Doppleganger's kind of unbeatable

Blackened Angel

Mar 25, 2016
So, up till 1.0.2, the doppleganger's fight was simply a matter of pressing tease three to four times before going for the victory scenes. However, as of 1.0.2, using tease causes my champion to skip an action each turn, meaning that instead of 6 turns before insta-losing, I only get three turns and insta-lose anyway.

First time this happened I was like "Okay, maybe they fixed it so melee combat is actually viable against this guy", but nope, still keep getting those 30s and "lol, keep trying fgt" taunts I've been seeing since 0.9.4c. So I go back to try the lust-off option, but nope, still get my turns skipped even if I melee attack the first turn. Already tried it with and without debug mode, EZ mode, etc, and still get cheated out of my turns. I even went and switched from double attacks to single attacks to see if that was the source of the issue, but no, if I use tease or seduce, he skips my next turn and "chuckles in the face of my non-existant attack".

Last edited by a moderator:

levant

Aug 31, 2015
You were able to beat it with teasing before? Huh. You're supposed to beat it with "unique/special" attacks. Magic doesn't work (not even cleansing palm, though to be fair it deals damage based on enemy corruption, which in this case is yours, and you can't use it when you're corrupt), but if you have doublestrikes going on then YOU start countering and taunting. I want to say the bow works too, though I never bothered investing enough in it do anything with it. Things like akbal's fire or dragon fire would probably work too, but I never did the stuff to get those.