Dynamic Avatar Drawing Tool (Character Viewer)

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
Man since I last checked out this project on TFGames you have made insane progress. Things are looking better and better. Good work. :)

Penumbra

Feb 25, 2016
I meant the .js code which you may find here: http://johnsonzhong.me/DAD/da.js

That's mostly for game developers wishing to embed the avatar drawer into their own games.
Users engage with the project mostly through the tester and other games (It's possible to import characters you create into other games, at least if the developers set it up properly) 

Since there seems to be some interest on this project in this forum, I'll post a dump of all the new features added since 1.4:

1.5 - 1.7 The way you can use patterns has been greatly improved; now you just need to supply the URL or local link to load a picture as a pattern.

1.8 Shading's been added to add volume: http://johnsonzhong.me/DAD/release/2016/09/14/1.8.shading.html 

bj9xbvg.gif

1.9 feet modifiers and footwear

ca3426Q.gif

1.10 interactive clothing and parts generation (you can modify the parts you create and see the changes in real time)

XTgsO5w.gif

1.11 item system (positioned relative to body or absolutely, but shaping doesn't change with body dimensions)

zfdXPBW.gif

Kohgir

Oct 12, 2015
That's mostly for game developers wishing to embed the avatar drawer into their own games.
Users engage with the project mostly through the tester and other games (It's possible to import characters you create into other games, at least if the developers set it up properly) 

Since there seems to be some interest on this project in this forum, I'll post a dump of all the new features added since 1.4:

1.5 - 1.7 The way you can use patterns has been greatly improved; now you just need to supply the URL or local link to load a picture as a pattern.

1.8 Shading's been added to add volume: http://johnsonzhong.me/DAD/release/2016/09/14/1.8.shading.html 

bj9xbvg.gif

1.9 feet modifiers and footwear

ca3426Q.gif

1.10 interactive clothing and parts generation (you can modify the parts you create and see the changes in real time)

XTgsO5w.gif

1.11 item system (positioned relative to body or absolutely, but shaping doesn't change with body dimensions)

zfdXPBW.gif

Now, how difficult would it be to make attachable external client for this? Additional window, I am no programmer and I just know html well enough to play with it, but I have seen trainers made for java games in form of attachment, please tell me it's possible, it would make so much for immersion and in fact for both TiTS and CoC...

Penumbra

Feb 25, 2016
Now, how difficult would it be to make attachable external client for this? Additional window, I am no programmer and I just know html well enough to play with it, but I have seen trainers made for java games in form of attachment, please tell me it's possible, it would make so much for immersion and in fact for both TiTS and CoC...

What do you mean by attachable external client? If you mean if it's possible to visualize your TiTS and CoC characters using it in an integrated manner (either on the same window or as an additional window) then yeah, it's designed for that (well not for TiTS and CoC in particular, but RPG systems in general).

Somebody just has to write some interface code to map the game's statistics to body dimensions (which there's a guide and is designed to be easy to do, for someone who knows their own statistics system well).
I don't know enough of TiTS and CoC's statistics system to do a good job of this, so I'd prefer if someone on their team does this.

Fenoxo apparently has no interest in incorporating a character viewer (despite the promise of one in the kickstarter) through my PMs with him.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
TiTS and CoC character viewer projects tend to have a cursed track record. So it might be a good thing for you in the long run not to make this a TiTS specific thing anyways. Escape the jinx.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
It isn't a TiTS specific thing

I know. I'm just saying that's probably a good thing for it/ a reason why in a strange way, Fen not being interested may actually be for the best. Lol when it comes to character viewer projects Fen's games are a bit cursed...

Tainted-Alice

Nov 20, 2015
I know. I'm just saying that's probably a good thing for it/ a reason why in a strange way, Fen not being interested may actually be for the best. Lol when it comes to character viewer projects Fen's games are a bit cursed...

So true sad but true ? and the last one for CoC was going so well x(

This is really cool but I'm guessing it's computer only?

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I very much prefered the first CoC character viewer than the second one. The viewer that person was working at looked so promising, but alas...

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I didn't even realize there was more than one, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anonynn

Feb 2, 2017
Hi! I've been wanting to make a character viewer for my game, "Apocamorphosis" but I have no idea how to begin going about doing that. Would it be possible for you to give me some tips or pointers? I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm drawing by hand on paper in case you needed to know.

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
Wow you have done such great progress since last time i checked your thread in TFG.

Well done :)