Do all ships have the same storage capacity of 30 now?

Ferwul73

Oct 7, 2017
I swear the ships used to have different storage capacities.

Also, in the stats it says I have a storage capacity of 10, but I'm getting a storage capacity of 30. This is on a brand-new character using the online player, too.

I'm assuming there was some kind of game balance change that I am unaware of.

Save-editing the storageLimits array changes what you see on the ship purchase screen, but the stats page gets its numbers from the independent variables wardrobeSizeRaw etc.

The function that seems to hard-code storage limits seems to be

JavaScript:
function o() {
    var e, a;
    return (0, r.Z)(this, o), (a = t.call(this)).storageLimits = (e = {}, (0, i.Z)(e, w.Ec.Wardrobe, 30), (0, i.Z)(e, w.Ec.Equipment, 30), (0, i.Z)(e, w.Ec.Consumables, 30), (0, i.Z)(e, w.Ec.Valuables, 30), (0, i.Z)(e, w.Ec.Toys, 30), e), a
}

EDIT: Oh, I'm guessing it's to facilitate transitioning between ships.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    273.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
7-4-2022 said:
The ship inspect interface now lists the available storage spaces and categories of the ship- these might not yet be fully wired up to actually limit the stored items properly, but I don’t think we’ve ever really had any different values so I trust if we do, we’ll find out about it pretty quickly. (Lowercase_Donkey)
Almost certainly a bug. You're not misremembering, ships used to have different capacities. In fact, one of the selling points of the Clydesdale was it's huge storage (50). I doubt it's a balance concern, I'd bet most people have the unlimited crew capacity cheat on anyway.

Thiis has been reported before, but it's on page 41. I've been holding off on bumping it because it's a fairly low priority.

Last edited:

Ferwul73

Oct 7, 2017
Thanks, @Theron, for digging that blog post up. I can't seem to find the bug report you mentioned, though.

I'm fairly certain this is actually a bug. In Flash, buying Advanced Crew Quarters increases effective Crew capacity by 1. In JavaScript, it increases effective capacity by 2.

Just remember the Sidewinder has no weapons by default.

If you're recruiting Crew members as you go along (rather than waiting until after Zheng Shi), you'll run out of space fairly quickly. Unless you turn on Unlimited Crew Cheat.
Used to be that better ships had more Storage capacity. Z14 had 10/Category, highest was Clydesdale at 50. For whatever reason, all ships now have 30. Which does disincentivize upgrading.

I was able to beat the (optional) fight to enter Zheng Shi with a stock MS-XI. You're saying the Casstech Z14 can, too?

Oh hey, you mentioned this shortly before they posted that blog post, 9 months ago.

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
Yeah, like it says the Sidewinder is supposed to have a storage space of 30 but all caps out at 10, or I'm misremembering something.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Yeah, like it says the Sidewinder is supposed to have a storage space of 30 but all caps out at 10, or I'm misremembering something.
No, the bug was all ships had a capacity of 30, regardless of what they were supposed to have. This was supposedly fixed in 0.9.046, but there's a new bug. Or one I just noticed.
When buying/swapping ships, storage is set to 10.

Maybe you ran into it and that's what you're remembering.

Last edited:

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
No, the bug was all ships had a capacity of 30, regardless of what they were supposed to have. This was supposedly fixed in 0.9.046, but there's a new bug. Or one I just noticed.
When buying/swapping ships, storage is set to 10.

Maybe you ran into it and that's what you're remembering.
No, I had been using the Sidewinder as my main ship, but was just recently.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Update: It's actually a display bug. You can still store the expected amount. Credit to Resawar.