Does anyone else stick with the "canon" names for some of the children?

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
No, never. If I'm given the option to name a kid or other character I'm going to come up with a name for them. And I think I'm pretty good at coming up with good character names.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
I tend to use the default names. It makes keeping track of the character easier in my head when I'm talking to other people on the forum about the game.

Plus in the scene with Aileh if you choose the name she suggests (the default) you get a bit of extra dialogue where she's extra happy that you went with the name she suggested. I don't know if its the same for other characters but I enjoy the little stuff like that.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Same reasoning as Cannibal Cravings, I went with default names on my main character. I have not gotten to any births on my Dark Knight (also cause Ahmri is not happy with the decision I made) but I intend to go custom names on that play-thru in order to also potentially find any typos where the writer may have forgotten to use the name parser and just wrote the default name accidently. But that's for future me to encounter.

ForeverLurker

Feb 9, 2022
I liked the name Freya so it stayed. I don't know of any other child characters I can father to name.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
in order to also potentially find any typos where the writer may have forgotten to use the name parser
Are you the actual person who goes through and fixes that stuff or do you just find the errors and then pass them up the chain?

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Are you the actual person who goes through and fixes that stuff or do you just find the errors and then pass them up the chain?
No. I have to pass it up the chain like everyone else. Would that be easier on me then organizing all my screenshots and posting them? Yes. But they all get fixed semi-quickly.
It's not all altruism. It might be my OCD hounding me when I see a typo.

Reactions: Cannibal Cravings

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Funny all the characters with name able children name begins with A
There's also Liv's first daughter

also potentially find any typos where the writer may have forgotten to use the name parser and just wrote the default name accidently. But that's for future me to encounter.
I know I've seen at least one in one of the scenes with Atani's daughter. These are pretty rare though I think.

ForeverLurker

Feb 9, 2022
There's also Liv's first daughter

I know I've seen at least one in one of the scenes with Atani's daughter. These are pretty rare though I think.
I forgot Liv I never got her preg content to trigger. Thought it was all in my head.

Jackal2

Jul 26, 2023
I always stick with the default names. Aside from just liking them if there's some stuff I need to look up on the wiki about them later on I haven't screwed myself.

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
I named Aileh's kid Kiha in the hopes that there would be some kind of easter egg, but upon seeing there wasn't I just stick with default names now.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
I enjoy the default names.

But I also stick with default names because there is less chance for glitchy shenanigans.

I'm pretty sure they have all since been patched, but there was Definitely a time where your child changed names.