Easter Egg: Fated Name

xenoscene

Jul 1, 2016
I'm pretty excited right now because I just found a cool easter egg in the game! I'm not sure if it's known or not, but here it is just in case.

I had just completed making a new character when this message appeared:

fatedname1.JPG

I don't want to say what name it is since that would just ruin the fun. There might even be multiple names that trigger this effect. If you click 'Deny Fate', you can play through the game regularly without any changes to your character. If you click 'Accept Fate', however, changes will be made to your character's appearance. These changes seemed to be random at first, but I've got the same ones a few times, so I'm not sure exactly how they're determined. I managed to get pointy teeth once, but I didn't screenshot them.

fatedname4.JPGfatedname5.JPGfatedname2.JPGfatedname3.JPG

I'm currently doing a playthrough where I clicked 'Deny Fate' because I liked the name for a character I had in mind, but if anyone is interested, would be happy to do an 'Accept Fate' playthrough and post the results! 

Also, if anyone else has encountered this i would be very excited to hear about it!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Krynh

Yeah It's a special reward for the Offbeatr backers (or Something before that?) . Each fated name gets a special set as requested by the backer. You can't share the names on the forums but it's not hard to find them :)  

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
There are no game effects from fated names aside of pre-made character body.

EleniaFox

Feb 11, 2016
What you stumbled upon is one of the backer names from the offbeatr, we're not supposed to share them.

xenoscene

Jul 1, 2016
Cool! I wasn't planning to share it, since I know we're not allowed to share cheats. I'm glad to know what it's from though. Thank you!

Zavos

May 7, 2016
We're allowed to share the furfag cheat.

If you are up for a lil datamining, you can find the other backer names without too much effort by searching one of the ones you found in github.  

You could also probably find the other V-KO cheats without too much effort either.  Just keep in mind, they're for testing purposes.  Don't use any other then the xp one if you don't want to screw up your save.  

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Or you could just...you know...read the code and stuff...if you didn't know any of the names, or that they were called names of destiny ?. It's pretty interesting stepping through the code though.

Wait, is data mining the same as stepping through the code? Bah, I'm so dumb at this.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
One of the people in the last thread about this shared their name so you can use that one, at least.

K

Krynh

Or you could just...you know...read the code and stuff...if you didn't know any of the names, or that they were called names of destiny ?. It's pretty interesting stepping through the code though.

Wait, is data mining the same as stepping through the code? Bah, I'm so dumb at this.

Data mining is going through the code, but it's usually a more complicated process seeing as you have to extract the filess and search through all the raw data to find what you want.. Whereas with TiTS you can search for it on git :)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
...Or just, you know, use FlashDevelop.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah I used something that separated the code into the classes and functions and just went from function call to function call. It's pretty interesting. They create each button and say which function it will call and which body of text to display. Very simple.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
How does one view TiTs in flash develop? Its not recognizing the files, at least the ones from the download.