Do you think the ratio of furry to non-furry content is balanced?

Do you think the amount of furry content is balanced?

• Yeah, it seems pretty balanced.

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • No, I'd like to see more content that excludes furry things.

Votes: 36 52.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Polls, suggestions, conversations and the forums/discord in general are pretty irrelevant on determining interest, anyway. For example, there was sixty votes on this poll. There was probably sixty unique hits on the Fenblog in a hour. Maybe.

Still, drop in the pond etc.

Fleep

Oct 24, 2018
Polls, suggestions, conversations and the forums/discord in general are pretty irrelevant on determining interest, anyway. For example, there was sixty votes on this poll. There was probably sixty unique hits on the Fenblog in a hour. Maybe.

Even if the sample is not that big you can't deny there's a seemingly strong demand for not furry conten (be it human content or alien content). I personally don't mind too much the furry thing since this game is text based and my imagination can ignore the parts i don't like (like paws) but I think it should be something to keep in mind nonetheless.

_Swish

Apr 17, 2019
I'm decidedly neutral on the subject. Even being into furry stuff, I do recognize that TiTS could stand to include more truly alien content to stay true to the concept of being about space and aliens. On the other hand, I also recognize the devs have the right to focus their time not spent on coding and reviewing the content of others on writing content that personally appeals to them rather than writing to fulfil the hard-to-interpret desires of the community (for sure, they can't take the relatively few participants of this thread as a representative example of what people want). If people want more non-furry content, they can write it or commission someone to -- unless they can't write or pay that much, which leaves them kind of high and dry. The argument could go either way.

Dinaverg

Sep 20, 2017
Even if the sample is not that big you can't deny there's a seemingly strong demand for not furry conten (be it human content or alien content). I personally don't mind too much the furry thing since this game is text based and my imagination can ignore the parts i don't like (like paws) but I think it should be something to keep in mind nonetheless.
But a) no one knows what that demand supposedly is for? As noted, Ausars have very little actual fur and human faces. so, more slut puppies is a reasonable conclusion. How would they know if it's paws that you don't like? What -exactly- is anyone suppose to 'keep in mind' about this? b) I for one haven't even voted, and would probably vote for more furry content, legitimately or just out of spite. how many other people would do the same? we don't know. but I know there's a lot more than 60 views for this thread alone. even with repetition, the number of unique views is certain high enough to completely change the result.

In conclusion, the poll is shit and any conclusion you draw from it is mostly your own biases made manifest.

Last edited:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
But a) know one knows what that demand supposedly is for? As noted, Ausars have very little actual fur and human faces. so, more slut puppies is a reasonable conclusion. How would they know if it's paws that you don't like? What -exactly- is anyone suppose to 'keep in mind' about this? b) I for one haven't even voted, and would probably vote for more furry content, legitimately or just out of spite. how many other people would do the same? we don't know. but I know there's a lot more than 60 views for this thread alone. even with repetition, the number of unique views is certain high enough to completely change the result.

In conclusion, the poll is shit and any conclusion you draw from it is mostly your own biases made manifest.
Seconded.

_Swish

Apr 17, 2019
But a) no one knows what that demand supposedly is for? As noted, Ausars have very little actual fur and human faces. so, more slut puppies is a reasonable conclusion. How would they know if it's paws that you don't like? What -exactly- is anyone suppose to 'keep in mind' about this? b) I for one haven't even voted, and would probably vote for more furry content, legitimately or just out of spite. how many other people would do the same? we don't know. but I know there's a lot more than 60 views for this thread alone. even with repetition, the number of unique views is certain high enough to completely change the result.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Even apart from my own neutrality on the subject, I didn't include that in my post because the shittiness of the poll was self-evident. It would almost be insulting to point that out, like pointing out the existence of the sky. But I don't feel that the poll's blatant bias can be used to dismiss the relative lack of content containing true aliens-- the fact that they're arguing and supporting their point badly doesn't mean there's not at least some truth under there.

That being said, devs spend their time how they want.

Fleep

Oct 24, 2018
How would they know if it's paws that you don't like? What -exactly- is anyone suppose to 'keep in mind' about this?
Paws were just an example of things that i don't like so I chose to ignore, I wasn't implying they should read everyone's mind to see what they like, just mentioning how in my case i take advantage of how the game is and chose to ignore the parts I personally don't like (mentioning paws as an example). And about what they should "keep in mind" I was just refering to the fact that there's a seemingly strong demand for human or other alien content.

Even lacking the "i would like to see more furry content" (something that's gonna happen anyway) you can't deny there is enough people who wants more variety to be something to keep in mind.

I also see @_Swish point, logically, devs will pay more attention to things they like most and that's something and I agree with that, but it doesn't harm anyone to be concious of things some people would like to see.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017

wait WHAT? the whole idea of a forum is to have feedback and ideas
if polls, suggestions, conversations and discussions are irrelevant why keep a forum at all?
If devs and writers start to come around stating that "It is irrelevant" basically stating that they don't care about their community
why would the community keep, or even more people, want to contribute supporting patreon ?

Dinaverg

Sep 20, 2017
if polls, suggestions, conversations and discussions are irrelevant why keep a forum at all?
If devs and writers start to come around stating that "It is irrelevant" basically stating that they don't care about their community
why would the community keep, or even more people, want to contribute supporting patreon ?

If the feedback and ideas aren't delivered in a meaningful, relevant, or manageable way, it's irrelevant to the writers and designers. For that, they have a submission pipeline for content.

We get to use the forum to ask questions and maybe play some fun/dumb forum games like 'describe your steele' or 'kinksame or kinkshame'.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015

It's a Good question I ask about this forum. I really want tits to be a cool game that listens to it's community and listens to the people when they want different things, but over time I felt that it's drifted from that to something else. Content delayed for years that even some of the people believing will never come, stuff that people want but will probably or most likely never get, and feeling that the whole team isn't a team but just people doing their own thing till they believe it's enough to call it an end, one of the biggest examples is the fact most if not alot of the writers and artist have a pateron here while working or writing stuff for Fen.

Before someone claims that I'm just a troll or something, for me it hurts to see something that has oceans of potienal just not even care and focus on one solitary thing and keep running with it instead of experimenting and trying new things. One of the things that I constantly see on the forums is people always telling others."If you want it in the game write it yourself." Even when half the time there are people who do write aren't well enough to do it, have no time to do it and have English as like their second or third language and there's nothing wrong with telling people to write their ideas but the real problem is the time it would probably take to get it in. I don't mean that in a day's time you should expect Fen to read the stuff and say it's good to go, but it's from what I can only tell to be like months to almost a Year.

And if it ain't that it's the people who say "com it" and that still runs the first problem of the wait but then it also means you gotta both have something that goes with the requirements of what the writer is willing to write, You want MxM, you better hope the writer is alright with writing that. You want Mpreg? You better hope the writer is gonna do it.

Sorry for the rant, but it's not just Furries or "Furries" it's a lot of problems not just in the forums.

Reactions: Ch0w

Dinaverg

Sep 20, 2017
if you think forums are meant only for memes and "last post wins" threads.
Then good for you, but not
I mean, go ahead and try to use it the way you think it should be used, and I'll just...sit here and watch none of those things happen?

Dinaverg

Sep 20, 2017
but that's my point, that's the problem...
Eh. Again, polls and forum discussions really aren't a reasonable way to expect the people making the game to learn 'what people want' (-especially- not this poll/discussion). You're just going to spend five minutes tops making a post and expect a writer to come in and dedicate a month to whatever thing you kinda vaguely seem to have wanted at the time? Again. there's a pipeline for ideas and submissions. if you want things to be in the game, use it.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017

Don't get ahead of yourself, that's not what Magic_Ted was saying.
I don't know what the member count on the forum is, but its probably at least several hundred and probably closer to a couple of thousand. Which means that a poll doesn't really tell you that much. Especially when you have a poll like the one here that is inherently skewed by the choices. So sixty votes on a poll like that won't tell you anything actually useful. That actual information is irrelevant and irrelevant in the sense that it doesn't say anything useful.

When you do research regarding something like, in this instance, furries, you need to understand that you're talking to a large group of people but more importantly you're talking to varying tastes. And not everyone is going to vote for whatever reason. Especially in this instance with a poll as skewed as that. Realistically, you would want to gauge the levels of acceptance and what tastes people had. For example, a proper poll would have options like this:
Do you think the level of Furry Content is balanced?
- Yes
- No
- No real opinion

A more definitive poll would be more like:
- Yes, I think the level is balanced for my tastes.
- Yes, but I think there could be a little more tweaking.
- No, but I think that the content is getting closer to balanced.
- No, I think there's too much furry content.
- No, I think there's too little furry content.
- Furry content isn't really my thing, but it doesn't interfere with my playing the game.
- I don't have any real opinion.

You might not get as many votes on that second poll, but the information you're getting is still more valuable and informative than an already skewed poll.

Dinaverg

Sep 20, 2017
I don't know what the member count on the forum is, but its probably at least several hundred and probably closer to a couple of thousand. Which means that a poll doesn't really tell you that much. Especially when you have a poll like the one here that is inherently skewed by the choices. So sixty votes on a poll like that won't tell you anything actually useful. That actual information is irrelevant and irrelevant in the sense that it doesn't say anything useful.

When you do research regarding something like, in this instance, furries, you need to understand that you're talking to a large group of people but more importantly you're talking to varying tastes. And not everyone is going to vote for whatever reason. Especially in this instance with a poll as skewed as that. Realistically, you would want to gauge the levels of acceptance and what tastes people had. For example, a proper poll would have options like this:
- Yes
- No
- No real opinion

- Furry content isn't really my thing, but it doesn't interfere with my playing the game.

You might not get as many votes on that second poll, but the information you're getting is still more valuable and informative than an already skewed poll.

While we're at it, we don't all seem to have the same opinion of what is furry (are they just 'kemonomimi') or what it is about furry that people might like or dislike (face v. muzzle? paws?), so you'd have to go even deeper for an actionable conclusion.

And then, from that conclusion, -someone- is still going to actually have to write something, so there's no getting around that part.

Reactions: Athena and Evil

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015

- Yes
- No
- No real opinion

Also, polls get used by individual writers to help determine their next big project, and community feedback helps shape those projects. Things like, "What Content Would You Like Added" can actually help a writer decide they want to add something to a character, or even a whole new character, the forums are far from irrelevant.

But when a writer simply does not want to write something they're not into, or doesn't want to stop writing something they are into, you can't do anything about it, and that's fine. You get "write it yourself" because nobody else wants to write it, whether they have too much backlog, too many irl problems, or simply don't wanna write something they don't personally enjoy. And that's pretty reasonable in my opinion.

And to be honest, I feel like "write it yourself" is used a ton for forum newbies that try to sell a writer some grandiose content idea that would take way too much effort and probably suck.

Reactions: Athena and Evil

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015

To put in in addition perspective, here;

This ugly and bad poll has 69 (nice) votes on it. Sixty nine users on the forums have chimed in one way or another. Those are probably sixty nine individual people, as I doubt someone is going to multi-account to run around for it and there's probably an autodetect IP for polls or something but I don't really caaaare.

The TiTs patreon has 6170 users committing some amount of funds to it, ignoring all the freebies. Any given forums discussion is a petty drop in the bucket that generates very little as far as community feedback goes, it's at best used to mingle on lower key projects for review and editing and just in general being a community. Heck, the noisy discord has two thousand people online from a glance right now. As a result, any feedback here is pretty much irrelevant in the greater scope of someone's wants or critique, at least as far as "but this is what the community wants" and actually changing anything goes, anyway.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
To put in in addition perspective, here;

This ugly and bad poll has 69 (nice) votes on it. Sixty nine users on the forums have chimed in one way or another. Those are probably sixty nine individual people, as I doubt someone is going to multi-account to run around for it and there's probably an autodetect IP for polls or something but I don't really caaaare.

The TiTs patreon has 6170 users committing some amount of funds to it, ignoring all the freebies. Any given forums discussion is a petty drop in the bucket that generates very little as far as community feedback goes, it's at best used to mingle on lower key projects for review and editing and just in general being a community. Heck, the noisy discord has two thousand people online from a glance right now. As a result, any feedback here is pretty much irrelevant in the greater scope of someone's wants or critique, at least as far as "but this is what the community wants" and actually changing anything goes, anyway.

By that logic then could you name for me any forum, of any game, where the whole player base or even the whole subscribers are actually the same number of active forum members? None

Still games and devs try to take into account discussions among the community.
Does that means that they will actually do exactly what people are asking, not at all.
But they never say "forums/discussions are irrelevant" even when it's fake.
Otherwise back to my initial point, whats the reasoning of having a forum or means of communications if nothing is taken into account and everything is dismissed ?

"I don't really caaaare." great, that's great to know

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Did...did you actually read what people have said?

Because its not "they don't care", its they hear a constant cacophony of noise, voices and opinions. And when you get a topic like this that was inherently biased to begin with or doesn't offer anything constructive, then some times its better to just wash your hands of the thread. But its not a case of "well, the plebs have spoken, time to ignore them."

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
Did...did you actually read what people have said?

Because its not "they don't care", its they hear a constant cacophony of noise, voices and opinions. And when you get a topic like this that was inherently biased to begin with or doesn't offer anything constructive, then some times its better to just wash your hands of the thread. But its not a case of "well, the plebs have spoken, time to ignore them."
i agree that the whole poll could have been better formulated,
and that the whole post derailed as the original question was basically - if people were tired from too many cats/dogs and wanted more of other races -
still, it's bad phrasing/thinking when you address community in such way "don't care/it's irrelevant because it's not everyone complaining"

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Tbh I don't even see why this thread is still kicking, it's like that one animal that didn't die from the first blow to the head and is still suffering in agony.

I see this mostly as they don't give much of a fuck about the community unless it's got money thrown at them, would be nice if Fen threw up some polls once in a while and asked what people want on the next planet and not just on pateron if he's not just doing it there just saying, others play the game, and some others gave money but don't have the money to keep giving over time.

Doesn't hurt to cater to the small minor group that doesn't want a certain thing.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Ted's not even a dev.

The poll was bad and its maker should feel bad.

The forum makes up a small and non-representative part of the player base. We do read it, though. However, all feedback venues (blog comments, discord, patreon, forum, etc.) are weighed against each other; if everyone on one specific forum thread says something, it doesn't mean that the majority of players agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.