E3 General Discussion

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Delve into the darkest depths of the human mind as you fight tooth and nail in "Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice".

Then take the term "gravity defying" to a whole new level in "Lawbreakers" !

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Big news on Monster Hunter: World!

Apparently, for the first time ever, both Japanese and Western hunters will be able to venture forth and conquer the wilds together!

The game will also be getting a Xbox One and PC release, so no matter how you get your fix, everyone will be able to join the hunt!

But the big question is: What about the Felynes? They are strangely absent from all promotional material thus far. Lets hope our clawed compadres' will have as big a role as they did in Generations.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueRaverFox

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Would have like to hear anything of Bloodbourne 2, The Last of Us 2 or FFVII remake. Too much focus on VR in my opinion.

The biggest surprise was Shadow of the Colossus for me. Never got to play it originally, so I'm looking forward to it.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Oh, and of course, let's not forget Paid Mods 2.0

Because it was so well-received the first time. Nickel and dime me, I think not... All that makes me do is want to pirate everything you do. In fact, I probably should go refund my recently purchased copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Reactions: RanmaChan

Dragonspiderkitsune

Sep 27, 2016
www.pixiv.net
One surprising gem out of E3 for me was Phoenix Point, a spiritual successor to X-COM made by the guy who came up with the original game. Even though I'm not a X-COM fan I'm really intrigued by the setting of this one. I'm pretty hyped for it after reading some of the stories they got on their website. If the game is half as good as those short stories then it will be awesome.

http://www.phoenixpoint.info/stories/

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
It's Nintendo's turn to take the stage, and they're starting off strong with
Metroid: Samus Returns!

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
And now, what you'd probably get if Mass Effect, Bloodborne, and Twilight had a crazy threesome; Vampyr!

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Here's something interesting:
Beyond Good and Evil 2. According to Google, the original was a bit of a cult classic. Plus it's got anthros!

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Beyond Good and Evil 2. According to Google, the original was a bit of a cult classic. Plus it's got anthros!
I'd say Beyond Good and Evil 2 is the only E3 announcement I am interested in alongside the "core RPG" Pokémon game for Switch. Now...
a) I want to think BY&E2 may be more popular than the first game. Some years ago, when forum regulars were happy for the KH3 announcement, I was one of the two people around who happened to be more interested in a Nier sequel.
If it flops, I want to think we might be able to purchase it alongside cheese again (see https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/get-beyond-good-evil-free-withcheese/1100-946/).

b) "Anthro" doesn't mean "humanoid animal" but "related to humanity".

Counter Blast

Mar 7, 2017
Hey, so I am new on the forum, but i have been playing TiTS and CoC, as well as FoE for about a year and a half. I saw that the level cap has been increased from 8 to 10 in TiTS. I have been trying to level up, but every battle tells me to level up in order to progress, but the icon isn't clickable. Am I doing something wrong? I am playing in browser BTW.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Considering that this is a general discussion thread about E3, you must be REALLY new to the forums.
You may want to go and post this in the TiTS section of the forums, you will get answers there.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
New info on XCOM 2: War of the Chosen! We finally get to take control of the aliens! Hype!!!

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Finally this farce has ended. The corporate hype-machine has officially ended, ladies, gentlemen and everyone in-between! Now is the time for that creeping sensation to set in, the one you all feel when all this crap is over, that unsettling feeling of doubt. Of doubt and potential disappointment. You will soon realize that half the games on display are likely to disappoint in a major way, and yet you will never learn to not hype the shit out of the latest bullshotted, unrepresentive trailers and showfloor demos.

That is all, let the seeds of doubt plant themselves right into your wallet.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Sure everyone remembers the over-hyped game of No Man's Sky, which got major attention at previous E3's. Sufficient to say everyone learned from it, hell steam implemented a new poly that developers NEED to put up video's of actual current game content and not vid's of what amounts to scripted scenes that will never be in the game and content in the game that doesn't exist or never will exist.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Star Citizen is still getting funding. People didn't learn a damn thing.

True, but who know what will happen with that game. I'm a backer for it but that was way back before they even had a client to play with. A lot of things have changed, a lot of what they wanted to do for the game isn't possible or is very hard to do. One can only hope that the game will actually be good and deliver what people expect. Not holding my breath though on that.