Does the Azyrran Liaden Pc relationship feel wrong for anyone else?

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
You begin with Azyrran being interested in you and can reciprocate, fine, she's been updated to be upfront about being polygamous, so that's fine, but it doesn't really seem to be polygamy it seems like Liaden is the wife and you're the concubine. You can do everything Liaden can but Azyrran's always fawning over her, the dawnsword quest you either give it up to Liaden or everyone guilt trips you because Liaden didn't get it, she talks about wanting to spend more time with her but then gives you the "oh yeah, you're nice too though" as a female you can at least join in but as as a male in particular it really comes across as being a third wheel. You stumble across them having sex and she's openly hostile, She doesn't seem to be interested in anyone else either, if she was exclusive to Liaden and pc couldn't get involved with her it'd be a fine monogamous relationship, but it doesn't really feel like polygamy or her harem it just feels like you're a fling and liaden's her actual partner

Reactions: Ker0k and Emerald

Catmint

Aug 3, 2022
The correct term would be an open relationship. Liaden and Azzy are in a relationship, and the Champion is not a participant in that specific relationship but can still partake in fun sexytimes. If the Champion is included as a deeper connection, an additional romantic partner, then the correct term would be polyamory. It's not polygamy because she's not married to multiple people.

Perhaps Azyrran's relationship will change into a polyamorous one in future updates, but as of right now she is in an open relationship with Liaden.

It sounds like you have a problem with Liaden? I think you can ignore their relationship and toggle their events off if it bothers you. I know for certain some players are not keen on their Champ being a casual participant in their amorous entanglements.

waterpanther7

Jan 28, 2021
I know exactly what you mean about feeling like a third wheel while azyrran acts like there on a date especially during the dawnsword quest azzryn is constantly fawning over liaden in that quest and seems to barely notice your even there only really interacting with you once liadens gone at the end

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
The correct term would be an open relationship. Liaden and Azzy are in a relationship, and the Champion is not a participant in that specific relationship but can still partake in fun sexytimes. If the Champion is included as a deeper connection, an additional romantic partner, then the correct term would be polyamory. It's not polygamy because she's not married to multiple people.

Perhaps Azyrran's relationship will change into a polyamorous one in future updates, but as of right now she is in an open relationship with Liaden.

It sounds like you have a problem with Liaden? I think you can ignore their relationship and toggle their events off if it bothers you. I know for certain some players are not keen on their Champ being a casual participant in their amorous entanglements.
Where does it say that liaden and azyrran are in a relationship and you're a secondary participant? During conversation about it az talks about how they're polygamous and she wants to "spread her eggs" etc, and it's written as PC was partner 1 and liaden was partner 2, presumably with more in the future. She talks about how she has enough love to go around etc it never came across as a open relationship centered on liaden.

Not meaning to sound/be combative, if it was a relationship like the hair stylists in hawkethorne then there'd be no problem. It's just weird that it's presented as being, as you mentioned, polyamorous, presumably polygamous eventually, but it comes across, again like you said, that liaden and az are in a open relationship and you're joining in, which is not the case in the plot if you choose romance options. If it was going to be approached that way then you'd think you and az would be in a open relationship and liaden would be the participant in sexy times, but az as a character is supposed to love her partners equally, and doesn't seem to go after random partners, which would imply the PC wasnt either.

She seems to favor liaden, which is my issue, not liaden as a character, she's fine and her and azyrrans relationship is cute, it's just the polyamory polygamy etc is handled in a way where yet again like you mentioned, you have sex scenes with her but it seems like liaden and her are in the actual relationship. She hasn't went after anyone else at all despite wanting a open relationship to go after other people. It just comes across weird imo.

Catmint

Aug 3, 2022
Where does it say that liaden and azyrran are in a relationship and you're a secondary participant? During conversation about it az talks about how they're polygamous and she wants to "spread her eggs" etc, and it's written as PC was partner 1 and liaden was partner 2, presumably with more in the future. She talks about how she has enough love to go around etc it never came across as a open relationship centered on liaden.

Not meaning to sound/be combative, if it was a relationship like the hair stylists in hawkethorne then there'd be no problem. It's just weird that it's presented as being, as you mentioned, polyamorous, presumably polygamous eventually, but it comes across, again like you said, that liaden and az are in a open relationship and you're joining in, which is not the case in the plot if you choose romance options. If it was going to be approached that way then you'd think you and az would be in a open relationship and liaden would be the participant in sexy times, but az as a character is supposed to love her partners equally, and doesn't seem to go after random partners, which would imply the PC wasnt either.

She seems to favor liaden, which is my issue, not liaden as a character, she's fine and her and azyrrans relationship is cute, it's just the polyamory polygamy etc is handled in a way where yet again like you mentioned, you have sex scenes with her but it seems like liaden and her are in the actual relationship. She hasn't went after anyone else at all despite wanting a open relationship to go after other people. It just comes across weird imo.

No worries, I understand the frustration, quite a few players have it actually. I'm assuming \open relationship\ from what it seems to be, what is implied. The stylists in Hawkethorne are probably a more concrete example of an open relationship, but they come in all different flavors. I think the shift from Champ to Liaden in the narration is what makes players feel rejected by Azzy, even though I don't think that was the intention. It's hard to say where this will go, but I hope the Champ isn't excluded in future Azzy updates.

cmpjr

Aug 20, 2022
I feel that the champion is in some sort of relationship with each other as well as the pc with other characters in the game but I can tell that it can change from how each person play as the pc

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
There's a revamp of the Azzy/PC/Liaden dynamic in the code queue, in fact, which will hopefully address these concerns.
Will this come as new scenes or an update to the current scenes (and thus need a fresh save to be seen if you've already gone through the quest content)?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Will this come as new scenes or an update to the current scenes (and thus need a fresh save to be seen if you've already gone through the quest content)?
Mostly new scenes, though there's at least going to be some retroactive tweaks to LightsaberQuest.

Reactions: IraMorti