Do you think the ratio of furry to non-furry content is balanced?

Do you think the amount of furry content is balanced?

• Yeah, it seems pretty balanced.

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • No, I'd like to see more content that excludes furry things.

Votes: 36 52.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khloe

Jun 26, 2018
Or do you feel as if more normal humanoid races and TFs would be something that is in short supply? Note when I say 'normal' and 'humanoid' I mean basically anything without fur/scales and a muzzle. I ask this question because the last similar thing I had posted showed me that surprisingly a lot of people who play this game aren't as gung-ho about all the furry stuff as I was previously left to believe.

TiTSFan

Jan 25, 2019
I personally don't think the term "Furry" really applies to TiTS. What we have in TiTS is either humans or aliens who have modded themselves into anthropomorphic animals, OR aliens who are naturally anthropomorphic animals, OR near human aliens with some animalistic features such as Ausar and Kaithrit. A "Furry" is someone who is, as it was put in an episode of Futurama, "a cross-species dresser".

At least, that's how I see it. Hopefully, I did not offend anyone with this post, if I did, I apologize as that was not my intent.

Obscure

Sep 13, 2015
Feel like that would drive a lot of people away tbh.

Everyone who hates knotted dog dick and/or massive horse cock are already gone.

I don't think you can get them back by just by limiting muzzle morphology or dog taco.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
In TiTSverse, furry and xenophilia are different kinks. You can see it in the Jade/Sera feud (at least, from Sera's point of view!). What I don't like is when you get alien races that are outright furries (or "x in SPACE!", such as thraggen being Spehs Blizzard Orcs). Which may be related with...

interesting alien species that are also sexy
Sexiness is relative and I don't care for "standard" sexiness. I know I'm in the minority, though. Especially as I know that certain contents will be largely neglected unless people are creative and put their money/writing where their mouth is.

Khloe

Jun 26, 2018
Everyone who hates knotted dog dick and/or massive horse cock are already gone.

I don't think you can get them back by just by limiting muzzle morphology or dog taco.
That's not true, furry stuff is heavily unsettling to me but the quality of the game is what keeps me coming back.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Sorry, but why is furry stuff unsettling to you?

Also, personally, I don't see the genitals as specifically Furry, just not human. I guess I'm too open by normal standards though, since there are apparently a ton of people who would not sleep with someone if they had a dog's genitals.

Reactions: Kesil

Alyeska

Nov 3, 2018
Your quiz is kinda skewed to one side, as thoes who would want more furry content are unable to say so. I find this to create an uncomfortable siduation, as I am forced to take a stand against, just by how your quiz thing is worded.
Personaly I would enjoy more furry content. Things other than cats and dogs and horses and bovines would be cool. Emagine a race of reindeer running around?
I do have to agree, creating an alien race that is personable, and sexualy attractive can be extreamly difacult. On the other hand, I know there are people that find the alien from that one monster movie with the face rape impregnation thing to be the hotist thing ever.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Furries are already distinctly in the minority. You're not going to convince Fen, an ardent Furry, to include even fewer.

The idea of a content "balance" is also never going to happen no matter what kind of content you want more or less of. People write what they want to write.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Furries and kemono are a distinction without a difference imo and trying to claim that the game is diverse by being a 45%/45% split (the remaining 10% is humans/aliens) is seriously misguided.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Furries and kemono are a distinction without a difference imo and trying to claim that the game is diverse by being a 45%/45% split (the remaining 10% is humans/aliens) is seriously misguided.

Never before has one man been so wrong.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
I really don't see any problem with the game. If there's content I don't like I just stay out of it, because most scenes give you a nope option or you can just skip it. There doesn't seem to be a problem between furry and none furry. Most enemies and allies in game are actually split between furry and none furry. In the end there's really no problem with the game with it's current build other than content being left for dead by their authors leaving. Also dick girls are shemales and it's a personal preference, it's not bad because you don't like it and Savin told you off as wrong. People man we just want to have a fun time while others don't.

wallysquid93

Feb 21, 2019
There is alot of furry content but I am okay with it. Like someone said before, more alien like races would be cool and out of personal want, I would love more aquatic themed transforms.

Reactions: Foxxling

Khloe

Jun 26, 2018
Your quiz is kinda skewed to one side, as thoes who would want more furry content are unable to say so. I find this to create an uncomfortable siduation, as I am forced to take a stand against, just by how your quiz thing is worded.
Personaly I would enjoy more furry content. Things other than cats and dogs and horses and bovines would be cool. Emagine a race of reindeer running around?
I do have to agree, creating an alien race that is personable, and sexualy attractive can be extreamly difacult. On the other hand, I know there are people that find the alien from that one monster movie with the face rape impregnation thing to be the hotist thing ever.
The reason I didn't include that option is because I'm not interested in seeing more.

Khloe

Jun 26, 2018
It's like you're intentionally trying to be wrong
Opinions can't be wrong, I don't think dickgirls suck but I'm getting ever increasingly tired of them.
For instance, I play Final Fantasy XIV (The MMO one if you're not aware of what that is) and the server I roleplay on is flooded with catgirls with dicks that it's just become normal and bland.
Not to say dickgirls can't be done well but most people imagine up their characters to where their entire personality is based around having said donger.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Meh... Personally I'd prefer a sci-fi to have much less human-with-prosthetic sorts of interactions. Actual furries in the game are minimal, whereas the majority of races that are actual aliens can be attributed to being some sort of earth-animal-species-analogue of the same sort of physical form/appearance as the anthros you'd find commonly in the furry fandom.

I want strange forms, weird bodies, nearly incomprehensible genital shapes and functions. That could just be me though.

Khloe

Jun 26, 2018
Furries are already distinctly in the minority. You're not going to convince Fen, an ardent Furry, to include even fewer.

The idea of a content "balance" is also never going to happen no matter what kind of content you want more or less of. People write what they want to write.
See, I just don't see that being true.
I would say yes because Fen is a huge furry that this game actually does have a bias towards furry content and while yes I would be pleased to see more diverse content the goal of this social experiment was never meant to change Fen's mind about anything I'm not about trying to make people stop liking the things they like. Furry stuff isn't my bag, it actually is pretty unsettling to me but it's not my place to tell people to stop liking it.

Khloe

Jun 26, 2018
Meh... Personally I'd prefer a sci-fi to have much less human-with-prosthetic sorts of interactions. Actual furries in the game are minimal, whereas the majority of races that are actual aliens can be attributed to being some sort of earth-animal-species-analogue of the same sort of physical form/appearance as the anthros you'd find commonly in the furry fandom.

I want strange forms, weird bodies, nearly incomprehensible genital shapes and functions. That could just be me though.
In my last forum post that was similar in concept to this I found out that people actually enjoyed the monster girl type races over the ones that would generally TF them into something that would be considered furry.

Losing the humanoid face is a big deal for a lot of people it seems, I thought I was in the minority thinking that but I was pleasantly surprised.

Khloe

Jun 26, 2018
Sorry, but why is furry stuff unsettling to you?

Also, personally, I don't see the genitals as specifically Furry, just not human. I guess I'm too open by normal standards though, since there are apparently a ton of people who would not sleep with someone if they had a dog's genitals.
Oh no, I've never had an issue with exotic genitals. It's specifically when you lose the human face is when I start to get unsettled.
Character's like Penny and nearly all of Canadia station etc is what I was talking about.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Opinions can't be wrong
Sorry for bringing an ad absurdum argument here but I just want to put it out that opinions can most definitely be wrong. Someone of the opinion that gravity or a force that pulls things inwards doesn't exist can gladly jump off a building to prove us wrong, but they won't, because their opinion is wrong.

In the case of dickgirls, shemales, feminine men with tits, whatever you want to call that particular configuration, many people like them but there are also just as many if not more people who dislike them. This doesn't mean that if they're more disliked than liked that they are actually bad, and neither are they particularly the best there ever was either. In the case of an opinion being of the like/dislike/indifferent triad though, yes, an opinion can't be wrong.

In my last forum post that was similar in concept to this I found out that people actually enjoyed the monster girl type races over the ones that would generally TF them into something that would be considered furry.

Losing the humanoid face is a big deal for a lot of people it seems, I thought I was in the minority thinking that but I was pleasantly surprised.
I like human faces too, I am human after all. It's just that in a sci-fi I expect less human features. I guess a lot of people find it jarring to think about screwing something not human. Only natural of course, they are human after all and the natural state of human sexual preferences is for their partner to be as human as possible. Essentially, like them.

Last edited:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Oh no, I've never had an issue with exotic genitals. It's specifically when you lose the human face is when I start to get unsettled.
Character's like Penny and nearly all of Canadia station etc is what I was talking about.
That's pretty fair, I suppose. The way anthropomorphic characters' faces are drawn in cartoons is deceptively human most times, so it's easy to forget that it wouldn't be closer to Mr. Peanutbutter.

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
What I would personally love to see are more fully realized characters, period. I don't care if they're human, furry, or more classically alien in design, the characters' race should act as a secondary complement to their personality and what they have to offer from a gameplay perspective, not their primary feature. I do think content it weighted a little too heavily towards the furry side right now, especially after the recent major Korg'ii Hold expansion and the multiple upcoming Laquine expansions, but it's not so drastic that the writers should purposefully NOT write furry content or anything like that. Just let them write what they feel motivated to write if you want to get the best results. That being said, it wouldn't hurt for prospective writers to keep in mind that there's a lot of furry content already in the game and they'd probably have better chances of getting a character implemented if it stood out more, but I don't think they should change their work one way or another just because of popular demand.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
This, exactly 100% this.

Status
Not open for further replies.