Does Broodmother Exist?

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
In the design doc for the lapinara pregnancy, it states that you can get the broodmother perk through it. Does that exist in game?

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
The perk exists. I think gablini TF can give it. Idk about the lapinara preg, I haven't had a character get enough of those yet. Judging by some of the post-birth text, probably.

Orange

Oct 2, 2015
Judging by the fact you can get the broodmother-only scene without the perk, it seems like it was cut out for the release.

it74HPCaSq_St9WQC6PPfQ.png

EzJToRiZQPG5lLynbP5wVA.png

Fenoxo did mention he pared it down a bit in the blog post.

you need to give birth like 10 times i think.

That was the requirement for it in CoC, dont think it counts here
The perk exists. I think gablini TF can give it.

Goblinola can only give Fecund figure and Cybernetic Synchronization. Unless extra perks were added.

*UPDATE*

Seems like the broodmother check is actually in the game, but there's currently no way of getting the perk. Maybe Fenoxo is planning on adding it later?

SarbAbssTdGwvLoTM-8KIA.png

Last edited:

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
*UPDATE*

Seems like the broodmother check is actually in the game, but there's currently no way of getting the perk. Maybe Fenoxo is planning on adding it later?

SarbAbssTdGwvLoTM-8KIA.png
inb4 its never added

Reactions: Orange

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully implemented for the next release.

The perk should raise the mother's offspring multiplier by 50% and doubles the maximum potential offspring for a pregnancy. Although, keep in mind that some pregnancies are written in such a way where they have an exclusive number of births (like the psychic tentacle and the korgonne babies are both limited to 1 per pregnancy, and most egg-training related incubations have a specific number set for them), so those pregnancies should remain unaffected by the Broodmoter perk.

The perk should be gained right after that paragraph, when the character's lapinara training is level 4 or higher. The edit should also apply the post-birthing effects (heat gain, fertility bonuses and orifice stretching) to a lapinara-related birth in the nursery.

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Huh, I was wondering if this got cut.

Man, I just fixed my Steele's super-duper hips too. :negativeman:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Hopefully implemented for the next release.

(like the psychic tentacle and the korgonne babies are both limited to 1 per pregnancy, and most egg-training related incubations have a specific number set for them)

Why are Korgonne limited to only 1 pup per birth? The sex scenes with the males seems to imply that they want to knock you up with multiple puppies, is it just them saying something they think is sexy to say?

Side question, if I already went through the Lapinara pregnancy and got the scene described above, do I have to get pregnant again to get the perk?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Why are Korgonne limited to only 1 pup per birth? The sex scenes with the males seems to imply that they want to knock you up with multiple puppies, is it just them saying something they think is sexy to say?

Side question, if I already went through the Lapinara pregnancy and got the scene described above, do I have to get pregnant again to get the perk?
It is just how the korgonne pregnancy and birth scenes are written at the moment. If the pregnancy is updated to support multiple children then this may change.

To get the perk, the lapinara training level has to be at least level 4 (which triggers the scene), so getting the scene again should trigger gaining the perk. This too may change in the future since I'm told that having Broodmother from just one kind of pregnancy is a bit unbalanced.

Orange

Oct 2, 2015
It is just how the korgonne pregnancy and birth scenes are written at the moment. If the pregnancy is updated to support multiple children then this may change.

To get the perk, the lapinara training level has to be at least level 4 (which triggers the scene), so getting the scene again should trigger gaining the perk. This too may change in the future since I'm told that having Broodmother from just one kind of pregnancy is a bit unbalanced.

Can we maybe just have that perk stay in place till a better alternative is ready for implementation? While it shouldn't be gained solely from Lapinara, I'd imagine a lot of people would just be happy there's already some way of achieving the perk.

That and i don't think it really gives players any gamebreaking advantages?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Can we maybe just have that perk stay in place till a better alternative is ready for implementation? While it shouldn't be gained solely from Lapinara, I'd imagine a lot of people would just be happy there's already some way of achieving the perk.

That and i don't think it really gives players any gamebreaking advantages?
It doesn't but Fenoxo wants to hold it off until there is a more catch-all way of attaining it that would be more relevant to pregnancy in general. Having it limited to one route isn't ideal. The lapinara path may be reactivated once that is written and implemented.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Well if I my Steele could claim social benefits for all the kids she has...
Given that Steele is very likely to become so rich that they're in a top percentage of society that is typed out in scientific notation, I don't think you qualify for social benefits.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Given that Steele is very likely to become so rich that they're in a top percentage of society that is typed out in scientific notation, I don't think you qualify for social benefits.
Pre-inheritance you could totally get away with it

Orange

Oct 2, 2015
Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer, but at least the perk is already technically in the game!

Also worth noting that a bunch of pregnancy content has been updated to work with said perk, so i'm sure we can expect it's return soon!

gWRLWStAS5eIDoWFYc6lYg.png

klckznQaR2SN1SPE7GqTqQ.png

Last edited: