Data Error?

ysehporp

Mar 23, 2019
I tried out CoC2 for the first time in a while today and was very pleased to see there was a lot of new content since last I checked!
However, whenever when I tried to save my game all the files in the files screen were greyed out and I couldn't click on them. Nor could I navigate back out of the screen naturally. So I refreshed the page and figured I'd try to load an autosave from the main menu. No dice, if I click load on the main menu the text vanishes and I'm left with the parchment background of the game. From there I can only refresh the page to get any text back. I've played TiTS recently and I don't have this issue there (i just doubled checked too). Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm playing Development Build 0.1.13 on the web portal.

Cheers,
Porp

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Have you done any save editing?

This means that the game is running into issue reading your save files.

If your saves are more than a couple months old I'd recommend you just start a new character to be honest. The format and code for saves has changed dramatically and I've attempted to keep saves forwards-compatible, but if saves from half a year ago aren't working on current builds I don't intend to fix them.

The good news is that I don't think the format should change very much going forward so this shouldn't happen again.

ysehporp

Mar 23, 2019
I haven't done any save editing, and honestly I don't know if I have any saves. It's been quite a while since I played CoC2 and the game reaches a halt whenever I access a screen that involves saves. Do you know where CoC2 would've put them on my computer so I can see if they exist to delete them?
Also thanks a ton for the quick response!

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Browser saves aren't saved in their own files that you can view. They're in a glob of data shared by other websites called localStorage. In your browser setting there should be an option to clear localStorage.