Duel wield build help

Omega2178

Aug 2, 2020
Just wanna know what class and weapons would be best for this. I assume that going high dex/moderate strength would be best so my hit rate isn’t complete shit but I just wanna know what you guys have to say

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
Tbf there's only a handful of weapons with the ability to be dual wielded in the first place, as for class your best choice would be a thief mainly for the "Twist the knife" perk, though you'll need to make the enemy have a debuff to benefit from it. Weapon wise also I'm not the greatest on this front since I'm biased in my choices but I go with a kunai in my offhand and the flaming dagger in my main but that's also for the rp aspect of my character. Not sure if any of this helps actually but yea hope it does.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Theoretically, a Thief with twin shortswords and the leather jerkin makes the most of a small bunch.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
But don't worry too much about optimization. A dual-wielding Thief can clean out the Winter City with a pair of regular daggers, an amulet that doesn't boost any useful stats, and no rings.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Once you unlock a certain foxy place in the frostwood you can buy two balanced blades, they're a pretty nice combo too ^^

Exrav

Apr 17, 2020
Once you unlock a certain foxy place in the frostwood you can buy two balanced blades, they're a pretty nice combo too ^^
They have worse penetration than the shortswords tho...

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Be to honest, Dual Wielding is one of the playstyles that needs an injection of new weapons. Off the top of my head, there are 4 weapons that can be used by dual wielders for any period - Daggers, Francisca axes, shorts swords and Kunai. Whereas there are about 14 two handed melee weapons available. You don't have much of a selection and are stuck with a set of weapons for longer than most.

Reactions: Emerald

FerrusAxel

Aug 10, 2020
there needs to be like... a Unique light weapon... OR MAKE IT A THROWN ONE AND IT'S THOR'S HAMMER BASICALLY

actually on that subject want to add that using weapons with the thrown keyword does open you up to the ranged attacks. I usually carry a Francesca in one hand and a Shortsword in the offhand, This allows me to do stuff as well like Arcane shot which allows me to ignore physical and Wyvern sting if I want to open up with more debuffs

SlyCat

Mar 26, 2019
I don't know... With what's available right now, dual wielding seems like it'll be pretty powerful once warriors and thieves get Extra Attack (assuming the info on the doc is still a accurate...) on top of learning Double Attack from kas. I'm using dual sharp sickles right now and I'm just walking through everything like Kenshiro.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Be to honest, Dual Wielding is one of the playstyles that needs an injection of new weapons. Off the top of my head, there are 4 weapons that can be used by dual wielders for any period - Daggers, Francisca axes, shorts swords and Kunai. Whereas there are about 14 two handed melee weapons available. You don't have much of a selection and are stuck with a set of weapons for longer than most.
Ditto to that. You're pretty SOL in the weapons department for duel-wielding in terms of weapon selection if that's the playstyle you want and don't want to settle with the starter stuff. Which to be frank is :/

You'd think there'd be more light one-handed weaponry but instead there's twice as many duel-wielders to the point they outclass the one-handers in number by now.

Last edited: