Did you remember the guys from BESTMULTCLUB?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
And how long will it take for this thread to devolve into a flame war like the last one? Granted I see the reason to warn people and that's a good thing to do though.

Lotharian

Jan 20, 2017
I do not understand what is wrong with that account, they continue use someone's content without permission or what ?

Yeah they are, see here is where they actually are fairly smart though. They targeted games like Akabur's work which uses parodies of main stream characters and therefore they can't own a copyright on the characters themselves. It is pretty scummy and I would never support them but they know how to work around getting sued by the people they rip off.

Viarch

Sep 8, 2016
RF
www.patreon.com
Yeah they are, see here is where they actually are fairly smart though. They targeted games like Akabur's work which uses parodies of main stream characters and therefore they can't own a copyright on the characters themselves. It is pretty scummy and I would never support them but they know how to work around getting sued by the people they rip off.
Acabur's "parodies" ? I'm quite sure he might be sued, because he used some things for comercial wich is far not public domain. But anyways I don't like BESTMULTCLUB "activity" with his content, but what is wrong with their new account ? I can't see there anything wrong, looks like they're posting their own content there, can you be more specific with your accusations ?

Last edited:

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!

I don't see why you find better what akabur did but well. For me both are doing things that they shouldn't, none better than the other, in fact I would even find it an irony this situation.

Only those developers that create their custom characters are doing things well.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
That one has been there awhile. There are several of these Patreon pages that regularly spam other creators with throw away comments like, "Nice!" or, "Looks great!" Some even try to get creators to pay them for Russian translations of their games. The problem goes a lot further than one or two creators. I don't know if its one company with lots of creator pages or not, but it is a problem on Patreon that you have to watch out for and avoid.