers, can great underwater
+Magic, Agility, -Physical

Air Genasi: Reminiscent of a tornado's eye, the windswept air Genasi are the swiftest of the subraces, and are surmounted only by the Earth Genasi in sheer strength. However, their flighty natures can make spellcasting a challenge.
+Agility, Physique, -Magic

Earth Genasi: As stony skinned elementals of tectonic strength, the Earth Genasi are slower, but it's a small price to pay for their killer physiques.
+Physique, Magic, -Agility

Fire Genasi: Though they're a happy medium between capabilities, the ambitious and warm bodied fire Genasi are no average joes. Through tact and training, these elementals can lap their betters just as well as anyone else.
Equal Physique, Agility, and Magic, give or take a few points

For your character, distribute 20 points throughout the following base stats:

PHY: 10 (Physique)

MAG: 10 (Magic ability)

AGI: 10 (Agility)

And for the character sheet:

Name:

Genasi Type:

Personality:

Appearance:

As for starting equipment, everyone begins the adventure in their own small home within the slums of the main city, Wimbourne, and starts with a weapon, backpack, and enchanted accessory of choice. You can replace your accessory with an animal companion, which we can work of the stats and abilities of, though the animal must be small than a breadbox.

I'll work out spells once we've got an entry or two. Happy roleplaying.

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I'd be interested... but I kinda wish I knew more about exactly what sorts of critters and such exist. Do they go to different planes to take slaves, or do they enslave one another?

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
i would be interested ... but i have some questions
are stats also influenced by the type or we chose stats and that is just an average of each type of Genasi
do we divide 20 between ,PHY ,Mag and AGI having 10 being the starting point on all or is it 0 ? also if 10 can you lower from that stat to give to another ?
are genisi humanoid shaped or can they have a less human-like form ?
and lastely can the animal be a small sized elemental and have human inteligence even if they don't actualy help with anything?

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
I would be interested but if you could give more details on what the others said before would be nice.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
On the outskirts of the elemental planes, out of the Genasi city of WImbourne that is, you'll be finding a lot of standard planetouched beings. That means anything from celestial Aasimar, to Tanar'ri demons, to Wispling halflings. A couple of the races are listed out here- http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Planetouched - although I'll probably be adding more creatures in if it seems like too short a list. I could steal another idea STRAIGHT out of Syncharion Ascendance and say that there are portals used to go to other worlds. I'll sort the naming out by the first post, but for a few ideas, there will be one dedicated to fey creatures, one for giants and goliaths, one for beast people, one for demons and monstrous humanoids, one for humans, and one for whatever else I come up with. If a Genasi consents to being the slave of another Genasi, it's fair play, but otherwise a big, illegal no no.

As for the stat question, you have a base of ten in each stat, but can add your 20 stat points to them depending on what you want your character to have. Your stats do have to align somewhat with your Genasi type, so an earth Genasi can't have a higher agility stat than its physique stat when starting off. Leveling is important too. Depending on the creatures you kill or enslave, you'll get exp.

For example, stats could look like this for a Water Genasi:

PHY: 10 + 5 = 15

MAG: 10 + 8 = 18

AGI: 10 + 7 = 17

A small elemental with human intelligence is fine. Genasi are humanoid in their base state, but can transform into elemental beings as a spell.

For example, a humanoid Genasi could like like this

sinsir__the_fire_genasi_by_mavrosh-d5gs3zj.jpg

...but in its elemental form, used in combat, it'll look something like this
230fireelemental.jpg

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Don't get me wrong. Syncharion Ascendance is the shit. This is just the bad bootleggy alternative for people who are too late to join. XD

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Name: Vudos
Genasi Type: Fire
Stats
PHY: 15 (Physique)
MAG: 20 (Magic ability)
AGI: 15 (Agility)

Personality: A cocky and ass-loving Genasi, Vudos is fond of sunbathing and utilizing his magic as one would expect. He's not fond of getting dominated, but otherwise is a proud and active sex pursuer! This lustful enjoyment of the many forms of sex thankfully leaves him neutral to many desires beyond that of flesh, meaning he's content to live in a cave so long as he has someone to fuck around with!

Appearance: 5'7", red skinned male with a slim, smooth frame. His hair is kept back and up in a ponytail, going down to his shoulders. His face is on the masculine side of androgynous. His clothing is a bandage-wrapping that covers his lower torso and leaves his chest bare, with knee-length shorts and sandals.

Starting Equipment
+ A 3-foot long staff with a fist-sized ruby orb atop it.
+ Waist-worn backpack
+ A forearm-sized slimy salamander imbued with basic intelligence to carry out conversation with Vudos alone.

Last edited:

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Good stuff! Although Dracomic did show me his sheet first, and called dibs on a staff. Besides that, you're golden.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
We can't have the same kind of weapons?

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
You'd both be staff wielding, animal accompanied, magic based water Genasi is all I'm saying, but dracomic offered to change his weapon so it's fine.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
:/ sorry if it looks like i'm copying you ,i swear i didn't know anything about your character while i was making mine

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
It's all fine, guys. It's on me for not mentioning dracomic's character.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
If I need to, I guess my guy can be a fire elemental? I didn't think it'd be a problem to be the same kinds/archetypes

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
I'll be honest. I'd like the diversity, though no pressure if your heart is set on water. I'm stepping out for lunch, expect a first post later tonight.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Made edits to him, I guess.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Name: Sirah Rudges
Gender: Female (but she may use her magic to change to be fully male if she so wishes)
Genasi Type: Water
Personality: deceitful and lustful but kind
Appearance: (she have changed her appearance so many times using her magic she don't even know what her original form looked like) but she mostly take the form of a young girl,5'4" feets tall, seemingly innocent young girl with long hair to lure others and remove any suspicion http://gelbooru.com//images/42/ba/42ba46c3521e373b1f1676b429ceafb2.jpeg

PHY: 14
MAG: 22
AGI: 14

Starting Equipment: a random piece of wood that she use as a club and a backpack
animal companion: small ice elemental dog named Xamto, Sirah found him in the slums all beat up and alone with no one to take care of him so she toke good care of him with the time they became good friends with a colorful relationship as Xamto proved to be just as lustful as her ,his cock is rather big for his small frame but outside of that he is too small and too weak to be of any actual use in a fight http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111123482/3668105-9081755515-ice_e.jpg

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Time to get these spells in order. You'll unlock more as you level up, or you can buy them at spell shops with the currency of "tabs." Leveling and experience is another bridge that we'll cross when we come to it.

Water

- Bout of Water (Shoot a pressurized blast of water. Can be used in an attempt to grapple enemies.)
- Minor Illusion (Create a minor illusion. It can't move, nor produce any sensory stimuli.)
- Illusion (Create an illusion that's without the constraints of a minor one, but must roll for success.)
- Soul Bind (Bind a humanoid creature to serve you. Creature must be consenting.)
- Lesser Soul Bind (Bind a non humanoid or non sentient creature to serve you. Creature doesn't have to be consenting, but must be incapacitated)
- Alter Appearance (The looser bound forms of a water Genasi may alter their body shape, face, and genitals at will, but only for so long without inducing permanent changes on their original form)

Air

- Forceful Gust (Send a gust of air into your foe, pushing them back and dealing damage.)
- Minor Illusion
- Illusion
- Soul Bind
- Lesser Soul Bind
- Artful Dodger (The swifter air Genasi have a 20% chance to dodge any oncoming physical attack by dissipating briefly.)

Earth

- Stone's Throw (Summon a stone to your fists, and then expel it at your target, briefly stunning them if it hits.)
- Minor Illusion
- Illusion
- Soul Bind
- Lesser Soul Bind
- Stonewall (After a fight, your body will slowly begin repairing itself, and your tough skin functions as natural, although weak armor.)

Fire

- Sparking Embers (Throw a fireball at your foe, dealing gradual burn damage as the fight goes on.)
- Minor Illusion
- Illusion
- Soul Bind
- Lesser Soul Bind
- Flames of Passion (You can turn up the heat of your warm body, creating an aura of lust that gradually arouses those nearby.)

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
I just accepted another dude along with you, but I'm feeling pretty crazy, so lay a character sheet on me!

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
You and rabbits! Rabbit puns everywhere! You get a rabbit pun! You get a rabbit pun! Everybody gets a rabbit pun!

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
The best part is I didn't even mean to XD I guess I do have rabbits on the brain.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Hmm... I do love when things are done for funsies... We'll say that Water Genasi get the most leniency for changing their body and face shape, as well as genitals, while everyone else can only grow/lose a few inches at will, and soften or harden their facial features somewhat, at least within the planetouched realm. Once you enter the shifting pool into any of the other worlds, you can reflect the appearance of a native race of your choosing, though you're still the same underneath. I could add some shapeshifting spells for sale in magic shops too.