Dukes & Dildos [0.47 - 6/27/21]

sara04

Dec 29, 2020
Hi this is my first attempt at a game. It's inspired by a few different sources. First off, it has a RPG rules engine including battles based of D&D. Next, it has some elements loosely in common with a Dance With Rouges (Module for Neverwinter Nights), and I'm also trying to setup some Game of Thrones esc politics.

If all that sounds pretty ambitious for my first game, well it is. The way I'm trying to do it is to pay attention to user feedback. I have surveys setup that I rotate every 5 version of the game or so to tell me what paths you wanted expanded and what you want to see. That way I can actually tell the story you guys and gals want to play as opposed to just whatever strikes my fancy, though I will do some of that too.

It's currently about 379,000 words. For comparison, if it were a single straight novel it would be longer than the entire Narnia Series at this point. However, since it is broken up in many different paths you can finish a single path a lot quicker than that. It also has about 3160 different options for you to choose from so there should be lots of ability to replay and try different things. Finally it currently has 32 distinct spots that are temporary endings that I intend to expand upon eventually. There are also a handful of real game overs that don't have any planned follow ups.

Parings included in the game right now:
MC is Female: M/F, F/F, M/M (you watch), Monster/F
MC is Male: M/F, M/M, Monster/M

Some fetishes the game covers: Anal Sex, BDSM, Creampie, Lesbian, Male Dom, Mind Control, Monster Sex, Oral Sex, NonConsent, Sex Toys, Vaginal Sex, Pregnancy, Corruption

Here is version 0.47:

Oh if you ever feel stuck and it doesn't say you're at an ending you aren't at an ending. Just keep looking remember you are sometimes at the mercy of dice rolls under the covers and may not get what you need the first time entering a room.

v0.47 -
  • Story: Add King's Court Day 1
  • Story: Add Independent Wizard Day 1
  • Enhancement: Prevent leaving hubs without clothing
  • Enhancement: Add Sex Data Tracking

v0.46 -
  • Story: Add initial Dungeon 5 expansion
  • Story: Remove ending from Dungeon 5
  • Story: Add First part of countess/client path
  • Story: Add ability to have Essa as a companion
  • Bug: Fix bug if you buy out the armorer
- Event: Add countess lesson 1 event
- Event: Add client sub BJ
v0.45 -
  • New Survey
  • Story: Added Quest 4
  • Story: Added beast options to Revenholm encounter
  • Story: Added countess escape path
  • Enhancement: Allow pick up from storage even if player already has an item in the same slot
  • Enhancement: Start of Good/Evil and Chaotic/Lawful scales (currently only one evil act, will add more)
v0.44 -
  • Story: Add Harem Day 8 to King's Court path
  • Story: Add Wizard Apprentice Demon Day 4
  • Story: Add ability to get drunk at Ravensholm tavern
  • Bug: Fix bug in wizard path quest 3 not completing
  • Bug: Fix bug getting to independent wizard
  • Bug: Fix selling full bags
  • Bug: Fix issues with chest binder and male sex scene
  • Enhancement: Add Quest Items
  • Various typos fixes
v0.43 -
  • Enhancement: Add Battle Difficulty levels
  • Story: Add Day 6 & 7 to Harem Path
  • Story: Add Demon Day 3
  • Bug: Fix unequip ring bug
  • Bug: Fix unable to start quest 3
v0.42 -
  • Bug: Fix issues with forest after code update
  • Bug: Fix a few typos including "sweat" instead of "sweet" several places
  • Story: Added harem day 5 (non-countess)
v0.41 -
  • Story: Complete Day 7 for Countess Corruption Path
  • Story: Add Pregnancy 1 and 2 for Demon Breeder Path
v0.40 -
  • Enhancement: Prevent inventory access during battle
  • Enhancement: Allow use of items from inventory between battles
  • Enhancement: Party management screen with ability to heal allies
  • Enhancement: Fix back button in Inventory, Party Management, and Character Screen to work correctly
  • Enhancement: Warn before going on a mission with out bag, armor, and weapon
  • Enhancement: Ensure player has a place for item before selling it to them
  • Enhancement: Greatly simplify code
  • Story: Add discovery of Nam's turn undead talent
  • Story: Add companion reaction if player chooses to loot the temple
  • Story: Add event for Client Sub Path with artifact
  • Story: Add start of relationship with Nam for Client Sub path
  • Story: Add Quest 3 for all Hub paths
  • Bug: Fence variables
  • Bug: Fix Ch2 shops after save
  • Bug: Correctly fail maid1 quest
v0.39 -
New Content:
  • Some Countess Day 8 -> Kings Court Path (Some of the countess path still stops at Day 7)
  • Kings Court Day 1 Content
  • New Event Framework - Currently only one event in Elena's Bitch Path between quest 1 and quest 2
Bug Fixes:
  • Add ability to send items straight to storage from inventory when in hub
  • Quest 2 - Fixed it so grabbing artifact can only be done once
  • Quest 2 - Fixed bug in encounter on way to Revensholm
  • Exempt rings from safe place check. You can now put them on and remove them at any time
  • Fixed issue when dropping items that stack (like health potions)
  • Maid Path - Fixed a random "undefined" showing up
  • Fixed typo on Fence screen after declining the job
  • Abyssal Plane - Fixed waitress bug
v0.38 - Fixed a bug in the card game with the countess, added initial abyssal plane content, plus added more content to the demon sub path of the wizard's apprentice path
v0.37 - Added a dice game to the tavern (there are future plans here, they are just low priority) plus added Day 7 to the Duke Sex Slave subpath with the countess
v0.36 - Added Day 6 to the Duke Sex Slave subpath with the countess
v0.35 - New way to build the story + lots of spelling fixes + new content for the guard path up to day 3
v0.34 - Lots of changes. Added 2nd quest of chapter 2, companions, major overhaul of the battle system to add companions + thrown vials + used items + status effects
v0.33 - Fixed some typos + expanded the Demon Preg path to it's conclusions + added ability to disable miscarriage type content .
v0.32.1 - Fixed a bug with the hubs when they allowed level up and disallowed other functions on enter.
v0.32 - Fixed a Firefox bug with the forest wolf and toadstool gathering + start of chapter 2 there is a whole new quest to get something from a wizard's tower for people with the Duke, Elena, Your Original Client, The Count Wizard, or The Old Woman as quest givers
v0.31 - Added more to the wizard path up to chapter 2 for all non-demon paths
v0.30 - Added new card game in Tavern and on countess corruption path
v0.29 - Various fixes + Expanded Maid Paths till Chapter 2
v0.28.1 - Fix small bug in decline job path
v0.28 - Added history to side bar + extended decline the job and Duke Theif job paths to their future hub + small extension to Duke Sex Slave path
v0.27 - Expanded the Elena's bitch path with optional beast content
v0.26 - Added trigger warning + Expanded the Duke Sex Slave Path + Made the wizard forest gathering easier
v0.25 - Expanded the Demon Pet path
v0.24 - Expanded the Guard Paths by most of a day
v0.23 - Expanded Maid & Wizard Pet Paths
v0.22 - Added an FtM route for the guard path + expanded the Duke Apprentice path
v0.21 - Added more to the Duke sex slave path
v0.20 - Added more to the Elena's bitch path
v0.19 - Fixed a bunch of spelling errors across the whole game + consolidated some dungeon paths
v0.18 - More typo fixes + Removed Duke Harem Won Path (it only leads to the dungeon now) + extended some of the harem paths and merge them as appropriate
v0.17 - Fixed some typos + Expanded Demon Pet Path + Expanded Wizard Pet Path
v0.16 - Fixed some typos + The forth day for the Maid Path
v0.15 - Expanded Wizard Apprentice path
v0.14 - More save fixes + The first night of the Guard Path
v0.13 - Various bug fixes + The second and third day for the Maid Path
v0.12 - More save fixes + The second day of Duke Sex Slave Path
v0.11 - Fixed save load bug
v0.10 - Initial Release

-Sara

Last edited:

sara04

Dec 29, 2020
At the moment there is: M/F and F/F. I have plans for M/M in the future.

Fetish wise there currently is: BDSM, NonConsent, Mind Control, Tentacles, MtF magical disguise, and probably a few others I am forgetting at the moment.

sara04

Dec 29, 2020
I've just put up 0.23. I have good new and bad news.

The good news is that I've expanded the maid & wizard pet paths. The bad news I've ended some of the maid paths. The path where you were just being a pretty boring maid and the path where you romance Nam (but not the path where you are her sub) will direct you to complete the dildo quest.

So that brings up something I want to do, but had thought would be later. I want this to be someone collaborative and for people to not feel railroaded by the decisions I've made for the character. So if you have a good, in character, response to a certain page that I didn't include I would like to know about it. For example, if you have a reason that your character would actually want to stay as a maid instead of stealing the thing he or she is about to get paid a lot of money for, then I would like to know what that is. I will collect them and add them to a future version of the end game survey to let all the players vote on what gets included.

-Sara

sara04

Dec 29, 2020
Hey I'm sorry to keep bumping my own thread. I'm taking one last shot at promoting this here. If there is interest cool. Otherwise I will let this thread lie. So if you like this and want me to keep you up to date here please reply so I know I'm not just talking into the void...

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Frankly, I don't have enough information in this thread to even gauge if it's *worth* clicking your link, and not just because the 'plans for M/M' probably haven't come to anything yet. To be blunt, there's just not very much information about your game in this thread. If you want to drum up interest, you need to sell your game; be as informative as you can. The OP should have a full list of pairings and fetishes, a basic synopsis of the story that you're telling, and should tell us what sort of gameplay your game has. Is it a VN? Is it puzzle based? Is it combat? Is it combat-by-sex? Do you have rape-on-loss? Is it a dungeon crawler? Etc. etc.

This forum is inundated constantly by sex games that may as well have been made by the same fucking bot, they're so boring and generic. What separates your game from the herd? If you know the answer right off the bat, it needs to be in your OP. If you *don't* know the answer, it's time to go back to the drawing board.

If you don't go to a fair amount of effort to sell your game in the OP, you shouldn't be surprised if people skip over it... or worse, assume that that reflects your work ethic on the game itself. This also extends to posts about patches. Although it isn't strictly necessary, you'd be surprised how much more interest you'll get if your patch notes are professional looking. I recommend using bullet points, but at the minimum, a complete list of changes and additions will do you a lot of good. Also, the most successful threads on here update the OP with each patch as well as making a post specifically about the patch itself. You could do worse than to emulate them.

Reactions: Jash

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Yeah, if you don't try to sell us on your game (even if it's free; "sell" is about interest, not money), we won't buy it (again, metaphorically; it won't catch our interest). You can't just say "whoOooOOoO, I'm making a game, aren't you curious to know what it's about...?" because the answer is "...uh, no". If it wasn't for the patch notes mentioning some characters out of context and a mention of "MtF magical disguise" in the fetish list, we wouldn't even be able to work out that it's a fantasy game (merely including "D&D-style mechanics" doesn't guarantee that). You've told us nothing about your game- so maybe now you can tell us why you expected us to give a damn? Let the thread lie if you like, but I'm sorry to say that you didn't put much effort into it in the first place.

phaos

Apr 8, 2018
For what it's worth I quite like your game and would like to stay up to date on it.

sara04

Dec 29, 2020
Thanks all, good feedback. I've tried to address some of it in the current OP. Hope that helps make it a bit more clear what is going on and what the game is about.

sara04

Dec 29, 2020
0.38 is up. It's got a bug fix for the path where you play cards with the countess. Plus adds content to both the abyssal plane path and the wizard apprentice demon subpaths.

I've addressed all but 4 respondents to the survey now as far as the paths. There are some other responses like wanting certain fetishes added that I just haven't worked in yet.

For those 4 respondents 1 of the paths I just haven't caught up on some other paths to yet so I'm not ready to handle the subpath where you are the Duke's concubine and pregnant just yet. But soon.

The other 3 wanted paths expanded that I have no plans for yet. So I need some help there. I've added stars next to the paths that I don't have plans for in the survey in addition to saying that in the story. If you want one of those paths expanded I'm not opposed to it, I just need some direction. For example, one respondent wanted "Dungeon 5" which is a really dark path. So I need guidance like "I want someone to rescue them" or "I want someone to figure out a use for a completely broken person" or "I want it to get even darker somehow..."

Anyway, hope you enjoy the new update!

-Sara

Traget

Jul 3, 2022
A good attempt, I did like the overall story idea and would like to see where the game goes. Not sure if you're still working on this, but thought I'd just make a comment anyway, just in case. I would suggest adding a bit more detail to what's going on, what characters look like and how they are behaving.

I'll use an easy example just to work from; we meet a sphinx at one point. That's the entire description: A sphinx is watching you. A bit more detail is always nice; how big he is, what his face looks like, his posture, quadruped or biped, if he's doing anything, as well as sexual stuff since this is a smut game.

Same applies for the sex scenes, if I may say. He pounces and puts his dick into you, is pretty much all we get. It gives an idea what happened, but not how it happened. How it felt, or how he felt to the PC. Some things can be left to the imagination, but having a starting point is always nice for text games.