Duplication Glitch

NotsoHornygal

Jan 31, 2023
So I interreact with my ship inventory if I take something out it will duplicate the last item list, it ranges to 2 to 10 times amount of them.
Before.PNGAfter.PNG
My ship will kept getting filed up with these items.

AmanitaVerna

Nov 17, 2022
I'm not sure what is causing this to happen, but I've experienced this several times as well. Just last night, after updating to the latest version, I tried to move some things in and out of storage (mostly clothing) and couldn't because I had somehow gone from 15 out of 20 inventory slots used to 80 inventory slots used, and had to trash over 300 large glowing eggs and over 300 healing poultices. A month or two ago they had also duplicated themselves, along with a bunch of other stackable items in my storage, and for some reason the venus pitcher blooms (which aren't even stackable). That time, the item amounts were one thing when I saved on a previous version, and something completely different when I loaded on the then-new version.

I think this started when the storage/inventory space usage started being calculated differently a few versions ago.

NotsoHornygal

Jan 31, 2023
300?! Jeez that take alot of time to sort that out and be able to move the ship again
I'm not sure what is causing this to happen, but I've experienced this several times as well. Just last night, after updating to the latest version, I tried to move some things in and out of storage (mostly clothing) and couldn't because I had somehow gone from 15 out of 20 inventory slots used to 80 inventory slots used, and had to trash over 300 large glowing eggs and over 300 healing poultices. A month or two ago they had also duplicated themselves, along with a bunch of other stackable items in my storage, and for some reason the venus pitcher blooms (which aren't even stackable). That time, the item amounts were one thing when I saved on a previous version, and something completely different when I loaded on the then-new version.

I think this started when the storage/inventory space usage started being calculated differently a few versions ago.

NotsoHornygal

Jan 31, 2023
Can you describe how you duped in more detail? This happened to me only once, and I'm not sure how this happened to begin with.
It's kinda happen like 1/6 chances when I took anything out of the ship inventory and then when back to see it filed itself with that item I initially said.
Maybe my particular browser just create this bug in this game for some forsaken reason

QuedzaDrake

Sep 8, 2017
managed to find one way to trigger this bug

by "Inspect" any item with the storage open dupes "the items"

"the items" in question were:
in my inventory:
breeder's bliss x30 to x50
pherologne x20 to x30
huge cum bubble x5 to x9
savicite cockring x2 to x3
in my storage:
ramshackle power armor* x2 to x3
pherologne x300 to x590
galomax pill x70 to x130
opal ring x13 to x25
geddanium ring x13 to x25
urtanium ring x13 to x25

while i managed to do this consistently i have no clue as to why those were the duped items
also tested this with Healing Poultice and Eros Gas Grenade and they were duped
thought for moment it had to do with cheating those items and after getting some normally they still were duped

*this made me curious tried taking one of them out and apparently items can only be duped if there are more than 1 of them

Reactions: Theron

QuedzaDrake

Sep 8, 2017
I FIGURED OUT
at least i think...
anyway the thing that makes the items get duped is being above one stack of that item
example: Ausar Treat
Ausar Treat x9 doesnt trigger it
Ausar Treat x10 doesnt trigger it
Ausar Treat x11 triggers it and goes to x12
Ausar Treat x20 triggers it and goes to x30

edit: sorry @lowercase_donkey in pinging wasnt necessary but was worried you wouldnt see this

Last edited:

Sharpy796

Jul 28, 2023
I FIGURED OUT
at least i think...
anyway the thing that makes the items get duped is being above one stack of that item
example: Ausar Treat
Ausar Treat x9 doesnt trigger it
Ausar Treat x10 doesnt trigger it
Ausar Treat x11 triggers it and goes to x12
Ausar Treat x20 triggers it and goes to x30

edit: sorry @lowercase_donkey in pinging wasnt necessary but was worried you wouldnt see this
I ran into this same exact bug on the mobile version (0.9.067-PUBLIC-ANDROID#3772) (I'm not sure if this is the JavaScript version, please let me know if it is). I managed to figure out how to replicate it consistently:

I open up my ship's storage, which has x150 Power Potions and x150 Focus Pills inside. Everything else is in a single stack or less.
My inventory at the time also has x11 Focus Pills and x20 Power Potions.

I press "Inspect" on any item, and the items all duplicate, minus a single stack of them:
  • x150 Storage Power Potions adds +140 (x150-10) of them.
  • x150 Storage Focus Pills adds +140 (x150-10) of them.
  • x20 Inventory Power Potions adds +10 (x20-10) of them.
  • x11 Inventory Focus Pills adds +1 (x11-10) of them.

If you "Inspect" any of your items in this way multiple times without clicking "Accept," it will continue to add the above numbers. For example, if you have x11 Focus Pills, then click "Inspect" to add +1 (for a total of x12), clicking "Inspect" again won't add +2 (x12-10), only +1.

However, you can exponentially duplicate your items by clicking "Accept" every time you finish "Inspect"ing an item. In my testing, I had the exact same scenario as above:
  • x150 Storage Power Potions
  • x150 Storage Focus Pills
  • x20 Inventory Power Potions
  • x11 Inventory Focus Pills

I then click "Inspect," duplicating the items:
  • x150 +140 Storage Power Potions (total x290)
  • x150 +140 Storage Focus Pills (total x290)
  • x20 +10 Inventory Power Potions (total x30)
  • x11 +1 Inventory Focus Pills (total x12)

Then I click "Accept" to close the storage, reopen the storage, then "Inspect" another item, resulting in:
  • x290 +280 Storage Power Potions (total x570)
  • x290 +280 Storage Focus Pills (total x570)
  • x30 +20 Inventory Power Potions (total x50)
  • x12 +2 Inventory Focus Pills (total x14)

I managed to get up to x35850 of both Power Potions and Focus Pills in my ship's storage before the game crashed, giving me the attached error message. I've also attached a screenshot of my attempt to crash the game, with the final total of the duplicated items in my inventory before I clicked "Accept" and the game crashed. Every time I duplicated the items, the game got significantly slower when I opened the ship's storage.

A few additional things to note:
  • I've confirmed that this does indeed also work with Ausar and Huskar Treats in the same way as the above items.
  • It also works with Fishing Rods, which have a stack of 10.
  • It also works with Climbing Kits, which have a stack of only 1; I bought 2 of them, and managed to duplicate them in the same manner as above ("Inspect"ing added +1; then after clicking "Accept" and reopening storage, "Inspect"ing again added +2, etc.).
  • Theoretically, this would work with anything that you have more than a single stack of.
  • This doesn't work in your regular inventory; this only works if you're in your ship's storage.

I hope this helps clear this up! I have no idea why this could be happening, but hopefully someone who knows more about the code inside the game might.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230728_125546_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728_125546_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230728_125615_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728_125615_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230728_125621_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728_125621_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    766.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230728_125626_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728_125626_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg