Do you prefer melee or ranged combat and whats your favorite weapon?

Seeker12789

Jan 2, 2016
What it says in the title. I prefer ranged and I find the Trench shotgun my personal favorite(though steele must be using some crazy space age ammo if she's got 23-25 accuracy with a shotgun)

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Ranged, looking forward to the Tachyon Cannon but currently use the Salamander Rifle. I actually like the kinetic weapons better but I chose Techie so...

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Ranged, looking forward to the Tachyon Cannon but currently use the Salamander Rifle. I actually like the kinetic weapons better but I chose Techie so...

I heard through the grapevine that the Tachyon Cannon is a remnant of an abandoned power armour project- left on the wiki to serve as a reminder. So you might be waiting on that weapon forever.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
MP only removes the innate flurry penalty (something crazy like 60% miss chance), it doesn't actually increase accuracy. So it can miss just like any other gun. Total matrix moment if all shots miss though.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
I heard through the grapevine that the Tachyon Cannon is a remnant of an abandoned power armour project- left on the wiki to serve as a reminder. So you might be waiting on that weapon forever.

Tachyon Laser Beam is in the wiki because it's in the game files. It was used to test the (then) new system of weapons dealing multiple types of damage, and was obtainable through the debug room for a while.

I prefer ranged for smugglers and techies, because walking up to big space bogeys and hitting them with a stick sounds a bit weird. Mercenaries can be great at either, so I use both (with different characters). Secure MP is cool enough that I don't mind it being the best ranged weapon, and lava sword is stupid enough to be cool.

Also, the description of the Salamander Pistol just makes me think of the Duck Hunt gun (as it's presumably meant to).

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Is it possible to save edit the Tachyon Laser into your inventory?

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
I dunno much about save editing, but since the weapon exists, I imagine it should be. No guarantee it won't break your current or future saves, though.

The names are a bit funky (by which I mean misspelled):

this.shortName = "Tach. Beam";

this.longName = "tacyhon beam laser";

this.description = "a tacyhon beam laser gun";

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Yeah, seems to have broken my saves. I get Error 1065

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Not that surprising, since the item in question is two combat overhauls out of date (and was never intended for use in the actual game anyway).

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I'm pretty bummed though since the main type of energy weapon I like are the Heavy Beam Cannon types as opposed to the typical laser blasters.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Melee, because I've made a kui-tan Smuggler and couldn't resist specing into Spess Ninja.

Tavria's Spear is an awesome trophy and Vamp Blade wrecks high-tech enemies, so it's a tie between these two.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Charm, when possible. As tech, I prefer to fight smarter, not harder, and my regenerating heavy shields can provide abyss of time to tease. When it comes to battle - burning-based energy gun (Emmy's Best Rifle now) as main weapon and electric-based blade (Vamp Blade now) as side-arm. And Gravidic Disruptor as ace in a hole in case of isolated and insulated enemy.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Charm, when possible. As tech, I prefer to fight smarter, not harder, and my regenerating heavy shields can provide abyss of time to tease. When it comes to battle - burning-based energy gun (Emmy's Best Rifle now) as main weapon and electric-based blade (Vamp Blade now) as side-arm. And Gravidic Disruptor as ace in a hole in case of isolated and insulated enemy.

Less on the charm for me as I try to end battles quickly but otherwise same for me, Range first with Emmy's supped up rifle and vamp blade.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Melee, whenever we get to fighting a giant space metal gear I want to take it down the most low tech way possible. Like when my Mercenary destroyed the machine in the fungal caves by headbutting it.

DragonRanger

Aug 28, 2015
For now, I prefer Ranged weaponry just because there's more variety.  Melee is only so interesting when the majority of your options are varying sizes of blades on sticks.

The Salamander Rifle is my go-to blaster of choice, though I still hold out hope that the Fantasia Foundry Jim submitted will be added eventually.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Less on the charm for me as I try to end battles quickly but otherwise same for me, Range first with Emmy's supped up rifle and vamp blade.

Teasing is actually devastating in most cases when maxed.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Slut Ray is pretty fun with Volley

Eyero

Sep 27, 2015
Predominantly? Seduction. I'd prefer my bedmates to be willing without beating seven kinds of crap out of them beforehand (and that WOULD take some doing, as up until now, I've only discovered six kinds of crap).

For the few fights I can't manslut my way out of, I'll simply grab the nearest blunt object and apply it directly to their forehead for as many times as is necessary for them to stop trying to murder the fuck out of me.

Last edited by a moderator:

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015

I have no problem teasing my way out of things since all my tease skills are maxed by the first planet, combined with pheromone cloud, a total of 11 sexiness from my items, and 8 mimbranes. I need at most 4 teases to get through any encounter. I just have to actually shoot at bots lol.

ranger101

Oct 14, 2015
Ranged with the ZK Rifle or the Nova Rifle or for a Mercenary the Primitive Bow for style. Hope we get more simple weapon s in the future. If playing a melee character the Vanae Spear or Dane' s Electro sword.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Fair enough to all those who own me in the teasing department, I guess it would be more accurate to say I just like shooting things :p

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
 like shooting some folk quite a lot, others I can't bear shooting

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Ranged weaponry, d'uh. And if I could pick a weapon to use (if stats played no role) I'd be rocking the Holdout Hammer Pistol.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
For now, I prefer Ranged weaponry just because there's more variety.  Melee is only so interesting when the majority of your options are varying sizes of blades on sticks.

The Salamander Rifle is my go-to blaster of choice, though I still hold out hope that the Fantasia Foundry Jim submitted will be added eventually.

Alas, I have been discovered.  I was secretly Jim all along.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Alas, I have been discovered.  I was secretly Jim all along.

Lies! Jim was always you! You just got tired of pretending to be Jim, hence why he disappeared for a "vacation". (No but seriously, I'm also still rooting for you and the Fantasia Foundry, great piece of writing that needs to be in already)