Discord Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
Hey all, I was banned from the discord about 20 minutes ago, and I discovered through DMs that it was because multiple people had complained about me. I'm sorry for anybody that I offended, annoyed, etc. I know that I can be abrasive at times and outright insufferable at others, but it's never my intention to be either. I don't do any of the things I do because I want to make people angry, I'm just an impulsive person and I wasn't careful enough about speaking my mind or thinking of how other people might construe the things I said. This thread is for two things, mostly in conjunction. Giving people the ability to tell me what it is I've done that you take issue with so that I can avoid it in the future, and as a request to return with the knowledge provided by those responses. Even if I'm not allowed back, I can at least possibly improve myself in some way. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it. Before we start though, I'd like to mention that it was brought up to me that at times people perceive me as kink-shaming. (Likely mostly herm related things I imagine) I apologize if I came across this way, as I wasn't trying to guilt or belittle anyone for liking anything in particular. I was simply lamenting the lack of content that I personally enjoyed in the least competent way possible. In general I'm aware of the fact that my attitude towards content I don't like has been unhealthy and disruptive, and if I'm allowed to return that would be the focal point of my attempt to correct myself. I can only hope that my willingness to admit my faults and try to do better is of some consolation to anyone who I've inadvertently antagonized.

Reactions: Alabaster Chimes

Zavos

May 7, 2016
You overdid it with the gay rage.

I'm pretty much your predecessor as gay malcontent in chief, but there are limits that I've come to terms with across my time in Fen's community. Namely, you don't try and force people into writing stuff. Passion and profit are what keeps things 'round here moving, and you just can't beat the former into others.

Also, you do kinkshame. A lot. Thats a big no-no.

Its one thing to hate a piece of content because it has X fetish, or does X, but its another thing entirely to hate on other community members (or writers) because they do this stuff.

Reactions: Emerald

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
You overdid it with the gay rage.

I'm pretty much your predecessor as gay malcontent in chief, but there are limits that I've come to terms with across my time in Fen's community. Namely, you don't try and force people into writing stuff. Passion and profit are what keeps things 'round here moving, and you just can't beat the former into others.

Also, you do kinkshame. A lot. Thats a big no-no.

Its one thing to hate a piece of content because it has X fetish, or does X, but its another thing entirely to hate on other community members (or writers) because they do this stuff.
I understand that the entire conversation that happened about an hour before I got banned was an issue, so I apologize wholeheartedly for that. It's very evident that I didn't articulate my opinion successfully despite my best efforts. I never wanted, nor would I ever want, to pigeonhole anyone into writing content they dislike. That was never my intention as a supposition, and it certainly wasn't the crux of what I was trying to communicate. Through commissions and some meager writing efforts of my own, I've attempted to increase the breadth of male NPC content in the game, but I'd really like to see more of it. This wasn't meant as a passive aggressive dig at any writers who don't desire to create such content, nor was it intended to convince people who would otherwise never consider it to do so. I used ambiguous terms like "I wish," and I can easily understand the misinterpretation. Many of the phrases I used overlap with the speech patterns you'd expect of somebody who was being passive aggressive, and the atonal nature of text makes it even more difficult to discern. This is not to say the burden falls anywhere on the person reading it though, as I should have tried harder to clarify. This, when paired with my history of being perceived as somebody unkind to content I don't personally enjoy, I can certainly understand where everyone is coming from. I'd like to clarify that I'm bisexual, and wasn't lamenting specifically about gay content, but male content. I am by no means attempting to whine that "nobody else is doing their part" or any other such thing. I understand that it's not financially or otherwise feasible for many people to commission or write content themselves. When I said there was too much of certain content I was definitely in the wrong, and I realize that now. It really doesn't make sense to lament the presence of something somebody else enjoys. This all stems from my personal desire for certain content to exist. I'd also like to point out that it's never been my intention to "hate on" any particular person, especially not writers. I respect and value the contributions they make to the community, and I often enjoy greatly the writing style of content, even if I don't enjoy the fetishes within. I apologize to any writers who have felt that I ever intended to insult their work in any way.

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
In general I apologize if I seemed bitter about the entire situation, that certainly isn't how I feel and I don't want it to appear that way. I would like more content that I enjoy, as I'm sure everybody would. I never intended to be abrasive about the way I communicated that, and I certainly didn't mean to make people think I was trying to control what content gets made. I'm sorry if that's how I sounded.

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Aimless Rogue

Nov 11, 2016
somewhere around here
Well you aren't getting back into the discord but as long as you don't start anything here you'll probably be fine, unless what you did was bad enough to get you on a general shit list.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
Well you aren't getting back into the discord but as long as you don't start anything here you'll probably be fine, unless what you did was bad enough to get you on a general shit list.
It was stated by the mod who banned me that I could appeal here.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
It was stated by the mod who banned me that I could appeal here.

My mans it's probably not gonna happen and you're not the only one who's been banned without warning and because someone whispered in the mods ear and told them to do it, and sadly you won't be the last.

Personally I'll just take a saying most people around here say and turn it around in my own way and tell you. Make your own discord, preferably with black jack and hookers. I don't say this to be rude towards you or show any hostility towards you friend but with the way how that discord is, fen's, it's only gonna go down hill and have more people getting banned. One of the reasons I'm still here in the fourms is just to see how many will get banned in the discord and come here.

If you get back in good on you, if you don't make your own or join someone else's and move on.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Nice to see the creators are compassionate and encouraging of the fourm members as always.

Doubt they would go and make a discord for one, it's a chat I would guess they would invite like minded people and friendly people as well.

Aimless Rogue

Nov 11, 2016
somewhere around here
Nice to see the creators are compassionate and encouraging of the fourm members as always.

Doubt they would go and make a discord for one, it's a chat I would guess they would invite like minded people and friendly people as well.

I'm just as compassionate toward you as you are towards the staff and the mods.

586640.jpg M4038_l.jpg

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
The best thing to do is look at the tkmes you made others uncomfortable and see where you can improve.

You made a lot of people angry with some of your conversations spiraling down into "why are you not into x, everyone should be into it"

And Spriggs/Violent_Peace, shut the fuck up

Now why you gotta go an be rude when I only came in here to share some wisdom with an unfortunate soul who has been cast put from Mr.fenoxo's discord? I even complemented the creators for their choice in being compassionate, I feel as if you're attacking me for simply being here and posting.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
My mans it's probably not gonna happen and you're not the only one who's been banned without warning and because someone whispered in the mods ear and told them to do it, and sadly you won't be the last.

AGreatestPicEver.png

Must be nice, being like that....

But I think everything will turn out just fine for dear Damie, just will be walking on eggshells.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Personally, I'd put more faith in the wisdom of a magic 8 ball, it'll probably even say something more insightful.

Personally I dislike showing hostility towards others, but is it the fact you create and work on a texted based game that gives you such a vile altitude or is it the follow that it has that gives you such buddy.

If Damie gets back in or not isn't really something I give much of a care about. Like I said I was here to give some advice to Damie, and if things don't really change for that discord I can see a lot of others being kicked out and banned in the future but I would guess that my words are worth less than the dirt that you walk on because an 8ball is the only thing you trust your faith in.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I'm prefacing this by saying that this has been an incredibly rough week so maybe I'm being a little harsh or more truthful, I don't know.

Personally I dislike showing hostility towards others,
Frankly, from what I've seen, all you have done in recent months is show nothing but disdain to many of the people on the forum.

but is it the fact you create and work on a texted based game that gives you such a vile altitude
Honestly, I would say that its more a reaction to you. You are abrasive and rude, with rarely a constructive criticism or comment for anything.

I'm not going to go any further than this. You are getting an honest critique of how you act on this forum. Its up to you to consider how you see yourself and how others see you and ask yourself if the two mesh. Take this an opportunity to improve yourself before you say something that will get you booted.

Aimless Rogue

Nov 11, 2016
somewhere around here
You know, sometimes I wonder why humans have the need for superiority, or the anguish of others, is it because it could further improve us and help us survive? How exactly does that trait help us? But then I remember what kind of person I am and all I can say is...

YA'LL ARE CRAZY

MAGIC TED GET OVER HERE

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
You've misunderstood me, my friend.
you < 8ball < everyone else

probably that because I have to deal with vile people.

Says something about the company you hang around with.

I'm prefacing this by saying that this has been an incredibly rough week so maybe I'm being a little harsh or more truthful, I don't know.

Frankly, from what I've seen, all you have done in recent months is show nothing but disdain to many of the people on the forum.

Honestly, I would say that its more a reaction to you. You are abrasive and rude, with rarely a constructive criticism or comment for anything.

I'm not going to go any further than this. You are getting an honest critique of how you act on this forum. Its up to you to consider how you see yourself and how others see you and ask yourself if the two mesh. Take this an opportunity to improve yourself before you say something that will get you booted.

I know how I act, and how I acted in the month or months Evil, I'm not blind of my own actions I just lack the care of what I say to people here at times.

I will admit I have added criticisms and even aided others not long ago so beliving that I do nothing but bring down and belittle others is a false.

Doots

Creator
Mar 24, 2017
Ooh,believee me, it has nothing to do with the company I keep, but the rotten people in this community who's screeching I have to listen to.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Then let me rephrase that then, it says much about the community you listen to.

QuietCoyote

Aug 12, 2017
Then let me rephrase that then, it says much about the community you listen to.
how about we stop devolving this thread into bickering shitposts and instead focus on the main thing that was originally posted.

the Fenco community is okay with different points of view, but the "obnoxious" point of view is one that we don't necessarily like or tolerate. i, for one, enjoyed some of Damie's work, and (if the shilling and whatnot was toned down, don't worry, lots of people do that) i would want to see more focus on it. but when every few posts is calling for an unnecessary bad end, or talking about how circumcision is a bad thing, that ends up making a few people irritated toward you.

in short, i'm willing to give Damie a second chance if he finds the time to improve himself. you, however, have only furthered my point that your ban was necessary and i would not like to see you in the discord again.

be good people, guys. that's all it takes.

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
Very much the same view as Coyote, I'm up for giving Damie a second chance if he improves.

Honestly still looking forward to the pound.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.