Death of Flash and how to access CoC?

FunHarmlessPranks

Jan 21, 2021
CoC is one of my favorite Flash games, and I completely forgot about Flash Player reaching its end of life and being deactivated until after it already happened. I've tried to play CoC in the SWF File Player, but the only thing that comes up is a Flash icon with an "i" next to it (clicking on it does nothing). Similarly, I've searched for ways to acquire a standalone Flash Player, but I couldn't find any, and the Flash emulators being worked on don't support Actionscript 3 (or if they do, CoC doesn't seem to work on them).

So my question is: Is there any way to play CoC today? Am I simply missing some sort of standalone Flash Player, emulator, or workaround online that works with the game, or do I have no choice but to sit on the game until someone creates some playable version of it?

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Every so often, we get a thread like this, but no worry OP : iirc, one of the devs (Gedan I think ?) is working on a javascript(?) port, and there's a fanmade html one being worked on in the forums somewhere

In the mean time, you can download the standalone flashplayer projector here and use it to play the .swf file

Reactions: Modred

FunHarmlessPranks

Jan 21, 2021
Every so often, we get a thread like this, but no worry OP : iirc, one of the devs (Gedan I think ?) is working on a javascript(?) port, and there's a fanmade html one being worked on in the forums somewhere

In the mean time, you can download the standalone flashplayer projector here and use it to play the .swf file
I've downloaded the projector and loaded CoC, and it seems to work great! Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
It actually is though, the Link directs to the Adobe website, in particular one reminding us that Flash is no longer supported.
The link works for me. I'm just gonna post it again. Maybe it works now?

Raginmund

Aug 21, 2021
It's... not ?
The link works for me. I'm just gonna post it again. Maybe it works now?

Just tried it again, and it works for me ?
I think the members weren't quoting the correct post with the link that is going to the Adobe site (the one with the actual link to the Adobe site, which was the second post in this thread, which was by ShySquare), I think this is the post and link that they mean:

This is the link that ShySquare shared:
https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

Which yields this:
The link automatically redirects to and changes to this link:
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life-alternative.html

And displays this:

1656549975382.png

Basically seems that that original link to the Debug Downloads on Adobe's Official Site can no longer be used to download the Flash Projectors.

There are some alternatives though, if anyone is interested:

1) Flash Player debug downloads - English, on the Internet Archive / Wayback Machine -- appears to have 11 files that were listed on Adobe's Official Debug Downloads page (as of the 13th of January 2021, when it was uploaded).
- Link: https://archive.org/details/adobeflash_debug_downloads

2) Flash Player Standalone (SA) and Debug Downloads version 32, on the Internet Archive / Wayback Machine -- seems to be pretty much the same as the above, but has 16 files instead, so possibly some of the other files that weren't included in the above link from Adobe's Official Debug Download's page (as of the 8th of November 2021, when it was uploaded).
- Link: https://archive.org/details/flash32-5y5r

3) Newgrounds Flash Player, which allows for one to play the Flash games on Newgrounds as well as .swf files like CoC and the Flash version of TiTS, although unfortunately it appears that it is Windows only at the moment.
- Link: https://www.newgrounds.com/flash/player

Last edited:

BlackStarRuby

Nov 13, 2015
Hey is there anyway to play Coc? The android won't work and the browser option is out as no flash, and I can't get the download to work either. Any chance of coc getting an update or something?

CoCEnjoyer

Aug 20, 2022
Hey is there anyway to play Coc? The android won't work and the browser option is out as no flash, and I can't get the download to work either. Any chance of coc getting an update or something?
I downloaded it maybe within the past 2 months and it worked fine. Are you sure you are doing it right?

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
so i do have to Downlaod the game and the 'standalone' to have the game work?
cant just use the standalone and browser?

shakey2

Aug 31, 2015
so i do have to Downlaod the game and the 'standalone' to have the game work?
cant just use the standalone and browser?
no, Standalone means not part of the browser. You're downloading the game and the program needed to play the game. The standalone does not and cannot enable flash in your browser. You are basically playing the game like an exe program on your pc. Same as you would play any other non-browser game. Think of it like playing a game on an emulator (without all the legal/moral crap of course) where the game download is your rom, and the standalone is your emulator.

Kass

May 21, 2022
guess ill wait for the java version then.
Just going to give you fair warning for this, you're gonna be waiting for a long, long, long time, because to redo this in Java they'd basically need to redo the entire game again. The content is there, but they'd still have to rewrite the whole thing using another language, as another person pointed out, and that's even assuming that they want to rewrite the whole thing again, which they may not (they probably don't, and even if they were you'd be waiting another year or something at least until one of TiTS or CoC2 get finished). And if you don't want to do that, realistically, you're probably going to have to use the available players or pay someone to do it for you. Or you go pick up that Java book from the library yourself, I guess.

Last edited:

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
i can wait.
maybe ill try Coc2, but not touching Tits afetr they dumped in tons of squick content and keep adding more

hornyray

Nov 16, 2022
My flash projector stopped working all of a sudden sometime between august and november of this year and now I no longer have the ability to play the game. Anybody know a fix?

Edit: nvm I fixed it by running flash projector in Win7 compatibility mode and as admin

Reactions: Equivocate

Not So Anonymous

Jun 14, 2016
I just tried it again today and CoC works straight from the play in window link with Ruffle nightly. Sadly, using the Ruffle desktop player, it crashes while trying to load the image pack. It runs great without the image pack, and the only problem is that the scroll wheel doesn't do anything so you have to manual drag the scroll bars.