Dryad encounters too common

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I've run into her at least a dozen times all within a matter of in game hours. The encounter seems to proc 50-60% of the time and 80% of the time my characters lust is not up there for a good romp. Maybe lowering the encounter rate would help a bit?

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Yeah, they got enablers to spawn more often if you got wetness +4 or have cum on you it seems.

http://wiki.smutosaur.us/Dryad

I get that they're in heat and all but eesh were these guys ever in the way when I was there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
yeah... it's hard to encounter mobs or some of the rarer encounters when Dryad shows up out of nowhere just after I encountered her 2 block spaces back -_-;

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well maybe adding some sort of cooldown on her encounter. As meeting her 2 blocks away mean it's like 10 min later...really it quite fast for her been up and running again soo soon o_O

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
There's nothing in-game to reduce vaginal wetness is there? Anyone who goes on a TF spree with the Vanae morph is doomed to have max wetness, and given how popular that is it's no surprise that we are prime Dryad bait.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Aside from things mentioned above, I would love if the PC with sufficientlt high Libido/ indane cum production/mad sex skillz could sate her, puting her encounter on even longet cooldown. Ideally, if Wsan would be on board with writing some more for her, with additional blurbs.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Blame @Fenoxo! He added the modifier that increases your encounter rate. It's a good idea imo but if it's annoying people it's not a big deal to take it out/lower it. I'm going to leave it up to him on this one because it's game mechanics and that's not really up to me. A shame, because obviously I want people to see the character and I enjoy the explanation for her showing up more frequently, but maybe she's a bit too persistent if she's bothering people for a fuck every few steps.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
He added the modifier that increases your encounter rate. It's a good idea imo but if it's annoying people it's not a big deal to take it out/lower it. I'm going to leave it up to him on this one because it's game mechanics and that's not really up to me.

Yeah I definetly feel this modifier atm are too much in Dryad favor (welp there goes let the odds be in your favor...but why it's Dryad notr player odds o_O )

As it involve modifier it may not even need fen attention but Jac00 fix. @Wsan you could try reach to Jac00 and talk with him for making some slight adjusting. He almsot each day amking some adjusting/minor fixing/etc. so no need go directly to fen for this :D

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
There's nothing in-game to reduce vaginal wetness is there? Anyone who goes on a TF spree with the Vanae morph is doomed to have max wetness, and given how popular that is it's no surprise that we are prime Dryad bait.

Aside of removing vagina? Feline, Nyrea and Gryvian (no such thing currently, just handler in vagina shift code) TFs are reducing wetness when changing vagina type.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Added some changes in the pull request (#786).

It should limit the amount of times she can be found (up to 8 times in 24 hours of her first encounter--regardless of she was fucked), and if she has been sexed, she will have a rut cooldown of about an hour until being active again. This doesn't lower her rate of encounter by much, but it does make her seem a little less of a stalker, especially after sexing her only to find her primed for more after taking a few steps.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Added some changes in the pull request (#786).

It should limit the amount of times she can be found (up to 8 times in 24 hours of her first encounter--regardless of she was fucked), and if she has been sexed, she will have a rut cooldown of about an hour until being active again. This doesn't lower her rate of encounter by much, but it does make her seem a little less of a stalker, especially after sexing her only to find her primed for more after taking a few steps.

Funny thing is I don't think she'll fail to meet all 8 times, its that bad. xD

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Heh as expected Jac00 saved the day :allears:

Oh well at least now it would be 8 times a day that mean ~7-8 hours per day only of taking care of her rut.

Hmm won't making cd  increased from 1 to 2 hours? Kinda feel 1 hour could be a little too short time. What you all think about this?

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Depends how long you're spending in the jungle, I think. I can't imagine any player who's just there to get the probe is going to run into her that many times, but obviously expectations are a bit different when you're there grinding out Vanae TFs or something.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Okay, I made the chance a little more randomized in the pull request (#787)--if she is encountered over two times, her encounter rate will randomly stagger, relative to the times she's been encountered already within the 24 hours. So if she has been encountered 4 times, her rate drops to 1/4; 6 times, rate to 1/6; etc. It still retains the 8 times maximum though, so you won't ever over-encounter her. Her rut cooldown will also be random: between 1 to 2 hours before being active again.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Also I would like if we didn't need lust to do things that wouldn't really need it ot help her. Like sucking her off. It's not really annoying that the turns up so often as much as she turns up and I can't do anything with her.

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
Be nice if your current lust level were not a factor in whether you could sex her or not as well.  Seems every single time I run into her is RIGHT after my lust is sated with something else!  Have yet to actually have an amorous encounter with the dryad as a result!

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Okay, if the character's lust is below the lust threshold (33%), then she will be 1/3 less active. If the character does run into her, there will be no lust requirement to give her a beej. If you want your character to be all lusty, try raising that libido  : P

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Also I would like if we didn't need lust to do things that wouldn't really need it ot help her. Like sucking her off. It's not really annoying that the turns up so often as much as she turns up and I can't do anything with her.

I've actually thought this myself, ha. Good thinking on the fix, Jacques.