Dual-wield Dmg test Redux

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
A while ago I posted a dmg spreadsheet for some of the light weapons. Now I tested all the light weapons and the most damaging weapons for each category as comparison. I also made some comments on dmg in general.

If I forgot a light weapon or made a mistake, feel free to point it out.

EDIT: Updated for Patch 0.6.32. Added Cassias Gladius.

CoC 2 Dual wield dmg redux

Last edited:

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
Very nice.

As expected, for Light weapons, the Petal and Kunai are amazing.

Also as expected, for 2H melee weapons, the Galon's Griefmaker is the easy choice.

The Bessy Mauler is super interesting, especially with Sure Shot having a Recharge of 1. Otherwise the stat penalties (especially to Accuracy) might have made me wary of ever using it, especially given how good the Taeleeran Longbow is.

I didn't think elemental damage on weapons was affected by Armor... I thought I'd been dealing very decent damage against high-Armor enemies. Maybe I should do more testing.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Thank you.

I didn't think elemental damage on weapons was affected by Armor... I thought I'd been dealing very decent damage against high-Armor enemies. Maybe I should do more testing.
The good dmg is because most enemies don't have elemental resistances, usually weaknesses. Pretty much only Demons have significant elemental resistance with 33% fire and 75% blight. Even Frost is rarely resisted, outside of the rift.

As mentioned alot of enemies have penetrating resistance and most physical weapons deal penetrating dmg. So they perform worse than expected.

Just a note, but crushing resistance is really rare. IIRC The only non-ghost enemies with crushing resistance are the Selkies.

Last edited:

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
I just checked the resistances of GENERIC enemies on the wiki. Here is what I found:

A lot less enemies have cruhisng or penetration modifiers than I thought. But, generally speaking the cruhsing resistance is lower than penetration resistance. On some mobs, like the hornets, the resitances tie.

The summoned valkyries are immune to pentration, but "only" have 75 crushing resistance. Constructs aka Elementals or summons in general are strong against penetration (33) and very weak to crushing (-50). The earth elemental has 75 penetration resistance and -35 crushing resistance.

The selkies are indeed resitant to crushing dmg. The songstress has 20 crushing resitance and no penetration resistance. The Huntress has 10 crushing resistance and 25 penetration resistance.

Penetration is stronger against the Batfolk muggers, because they have 0 crushing resistance and -25 penetration resistance.

As for frost dmg in the Rift: Jotuns are immune, Selkies have 60 resistance and the wraith touched beast has 25 resistance. The Avanai, Roc, all Siorcannas and Cultists are neutral.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
Hmm...

Earth Elementals have 92 Armor and 7 Ward. They have -35% Crushing Resistance and 0% Holy Resistance.

If Armor affected both physical weapon damage and elemental weapon damage the same, then logically a Mace would do way more damage than a Divine Blossom. Both do 35 damage, except the Elemental is more vulnerable to the Mace's damage type. And the Mace has ArmorPen.

Yet, when I attack an Earth Elemental with a Divine Blossom, I do: 52, 54, 55 damage (non-crit), and 106, 108, 108, 112, 116, 116 damage (crit). Additionally, the damage remains stable even after the Earth Elemental goes into a frenzy (which cuts its Armor in half).

When I attack an Earth Elemental with a Mace I do: 46, 96 (crit), 49, it frenzies cutting its Armor in half, 143 (crit), 69, 65.

I'm pretty sure elemental damage from weapons is reduced by Ward, not Armor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnerbro

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Divine Blossom's attack type is Magical, so it hits vs Ward. Mace's attack type is Physical, so it hits vs Armor.

The only thing relevant for Damage types are the specific resistances (Fire resist, penetrating resist, etc) they have nothing to do with if you hit Armor/Ward/Focus.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
Divine Blossom's attack type is Magical, so it hits vs Ward. Mace's attack type is Physical, so it hits vs Armor.

The only thing relevant for Damage types are the specific resistances (Fire resist, penetrating resist, etc) they have nothing to do with if you hit Armor/Ward/Focus.

So there's "physical Holy" damage and "magical Holy" damage... interesting distinction, thanks for clarifying that.

So the Mushroom Staff, which deals 25 "magical Crushing" base damage, would be surprisingly effective against the Earth Elemental.

Fascinating.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021

That does make sense. I change it in the Docs.

But for clarification: The beast killer has the tags physical, penetration and blight. So, the penetration and blight dmg target armor, right?

Last edited:

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
So I guess the best way to play an OP thief would be dual wield Kunai and Chrysanthemum Petal with Sure Shot?

You get Bless every other turn and the bleed from Kunai basically guarantees that you'll permanently have Twist the Knife active. Weird that so many of the best weapons are somehow related to the Floofs. Though they are the most developed of the sidequests.

Does Sure Shot always crit? I thought Accuracy only affects whether you miss an attack?

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Does Sure Shot always crit?
No. Enemies with shields are immune to crits, just like the player. Otherwise its a guranteed crit.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
But for clarification: The beast killer has the tags physical, penetration and blight. So, the penetration and blight dmg target armor, right?

If the above explanation is correct (and we have no reason to suspect that it isn't), then yes. The Physical tag means Armor is what reduces the damage. Magical means Ward reduces it, Mental means Focus reduces it.

Now I'm going to have to gather information on how common it is for enemies to have Ward VS having Armor...

Reactions: Bobonga

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Just bumping this thread, since I updated it.

I'm sorry, if I'm breaking the no necroing rule. But the other option would be making the same thread again. Which isn't optimal either.

Reactions: Greyfox643

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Thank you for the update

So would Msce+Dawnsword or Mace+C.Petal be the superior dualwield option?

Since both Blunt and holy seem to work on the widest variety of enemies?

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Thank you for the update

So would Msce+Dawnsword or Mace+C.Petal be the superior dualwield option?

Since both Blunt and holy seem to work on the widest variety of enemies?
You can't dualwield the mace as it lacks the [light] tag. I included it as a reference point, since it is the hardest hitting one-handed weapon. It was to check if dual wielding is worth it, compared to other options. Thats why I included the Bessy Mauler and Griefmaker as well.

You can actually swap all your equipped gear mid combat, without wasting a turn. This is highly relevant for the corrupted dawnsword. When facing enemies weak to blight use the CDS, when they are resitant to use something else, swap weapons. So you could use the CDS as main and swap to the petal when fighting demons.

The best dualwield option by far is the Chrysanthemum petal in the main-hand and Kunai in the off-hand. Since the petal is a thrown weapon it can use both range and melee powers, plus it it ignores the flight melee accuracy debuff. The real kicker here is the bless on crit from the petal and the bleed from the kunai. The bless effect increases the bleed damage, but the stat reduction from the kunai being in the offhand does not decrease the bleed dmg. Turn 1 you use sure shot. You crit and the petal applies it's blessed buff and the Kunai gains the higher bleed from bless instantly. The actual dmg of the weapons itself doesnt matter in this case, but the bleed outdamages pretty much evertything.

To put the Examples in Numbers: The Petal would do 58 dmg on a crit plus 12 from the blessed kunai and 37*2 from the blessed bleed. Even without the Kunai critting as well you did 107 dmg with only one sure shot. Plus 37 dmg of the second bleed proc. If the Kunai crits up the bleed to 60*2. Btw. Sure shot has a cooldown of only 1 round. The next turn you can either swap the kunai for a stronger offhand weapon, since the bleed won't stack or even replace both weapons and do a bless buffed attack or power. Turn 3 sure shot is ready again, so you can repaeat the kunai+ petal combo.

IIrc correctly the most busted dmg build is 17 strength, 17 willpower, 17 agility, with charge weapon, sure shot, song of storms and deadly shadow. Turn 1 kunai + Petal sure shot. Turn 2 Song of Storms which gives spellpower as storm damage to your weapon on a 1 to 1 ratio. That means the bless buffs gives another +100 storm dmg for free. Turn 3 deadly shadow. That is an AoE and encounter power. Since cleave and crowd control are recharge powers you can't fit them in. On top of ALL that you get the charge weapons dmg, which scales if spellpower. Keep in mind that stances activate automatically, so the bless won't increase charge weapons buff. (Not true, bless affects active weapon buffs. Credit to @Baggrin for pointing this out.) Using gear that increases spellpower is more beneficial for this setup, since it boosts both charge and song of storms.

Edit: In case you don't want to swap around gear or don't want to use the most busted killer combos: For main-hand always the petal for bless buffs and the utility of a thrown weapon. The occasional bless is a nice boon, even without sure shot. Off-hand Dawn Sword as it give some defensive stats as well. And of course the holy dmg.

Last edited:

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Keep in mind that stances activate automatically, so the bless won't increase charge weapons buff.

Last time I checked, Charge Weapon was a buff with dynamically recalculated power. So its power changes every time your spellpower changes.
By the way, this is exactly what was pointed out as a lack of Charge Weapon in a discussion with a topic something like "CW vs SoS".

It was back when the Blessing did not work, however, somewhere before version 0.3.15... it seems to me that 0.3.15, at least twice in bug reports slipped that the Blessing (and Karmic Retribution) do not work, but only pretend to work, the second time was in version 0.3.13 or 0.3.14, I don't remember exactly.

Bugfixed Blessings, in my opinion, have changed a lot: now you can use Blessing (if desired, also War Hymne) to enhance the Charge Weapon + Cleave combo and both parts of the damage, both physical and magical, will be enhanced. In the case of Song of Storms, you will need to choose which part of the damage you want to increase with Blessing, physical or magical.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Last time I checked, Charge Weapon was a buff with dynamically recalculated power. So its power changes every time your spellpower changes.
By the way, this is exactly what was pointed out as a lack of Charge Weapon in a discussion with a topic something like "CW vs SoS".
I doubled checked and you are right. Blessing affects active charge weapon.

both parts of the damage, both physical and magical, will be enhanced.
Intrestingly you don't get a split of physical and magical dmg when using charge weapon. If your weapon does physical dmg you get physical holy dmg. If it does magical dmg you get magical holy dmg. Heres a quote from Blaknightfang from a thread, where I asked about the dmg type of charge weapon.

They all add to whatever the weapon's base damage type is.
If it's a magic damage type weapon, they add as magical, physical = physical, mental = mental

Reactions: Baggrin

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
You can't dualwield the mace as it lacks the [light] tag. I included it as a reference point, since it is the hardest hitting one-handed weapon. It was to check if dual wielding is worth it, compared to other options. Thats why I included the Bessy Mauler and Griefmaker as well.

You can actually swap all your equipped gear mid combat, without wasting a turn. This is highly relevant for the corrupted dawnsword. When facing enemies weak to blight use the CDS, when they are resitant to use something else, swap weapons. So you could use the CDS as main and swap to the petal when fighting demons.

The best dualwield option by far is the Chrysanthemum petal in the main-hand and Kunai in the off-hand. Since the petal is a thrown weapon it can use both range and melee powers, plus it it ignores the flight melee accuracy debuff. The real kicker here is the bless on crit from the petal and the bleed from the kunai. The bless effect increases the bleed damage, but the stat reduction from the kunai being in the offhand does not decrease the bleed dmg. Turn 1 you use sure shot. You crit and the petal applies it's blessed buff and the Kunai gains the higher bleed from bless instantly. The actual dmg of the weapons itself doesnt matter in this case, but the bleed outdamages pretty much evertything.

To put the Examples in Numbers: The Petal would do 58 dmg on a crit plus 12 from the blessed kunai and 37*2 from the blessed bleed. Even without the Kunai critting as well you did 107 dmg with only one sure shot. Plus 37 dmg of the second bleed proc. If the Kunai crits up the bleed to 60*2. Btw. Sure shot has a cooldown of only 1 round. The next turn you can either swap the kunai for a stronger offhand weapon, since the bleed won't stack or even replace both weapons and do a bless buffed attack or power. Turn 3 sure shot is ready again, so you can repaeat the kunai+ petal combo.

IIrc correctly the most busted dmg build is 17 strength, 17 willpower, 17 agility, with charge weapon, sure shot, song of storms and deadly shadow. Turn 1 kunai + Petal sure shot. Turn 2 Song of Storms which gives spellpower as storm damage to your weapon on a 1 to 1 ratio. That means the bless buffs gives another +100 storm dmg for free. Turn 3 deadly shadow. That is an AoE and encounter power. Since cleave and crowd control are recharge powers you can't fit them in. On top of ALL that you get the charge weapons dmg, which scales if spellpower. Keep in mind that stances activate automatically, so the bless won't increase charge weapons buff. (Not true, bless affects active weapon buffs. Credit to @Baggrin for pointing this out.) Using gear that increases spellpower is more beneficial for this setup, since it boosts both charge and song of storms.

Edit: In case you don't want to swap around gear or don't want to use the most busted killer combos: For main-hand always the petal for bless buffs and the utility of a thrown weapon. The occasional bless is a nice boon, even without sure shot. Off-hand Dawn Sword as it give some defensive stats as well. And of course the holy dmg.
Okay so to run the optimal kunai/petal build, you want a race/class/background combo which grants +1 to each of str, will, and agi, as well as to play as a thief, is that correct? for the increased damage on debuffed enemies. So Wyld Elf/Thief/Soldier is the only combo which comes with the right +3 and starts with Thief - with Lupine you need to start as one of the mages alongside Hunter, and unless I'm missing something it's actually impossible for a starting catfolk to have the right combo of 3 stats, because no class gives +str and none of the backgrounds for a mage give +str. What about equipment? Off the top of my head, I would say Tiran Habit for the spellpower, Gloves of Giant Strength for arpen, Titanic Hat for attack power or spellpower, Amulet of Union (rip to rescuing kiyoko) for spellpower and pen (and if you lose access to it, which is unfortunately a big drop to damage, then I guess just the defensive neck item of your choice), Guldring + Hornet Ring for a mix of crit and spellpower/pen, or maybe Guldring + Ring of Fortune for the dual pen on top of the crit, which has the added benefit of no infinitely ballooning boobs. I don't think any of the cloaks will do anything for your DPS, which is always nice cause it means I get to wear Cloak of the Deeps, and the belt has gotta be the Champion's Belt for more attack power. Does that all sound correct? So the build ends up getting more spellpower than anything else from the items, does that mean not bumping willpower from class/race/background and instead getting a bit more str/agi would be more efficient? like ending with 17-18 str/17-18 agi/16 will. That would let me play as a catfolk going thief + Soldier.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
To be completly honest I never used the build myself and don't know the best gear. For character creation wyld elf with thief is your choice, since you want to focus willpower over strength. Thief doesnt have a willpower option, take soldier for more stregth. Song of Storms and charge weapon scale of spellpower.

Spellpenetration is actually completly useless for this build. Buffs like Song of Storms, Charge Weapon or blood iris add elemental dmg according to your weapon. Since the Chrysanthemum petal is a physical weapon, Song of Storms will give physical Storm dmg and charge weapon physical holy dmg. Which means all your dmg targets armor. With this in mind I would run guild ring and ring of fortune. I've read that the build would use double ring of fortune for the AP, but that was before the guild ring was available.

You nailed the rest of relevant gear. Titanic hat, tira vestment and gloves of giant strength.

If you don't mind swapping weapons mid combat, you can squeeze an additional 20 Storm dmg out of this setup. When bless is active but before using Song of Storms swap your left hand to the bull totem. It gives +10 spellpower. Swap the right hand to either the metal wand or control rod for another 10 spellpower each. Technically the control rod has 15 spellpower. But you need to free Kiyoko, so you would lose 5 spellpower from the amulett of union, evening out at 10 spellpower. After SoS swap back to weapons of your choice and use deadly shadow.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
To be completly honest I never used the build myself and don't know the best gear. For character creation wyld elf with thief is your choice, since you want to focus willpower over strength. Thief doesnt have a willpower option, take soldier for more stregth. Song of Storms and charge weapon scale of spellpower.

Spellpenetration is actually completly useless for this build. Buffs like Song of Storms, Charge Weapon or blood iris add elemental dmg according to your weapon. Since the Chrysanthemum petal is a physical weapon, Song of Storms will give physical Storm dmg and charge weapon physical holy dmg. Which means all your dmg targets armor. With this in mind I would run guild ring and ring of fortune. I've read that the build would use double ring of fortune for the AP, but that was before the guild ring was available.

You nailed the rest of relevant gear. Titanic hat, tira vestment and gloves of giant strength.

If you don't mind swapping weapons mid combat, you can squeeze an additional 20 Storm dmg out of this setup. When bless is active but before using Song of Storms swap your left hand to the bull totem. It gives +10 spellpower. Swap the right hand to either the metal wand or control rod for another 10 spellpower each. Technically the control rod has 15 spellpower. But you need to free Kiyoko, so you would lose 5 spellpower from the amulett of union, evening out at 10 spellpower. After SoS swap back to weapons of your choice and use deadly shadow.
Oh, right, damage can be physical/magical and also elemental/crushing/piercing at the same time, so you can have magical crushing or physical fire damage, I always forget that. So Spellpen does nothing. I would imagine +5 crit and +5 arpen beats out guldring's +5 spellpower then, if the spellpen does nothing. Though I guess the leadership would be a nice bonus, so it might be worth bringing. And the swapping stuff sounds like too much of a pain in the ass for me, tbh. So overall, it seems like Tiran Habit, Gloves of Giant Strength, Titanic Hat, Amulet of Union, Ring of Fortune, Guldring/2nd Ring of Fortune, Cloak of Choice, and Champion's Belt. For race, if willpower is the priority, surely it'd make more sense to grab a +3 willpower starting setup (wyld elf black mage arcanist or wyld elf white mage acolyte), and then just switch class to thief later on, right? Or +2 willpower +1 agi, like catfolk black mage arcanist. I'd prefer to start as a Catfolk if possible, it just feels better to me to play for a bimbo assassin, which is the plan for this build.

Last edited:

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
For race, if willpower is the priority, surely it'd make more sense to grab a +3 willpower starting setup (wyld elf black mage arcanist or wyld elf white mage acolyte), and then just switch class to thief later on, right?
Yes, this is correct. I thought that changing your class changes the stat bonus as well. But that is not the case. White/Black mage changed to thief still gives +1 Willpower.

So Spellpen does nothing. I would imagine +5 crit and +5 arpen beats out guldring's +5 spellpower then, if the spellpen does nothing.
You would need to test if the 5 spellpower or 5 AP make a noticable difference. Problem with armor is, that it is a percentage based reduction, but also gives diminishing returns. This means that the effectiveness of 5 AP can vary greatly from enemy to enemy.

The 5 spellpower of the Guldring would give 8 dmg total. 5 storm dmg from Song of Storms and 3 holy dmg from charge weapon.

5 Ap on its own isn't alot. But a percentage increase can do wonders, since we do very high dmg. I'm assuming that your spellpower will be about 100* . And 61 Attackpower from 17 STR and Champions belt. A blessed SoS would give 200 storm dmg, charge weapon 50 holy and the petal 48 (30*1.61). Which brings us to a total dmg of 298. With the guildring it would rise to 306. Now for the 5 AP from a second ring of fortune. Assuming that it reduces dmg negation by about 2%, you would deal 6 more dmg. A bit lower than the guild ring. If 5 AP is a 3% lowered dmg negation, it would give 9 dmg. Slightly better than the guild ring.

* Spellpower: 60 from willpower + 20 tiran habit + 5 amulett of union + 15 Titanic hat = 100. With swapping to bull totem and metal wand/ control rod you get 20 extra spellpower which would be 30 points more dmg. With 2% AP extra dmg would rise to 7. 3% AP to 10 dmg.

The dmg difference of 5 spellpower and 5 AP shouldn't be that significant. I suggest running double ring of fortune for the extra crit. You will do so much dmg that barely anything should survive you. Which means that companions won't have much to do and won't profit from 10 leadership.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
you want a race/class/background combo which grants +1 to each of str, will, and agi

In my opinion, it would be much more practical to choose as your starting bonus +3 to Agility or +2 to Strength and +1 to Agility.

make more sense to grab a +3 willpower starting setup

Well, that works too.
But I would note that there are boons in the game that affect the whole group at once and that three of the four (Blessing from Sanders, wine in the Winter City and Bento Box from Kiyoko) increase your Willpower.
So I personally rather prefer Cunning or Presence as your third attribute instead of Willpower. So, I think it's preferable to have a plus to Strength or Agility as a starting bonus, as I said above.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019

Okay so I'm running this build in game now, and, admittedly, I don't have all the items together so far, but I'm finding the damage much lower than expected. Would you explain where I went wrong? Here's a fight vs Lt Jen, the bleed is only doing 24 damage which seems way lower than it's supposed to be? What am I missing. Sure, it procs twice in a turn, but 24 damage still isn't that much and I thought it was supposed to be higher. 1670117281637.png

Current Items screenshot below.
1670117342695.png

Edit: just had a case where the crysanthemum petal didn't crit, but the kunai still hit, and the bleed damage was exactly the same, 24. I thought the point of the build was that the bleed scaled off crysanthemum petal self-blessing which is what made the damage so high? But here it's doing the same damage whether or not crys petal crits. 1670117757176.png

Below are a few more examples of it always doing 24 damage no matter who I hit and whether or not crys petal blesses me.1670117820593.png
1670117847384.png
1670117871169.png1670117877406.png1670117901439.png

Edit2:
Okay now I really don't understand. I'm fighting Slimefolk and they're taking different amounts of damage from bleed now. Neither of them have damage amps of any sort, and they were bled by the exact same attack. 1670119225790.png
1670119238353.png
(more pictures in next post)

Last edited:

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
screenshots cont.
1670119271088.png1670119281576.png
It's not even a small difference, one of them is taking 50% more bleed damage.

Edit: admittedly, the build still fucking slaps once you get your buffs up. This is an obscene amount of damage jesus christ, 450 damage to every enemy not counting 40 bleed per turn extra.1670119603836.png

Last edited:

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Looking at the numbers, it seems that a petal bless doesn't affect the off-hand in the same turn/attack.

You actually didn't crit Grettel. Enemies with equipped shields are immune to crit. Just like the player when they equip any shield. Problem is, that there is no indicator, if a enemy has a shield equipped or not. Apparently Grettel does, despite her bust not showing any shield.

For the slimes: Bleed itself has a dmg calculation. It's 15 base dmg and uses attackpower as a modifier. You hit slime B with a critical hit by the kunai itself. Which means that the bleed got a crit boost.

Sure, it procs twice in a turn, but 24 damage still isn't that much and I thought it was supposed to be higher.
The double proc is the benefit. Turn 2 you use Song of Storms, which means you don't attack. The Bleed deals 48 dmg toal, plus the kunai dmg. In Lt. Jens case thats 63 dmg. The only other light weapon that can remotely deal this much dmg with a single attack, is the Corrupted Dawnsword with all odds stacked in its favour. The kunai should still be your best off-hand option, even if petal bless doesn't affect it the same turn.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
Looking at the numbers, it seems that a petal bless doesn't affect the off-hand in the same turn/attack.

You actually didn't crit Grettel. Enemies with equipped shields are immune to crit. Just like the player when they equip any shield. Problem is, that there is no indicator, if a enemy has a shield equipped or not. Apparently Grettel does, despite her bust not showing any shield.

For the slimes: Bleed itself has a dmg calculation. It's 15 base dmg and uses attackpower as a modifier. You hit slime B with a critical hit by the kunai itself. Which means that the bleed got a crit boost.

The double proc is the benefit. Turn 2 you use Song of Storms, which means you don't attack. The Bleed deals 48 dmg toal, plus the kunai dmg. In Lt. Jens case thats 63 dmg. The only other light weapon that can remotely deal this much dmg with a single attack, is the Corrupted Dawnsword with all odds stacked in its favour. The kunai should still be your best off-hand option, even if petal bless doesn't affect it the same turn.
Gotcha, that all makes sense - still very good info that the bleed doesn't get boosted until it's your next turn, so if an enemy gets hit by the bleed, then takes 2 turns, both of those turns they only take the lower not the higher damage. Good to add to the calcs.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
I tried a new take on a dual-wielding build, Dawnsword Mainhand. And Kunai offhand.

I may replace the kunai with the petals and run this test again.

I wound up changing my party for a Support Kiyoko and Agni. Their buffs and sustain are absolutely amazing. And I failed to use it, but Agni's weapon buff ability stacks with Charge Weapon.

I open up with flashfire, so that Cleave will benefit from Twist The Knife. I opted for Flashfire because it gives two negative status effects.

Pictures below is my build, I know I should drop the hood for the hat. And the mare's ring for another... but im somewhat reluctant to give up wedding gifts and shove them into storage.

I really, really like this party comp. I think I'll start a new character again and really try to stick to being a dual-weilding spellblade for the whole of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221206_114719_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206_114719_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20221206_114621_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206_114621_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20221206_114642_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206_114642_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20221206_114434_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206_114434_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20221206_114446_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206_114446_Corruption of Champions II.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: Baggrin and Bobonga

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
I know I should drop the hood for the hat. And the mare's ring for another... but im somewhat reluctant to give up wedding gifts and shove them into storage.
This line resonates with me. I always feel the need to take the most optimal options, even if I don't like them. Taking preference or flavour options over objectivly better gear is something I'm hesitant about.

I really, really like this party comp. I think I'll start a new character again and really try to stick to being a dual-weilding spellblade for the whole of it.
But the most important part of any build is that you enjoy it. Which you certainly achieved. Congratulations!

Reactions: Kesil

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
This line resonates with me. I always feel the need to take the most optimal options, even if I don't like them. Taking preference or flavour options over objectivly better gear is something I'm hesitant about.

But the most important part of any build is that you enjoy it. Which you certainly achieved. Congratulations!
Yeah, I switched out one of my lucky strikes for the Ring of Fate, and I'm never not gonna have the Cloak of the Deeps equipped.