Dual-wield Dmg test Redux

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
I wound up changing my party for a Support Kiyoko
It's funny, but I still haven't seen this new build of her...

I open up with flashfire, so that Cleave will benefit from Twist The Knife. I opted for Flashfire because it gives two negative status effects.

Personally, I prefer to start the fight with Deadly Shadow. Because obscure, attacking all enemies at once, two more useful (in my opinion) debuffs plus bleeding from the kunai.

Pictures below is my build,

Hmm, that's an interesting set of Powers you have. I would say that this build is not very suitable for Undermountain (too many crowds, knockdowns and disarms), but the Eviscerate in the Encounter slot makes up for this by being able to make any boss you encounter very sad without having to change your powers every time you change location...

P.S. My current (thief) skill set is Equilibrium, Celestial Smite, Cleave, Deadly Shadow, and Unbreakable.
It's possible that this build is a bit outdated (I no longer cut through crowds of enemies as easily as I used to before version 0.5.0), but it's still quite reliable, the increased enemies durability and reduced healing is more of an annoyance than a real problem.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Update: The Wing of Asira was added to the list.

Reactions: CuteBruiser

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Updated for Patch 0.6.2. Added Club and Light Hammer. Re-tested Galons Griefmaker, Corrupted Dawnsword and Chrysanthemum Petal.

Reactions: Baggrin

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Is it just me or does the Petal suck now that it doesn't give blessed?
I rather like the new plus 50 ap on a critical hit more then the next turn bless, it feels more intuitive to me then having to attack get a crit or set up one with sure shot then use your big attack next turn. The change feels like they wanted it to be used for damage and not a free bless, and so far its doing great for me.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
yeah, if it still gave blessed combined with charmer's new lvl 7 perk, when balak guinea pigs tested it we got upwards of 4+ turns of blessed, sooooo...

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Updated for Patch 0.6.18. Re-Tested Corrupted Dawnsword and Wings of Asira.

Corrupted Dawnsword deals now a bit less dmg than before. Highest difference I had was 16 dmg lower on a blessed main-hand crit.

Wings are a bit stronger.

Reactions: Furiae

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Updated for Patch 0.6.32. Added Cassias Gladius. The wording of the passive suggests, that it gives 20% Ap to any weapon, if dual wielded. I tested Cassias Gladius in the off-hand with each the shortsword and light hammer in the main hand. Damage was overall the same, but the damage range on blessed crits seemed rather big. The highest discrepancy I had was 20 damage for low and high rolls on the light hammer. Not sure if it's some weird interaction or normal.

All in all it's pretty much the same as the short sword. Plus added emotional value for Cassia enjoyers.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
It's designed to be mathematically identical to the Short Sword against enemies with 50 Armor (the 20% reduction working out to the same thing as the 10 Armor Pen of the standard weapon), worse against anything below that and superior against anything higher.

Well, actually the lack of an Accuracy penalty makes it slightly better overall anyways, but in damage output terms the above is how it's intended to work.

Reactions: Bobonga