Does changing your class change your background?

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
I like being a white mage background generally at least in some explanations and story parts. I wanted to aim for paladin either way but wanted to kind of favor that. But I also want to tank right up a lot and kind of like protect the team so honestly at the end of the day I would want to swap to warrior to get that Veteran perk cause I'm gonna armor up all the time and use sword and board likely.

Now will that make me a warrior for all like discussions and whatnot? If not then I suppose I don't really have much to be concerned about. If it does I'll likely stick with white mage and it's not like a big deal really but I would maybe at a really high level eventually acquire one other class passive (maybe 10 I dunno) since when I think "Veteran" I feel like just spending enough time in combat would let you earn it (maybe like 200 battles?). honestly there's likely a way to spin it to eventually earn all passives like healer's hands earned eventually after doing enough healing (like 3k points of healing?). Things like that. or maybe a lesser version if that would conflict with background coding when things like that are brought up in conversation.

But at the end of the day it's not a big deal I won't die without it or anything but I suppose I just want to preserve my background while maybe swapping to a more suited passive somehow or gain at least one other down the line.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Unless you have a time machine, you can't change your past (and if you do, watch out for paradoxes!) so no, you can't change your background. The game will always assume you have the same background regardless of what you do with class respeccing.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
ok cool good to know thanks. just need to see if i'm even wearing heavy armor at the moment then honestly lol...