Effect of the Nova decision?

Hurshana

Dec 3, 2015
I've never noticed before, but does it matter which option you pick regarding the Nova crew? Or is it purely for the morality meter?

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Mostly morality

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
It's one of some of Savin's characters that you can kill/ruin. I'm starting to think he has a hard bad-end planned if you beat the game and do that too many times.

Reactions: Xanfaus

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
It's one of some of Savin's characters that you can kill/ruin. I'm starting to think he has a hard bad-end planned if you beat the game and do that too many times.

At the end of the game, just before you are sworn in as Steele Tech's new C.E.O., an INTERPOL team comes in and arrests you and takes you to the Space Hague for crimes against humanity.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
At the end of the game, just before you are sworn in as Steele Tech's new C.E.O., an INTERPOL team comes in and arrests you and takes you to the Space Hague for crimes against humanity.
I honestly don't know if that's sarcasm or not. I mean, I guess it makes sense if it does happen.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Of course, before they can bundle you into the Space Paddy Wagon, Captain Steele jumps into the new version of the Casstech and speeds off into the unknown with a couple of their puppy harem, right?

Or is it a case of Steele hopping into the Casstech, guns the ignition and it fails to launch, having finally given up the ghost?

Reactions: ShySquare

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
I'm almost certain that by then Steele will essentially be a well-equipped, well-trained army all on their own. It would be a kick in the teeth of any player if they were locked up by a team of run-of-the-mill agents, leaving a bad taste in the mouths of players about the game's ending, and resulting in quite a lot of players being dissatisfied with their efforts on finally completing the game.

"Just don't be an asshole then" is not a recommended response just in case anyone wants to throw that. The point of a game is to escape reality in exchange for fun and/or a different experience than what real life would bring. A choice of owning up or continuing down a dark path, no matter how morally questionable the player is in said game.

I'm not saying there should be no consequences, just that the game shouldn't inherently punish you for making questionable choices with absolutely no way around them.

I would accept such an ending if the player did the bad choices but ended the game with a nice personality, resulting in Steele being trusting of the people around them and not bringing any sort of backup just in case the ceremony goes bad. It does go bad, because someone reported them or something. Them having nothing on them leaves them with no choice but to be arrested. If the player ended as mischievous or hard then they'd not be as trusting and would have some sort of escape route and one weapon that they'd use on the small team blocking their escape. If they lose they will be arrested but if they win then they'd escape and live out the rest of their lives as a wanted criminal instead of the CEO.

Last edited:

Xarit

Feb 19, 2019
just from the wiki:

-the robots that are scattered in one of the rooms of Dec 13 may have a later use in the story (this is just implied not confirmed i guess)
-it seems interacting with the Shields on the nova will have an effect on the fate of Aurora (the bat girl that sells some gadgets in the town) during the Stellar Tether storyline

personally i havent taken the other options for the end of this sidemission, i always end asking Anno about what she thinks of the Nova dilemma and choose to help the crew. in fact, helping Nova is the only way to get/unlock the Gray Goo Armor so that's another effect for the list.

the mission doesnt really have much weight on what happens on Tarkus, the "wild" variant of the Gray Goo doesnt disappear or anything but you can interact with it to get charges for your Gray Goozoka. and i think you can bypass combat on the first encounter by having the Gray Goo suit during the Tarkus expedition with Azra.

Reactions: Konstantin