Dreaming of Dana ren'py

Ptolemy

Dec 6, 2016
hello. i'm having this problem too, except when i press ignore it doesn't let me proceed, i just get a few more errors (but with different variables as the culprit) then the game crashes.

here is the error i'm getting:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/bedroom labels.rpy", line 25, in script
  File "game/bedroom labels.rpy", line 25, in <module>
NameError: name 'Dananeedtotalk' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/bedroom labels.rpy", line 25, in script
  File "X:\dreaming-of-dana\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "X:\dreaming-of-dana\renpy\python.py", line 1725, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "X:\dreaming-of-dana\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/bedroom labels.rpy", line 25, in <module>
NameError: name 'Dananeedtotalk' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.2029
Dreaming of Dana 0.035

Why don't you ask me on my Patreon? :p

Since the Dananeedtotalk variable isn't in the game till version 0.034, and it clearly says in your error report that you're playing the 0.035 version.
Neither of which have been made public yet.
A little bit cheeky no?

But to answer your question, you have to start a new game.

Reactions: TheShocker

Bsheep922

Mar 6, 2017
Hi,

I have been playing the game for a while now.
My game Week shows 201, and I have more than 1000 affection and more than 500 sexy points for Dana. But i cant see the beach getaway or any other one on one between Dana and Chris, except the movie night and the cooking & foot massage date. Is there really anything happens between them other than these or not? Otherwise am i playing the game differently? Or making any mistakes?

Ofcourse i can see Andrea+Dana dance date, Maria+Dana dinner date, Jessica + Dana Bowling date and few random events with Andrea, Maria & Jessica. But nothing more than the already mentioned events/date for Dana.

Please somebody help me how to trigger if something more is available in the game for Dana. As i said i have lots of points for her already.

Thank you for your support!

Ptolemy

Dec 6, 2016
Two things
Your game week shows 201 because of a bug, dad sadly I didn't catch till version 0.041. But that shouldn't affect you now.

The reason why the Dana getaway doesn't trigger is because you didn't start a new game when I told you. After the Dana + Jessica date a day counter starts, when it reaches 2 the Dana getaway scene triggers. You went on playing till it went past 2 in 0.033
and now it never triggers

If you want a workaround, go to your bedroom in the evening, press Shift+O, type Dananeedtotalkdays = 1 , then go to bed. It should trigger the next morning.

Or just start a new game

Ptolemy

Reactions: Bsheep922

Bsheep922

Mar 6, 2017
Two things
Your game week shows 201 because of a bug, dad sadly I didn't catch till version 0.041. But that shouldn't affect you now.

The reason why the Dana getaway doesn't trigger is because you didn't start a new game when I told you. After the Dana + Jessica date a day counter starts, when it reaches 2 the Dana getaway scene triggers. You went on playing till it went past 2 in 0.033
and now it never triggers

If you want a workaround, go to your bedroom in the evening, press Shift+O, type Dananeedtotalkdays = 1 , then go to bed. It should trigger the next morning.

Or just start a new game

Ptolemy

Thank you for your quick reply.

Is there any other random or one-on-one dates between Dana and Chris other than the Bus stop scene (dinner & foot massage) and Movie night?

I am in Ver. 0.04 and have seen some screenshots in an website shows some intimate times between the two. So just wondering if its really there or not yet. If its there What will trigger them?

I really appreciate your work and quick reply!

Ptolemy

Dec 6, 2016
You're on 0.04?

I don't even know why I bother making builds public, the patreon ones seem to get out there ass soon as I post them.

But to answer your question, yes there is one more, but it can't trigger till after the getaway scene, that's a precondition.

And the buss stop scene is with Andrea, not Dana.

Ptolemy

Reactions: Bsheep922

Bsheep922

Mar 6, 2017
You're on 0.04?

I don't even know why I bother making builds public, the patreon ones seem to get out there ass soon as I post them.

But to answer your question, yes there is one more, but it can't trigger till after the getaway scene, that's a precondition.

And the buss stop scene is with Andrea, not Dana.

Ptolemy

Oops Sorry, i didnt realise 0.04 is not public yet. I am so damn addicted to your game, so I spent a hell a lot of time to find the latest ver. Sorry again if i affended you in anyway.

Yes i know the Andrea Bus stop scene with rain, but i meant another one, where Chris invites Dana to his flat for dinner and Foot massage.

Thank you so much again for your quick reply and a HUGE help.

hagal

Mar 16, 2017
Ptolemy first I'd like to say that your game is super cool. I like the story and look of the characters, special females :)

I am playing version 0.042 and have two problems.
1. After I met Jessica and get to her studio first time. When I want to visit her again (after job) the studio is closed (every day whole week). So I can't grow relationship with her.
2. On weekend I call Dana but she don't answer (sexuality 36/ affection 79).
3. The third one, during lunch when I speak with Dana (go down memory line) after 3rd screen her name changes from Dana to Andrea.

Keep up the good work!
Regards

Ptolemy

Dec 6, 2016
Ptolemy first I'd like to say that your game is super cool. I like the story and look of the characters, special females :)

I am playing version 0.042 and have two problems.
1. After I met Jessica and get to her studio first time. When I want to visit her again (after job) the studio is closed (every day whole week). So I can't grow relationship with her.
2. On weekend I call Dana but she don't answer (sexuality 36/ affection 79).
3. The third one, during lunch when I speak with Dana (go down memory line) after 3rd screen her name changes from Dana to Andrea.

Keep up the good work!
Regards

0.042 is bugged.
I released a fix on tuesday.

Ptolemy

Dec 6, 2016
I've only posted the fix on my patreon.

But then again, I've posted 0.042, only on my patreon also.

There are reasons why I don't make every build public. Bugs is one of them.

So, I don't know where you got 0.042 from. But presumably, they should have the fix as well.

Ptolemy

hagal

Mar 16, 2017
Yes understand. I got it from mega. It seems it still with bug the size is 2.6 GB I saw one with 2.65 GB. But thank you for the answers I was thinking that I play the game wrong.

Sasuke92

Mar 27, 2017
Updated with fix

Hi Ptolemy

Just want to say I absolutely LOVE this game and I've played a lot of 3d games from developers like Lesson of Passion. Not just the brilliant designs and animation but I love how all the girls have different personalities which makes it so engaging! It's not just about screwing girls haha. So yeah I love your writing and talent.

Is it bad that Dana is not my favourite girl when the game is about her? lol

Andrea is my absolute favourite and I hope to see more scenes from her, I love the scenes where he physically lifts her up (or any girl for that matter really) on his chest and holds her, has sex with her etc. That's really powerful when you consider the type of relationship he has with her. Same with Maria. Can't wait to see more stuff from Maria.

Kinda wish there might be a "Dreaming with Andrea" in the works hehe

Anyway keep it up, can't wait to see where this game goes.

Last edited:

thisdeviantsmind

Mar 27, 2017
Hi, so I'm stuck at this point, where nothing will progress, I remember with Andrea at a certain point, you would go out to the club with her, and one of those nights, she doesn't do anything she tells you tomorrow, and walks away. Then after going out with Maria twice the Jessica storyline can fire off with Dana, but none of that is happening for me.
I'm basically just stuck in a loop, with everyone.
Andrea won't go to the pool.
Jessica showed up on the bike with Dana, and I never saw her again.
Dana hasn't invited me out (obviously)
Maria is just there.

Current Stats:
Dana affection: 122
Dana sexuality: 164

Andrea affection: 228
Andrea sexuality: 205

Maria affection: 61
Maria sexuality: 47

Jessica: 0 in both.

*edit*

Skipped ahead through another run, focusing solely on Andrea (for some reason the console has never worked for me, so I can't even use that) and now even at 97 affection 83 sexuality, she still won't go to the pool. even after two dates with Dana

Last edited:

Sasuke92

Mar 27, 2017
Hi, so I'm stuck at this point, where nothing will progress, I remember with Andrea at a certain point, you would go out to the club with her, and one of those nights, she doesn't do anything she tells you tomorrow, and walks away. Then after going out with Maria twice the Jessica storyline can fire off with Dana, but none of that is happening for me.
I'm basically just stuck in a loop, with everyone.
Andrea won't go to the pool.
Jessica showed up on the bike with Dana, and I never saw her again.
Dana hasn't invited me out (obviously)
Maria is just there.

Current Stats:
Dana affection: 122
Dana sexuality: 164

Andrea affection: 228
Andrea sexuality: 205

Maria affection: 61
Maria sexuality: 47

Jessica: 0 in both.

*edit*

Skipped ahead through another run, focusing solely on Andrea (for some reason the console has never worked for me, so I can't even use that) and now even at 97 affection 83 sexuality, she still won't go to the pool. even after two dates with Dana

You have to get Jessica's stats to 50ish for both...during the evenings after work finishes.

Once you get comfortable with her, you can ask Dana out a date with Jessica. After the date, Dana will take you to a 2 day holiday and after that...you can access the swimming pool.

Spiritknight

Mar 28, 2017
Any idea what to do after Andrea's pool date? I've asked Dana for advice, but seem to be stuck from progressing with Andrea after that (on previous version of game I managed to get the Andrea+roommate sex scene, but can't get it now). Do I need to trigger something else or just boost stats?

Ptolemy

Dec 6, 2016
Hi Ptolemy

Just want to say I absolutely LOVE this game and I've played a lot of 3d games from developers like Lesson of Passion. Not just the brilliant designs and animation but I love how all the girls have different personalities which makes it so engaging! It's not just about screwing girls haha. So yeah I love your writing and talent.

Is it bad that Dana is not my favourite girl when the game is about her? lol

Andrea is my absolute favourite and I hope to see more scenes from her, I love the scenes where he physically lifts her up (or any girl for that matter really) on his chest and holds her, has sex with her etc. That's really powerful when you consider the type of relationship he has with her. Same with Maria. Can't wait to see more stuff from Maria.

Kinda wish there might be a "Dreaming with Andrea" in the works hehe

Anyway keep it up, can't wait to see where this game goes.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I've also started a bit of a side project to run in parallel with Dreaming of Dana. You can get a little bored writing about the same characters week after week.
So I'll be switching between the 2 projects. I'll be posting a Demo, either today or tomorrow.
I think you'll like it. :)

Any idea what to do after Andrea's pool date? I've asked Dana for advice, but seem to be stuck from progressing with Andrea after that (on previous version of game I managed to get the Andrea+roommate sex scene, but can't get it now). Do I need to trigger something else or just boost stats?

It should trigger automatically after a few in game days.
I've tested it, and it works.
Are you using an old save perhaps?

Sasuke92

Mar 27, 2017
Thank you very much for your kind words.

I've also started a bit of a side project to run in parallel with Dreaming of Dana. You can get a little bored writing about the same characters week after week.
So I'll be switching between the 2 projects. I'll be posting a Demo, either today or tomorrow.
I think you'll like it. :)

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bsheep922

Mar 6, 2017
Hi Ptolemy, i have few questions about the game progress.... after the girl from restaurant comes to office and asks the help of Chris What will trigger Dana to help in this matter? And how can Chris help her?

And why Maria is not accepting to go to her place again with Chris after the first time (where they all (except Dana) go to restaurant and watch the couple have sex)?

Are there any new events with Dana?

Thank you!

Ptolemy

Dec 6, 2016
Hi Ptolemy, i have few questions about the game progress.... after the girl from restaurant comes to office and asks the help of Chris What will trigger Dana to help in this matter? And how can Chris help her?

And why Maria is not accepting to go to her place again with Chris after the first time (where they all (except Dana) go to restaurant and watch the couple have sex)?

Are there any new events with Dana?

Thank you!

1) That's a subplot that gets resolved in future patches

2) Because the Maria repeatable date isn't implemented yet

3) No

4) From where are you getting my game?

Ptolemy

Bsheep922

Mar 6, 2017
1) That's a subplot that gets resolved in future patches

2) Because the Maria repeatable date isn't implemented yet

3) No

4) From where are you getting my game?

Ptolemy
Thank you!

Some russian torrent sites.
If it affects you, i should become a patreon then.

Arcandax

Apr 4, 2017
hi Ptolemy first of all i want to say you i love this game , and you do a great job.

"""""""""""""SPOILER""""""""""""""""""""""""""
i have just 1 question:
i`m playing the game and i want to know. are there are more events o scenes after this? :
i got scene with dana when they have the trip for 2 days and they come back,
i open event of dana`s weekend ( the floop) . also the scene when they go to the theatre .
i open andrea in the pool and the advise crrish ask to dana after andrea dont want to meet with crish after work.
also the "random" scene when andrea was in bus stop when its raining.
i open scene crish +maria and john (in their apartment) and crish dana maria john (apartment)
i open jessica the scene in her house , and 5 options when you go to her studio.(all bowking solo and with dana , and the option "track"

there are more scene but they are floop easy to do .that i dont mention.

i hope that you can say me some about this
thanks you and sorry for my english, its not my mother language.

pd: iam playing 0.042(fixed)
I look forward to the new versions.

edit : i have +100 in both atributes with the girls. week 19

edit2: i forgot put scene maria in the club (lunch time) and andrea come to my apartment when chrish is going to sleep, also jeesica come to my office.

Last edited:

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
I got to say you're doing waaayy better than me - if there's more content than that then this game is waayy bigger than I thought...

dip

Apr 7, 2017
when i am opening public build zip file its saying "file is unknown or damaged".... what to do... i already downloaded it twice from mega....