Distress Signals events

river_song25

May 12, 2016
How do you get the distress signal events to activate? My character is level 10, yet I haven't gotten a single distress signal event at al.

river_song25

May 12, 2016
They randomly occur when traveling between planets.
Thats the problem. I'm on day 2000, and the ONLY distress signal events I've encountered, is either with Kiro or that Ausar guy, and the one with Saendra.

No matter WHERE I go in space, no matter how many times I go to the different planets, NONE of the OTHER distress signal events have activated other than these two.

Even the events that the Wiki page says that I NEED to have my character at a specific level in order for the events to activate WON'T activate even though my character is all the way at level 10.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
These are the ones I know of:

Kiro
Saendra
Shizuya (after the Stellar Tether on Tarkus)
Zaalt (after level 6)
The Kashima Incident (Halloween, traveling to or from Myrellion)
The Event Whorizon (Halloween, technically not a distress call)

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
So here's something I never tried: is it possible to proc Zaalt's encounter without having completed Mhenga? My character is level 10 and I can't tell if it's just bad rng or you really do need to at least complete the first probe world to get access to Uveto.

A

Athena

So here's something I never tried: is it possible to proc Zaalt's encounter without having completed Mhenga? My character is level 10 and I can't tell if it's just bad rng or you really do need to at least complete the first probe world to get access to Uveto.

You're supposed to be able to do it. I'll admit, I've never gotten to level 6+ before beating Mhen'ga, though.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
You're supposed to be able to do it. I'll admit, I've never gotten to level 6+ before beating Mhen'ga, though.
So it's looking like that's a 'no'. Syri moved out when I hit level 9 but the Zaalt encounter won't proc and I've been flying between Tavros and Mhenga about 30+ times already.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Yes. I just did it, on a backup save that had never been to Myrellion.

A

Athena

So it's looking like that's a 'no'. Syri moved out when I hit level 9 but the Zaalt encounter won't proc and I've been flying between Tavros and Mhenga about 30+ times already.

I just tried it, and so far, I haven't gotten any distress calls despite being level 6. Not even Kiro, Shizuya, Saendra, and certainly not Zaalt. Is it supposed to work like that?

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I just tried it, and so far, I haven't gotten any distress calls despite being level 6. Not even Kiro, Shizuya, Saendra, and certainly not Zaalt. Is it supposed to work like that?
I mean, despite your levels taking on some of those calls would have you seriously under geared so I'm thinking yes? But I'm not sure.

Though a level 10 melee smuggler could stun lock their way to victory.

Reactions: Athena

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
I mean, despite your levels taking on some of those calls would have you seriously under geared so I'm thinking yes? But I'm not sure.

Though a level 10 melee smuggler could stun lock their way to victory.

Imagine Meadow sending out SOS and she's just got baby rabies and needs to get hyper pregnant before she can move on.

SOS - Need Babies!

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
To encounter Shizuya you need to have done the Stellar Tether, and haven't bypassed the message 5 times (it's a unique one mentioning nebulas).
Saendra, Kiro and Zaalt have a generic intro ('you're picking up a distress call, do you respond' kind of thing) and if you decline at that stage, you can get them again. If you decline after you've seen the call itself, they're gone forever.

Otherwise: random's gonna random.

Last edited:
Reactions: Athena
A

Athena

To encounter Shizuya you need to have done the Stellar Tether, and haven't bypassed the message 5 times (it's a unique one mentioning nebulas).
Saendra, Kiro and Zaalt have a generic intro ('you're picking up a distress call, do you respond' kind of thing) and if you decline at that stage, you can get them again. If you decline after you've seen the call itself, they're gone forever.

Otherwise: random's gonna random.

I actually didn't know you could get the distress call again if you decline to respond right away, thanks for the info. Sometimes I get Saendra's call right as I'm headed to Tarkus, that one is really hard if I don't have a way to attack multiple enemies at once. Now I don't have to worry about being caught off guard.