Dark Difficulty White Mage Builds?

Catmint

Aug 3, 2022
I play on dark difficulty. Is white mage viable for hybrid damage/support on dark difficulty or should I switch to a different class? My stats are Presence/Cunning/Willpower with Agility brew // 2+ Willpower and 1+ Cunning Starting boost. Any tips and tricks? Recommended gear and such?

I am mostly stuck on which gear to choose and prioritize, but stats and classes are all on topic.

Reactions: UndyingRevenant

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Unless you're strictly limiting your Powers to ones your class learns naturally, the only significant differences between classes are the Perks and while the White Mage ones don't help it do any more damage they're pretty handy for keeping the Champ alive via Healer's Hands and improved changes to dodge/reduce damage from magical attacks. With class-specific Powers, they have a good spread of offensive abilities that are especially useful against demons but effective generally as most enemies don't have any Holy Resist worth mentioning. They can also cover a spread of other elements offensively and they have a lot of good healing/buffing abilities. They're definitely viable with that sort of stat focus, so long as you have someone else there to tank all the physical blows.

Reactions: Catmint

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
8cfc0de11e2a2bad2c2ca4b55ba03dff.png5342d6befa8ef3e088dbf3647c39312a.pnga8b0478ea24cdc5814442abbcfa1760c.png

I've had success with this, a improved replication of Cait's default set. With the white mage passive group heal feels wasteful more often than not, white and flash fire for dmg but mainly stat ailments, great heal for the healing, spirit veil for a added bonus but not necessarily needed, revive for emergencies. Can swap damage spells for different elements but those are the best recharge and ailment spells i've found so far, i prefer toughness instead of cunning for stray hits and reducing the chance of having to solely heal yourself

Reactions: Catmint

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
On my white mage, I used Great heal, Celestial smite, Grease and summon Phyria

Celestial smite is probably the best single Target dmg spell in the game, since both holy and storm are resisted by almost no enemie. Very high dmg and often a stun.

Grease for group stun. Companions can take advantage of the fire vulnerability and it doesn't require a ranged weapon, like crackle powder does.

Phyria does good dmg, but more important she is immune to piercing and crushing dmg. Meaning if enemies don't have elemental dmg they CAN'T hurt her at all. The spirit wolf summon from Vivianne has the same qualities, but weaker dmg.

Reactions: Kesil and Catmint

Catmint

Aug 3, 2022

Celestial smite is probably the best single Target dmg spell in the game, since both holy and storm are resisted by almost no enemie. Very high dmg and often a stun.

Grease for group stun. Companions can take advantage of the fire vulnerability and it doesn't require a ranged weapon, like crackle powder does.

Phyria does good dmg, but more important she is immune to piercing and crushing dmg. Meaning if enemies don't have elemental dmg they CAN'T hurt her at all. The spirit wolf summon from Vivianne has the same qualities, but weaker dmg.

I managed to cheese the Sigrune fight at level 3 with Wolf Spirit! Thanks for this.

Reactions: Kesil and Bobonga

Joey75421

Dec 3, 2016

I've been using Primal Scar for heavy single target damage but didn't realize there was a much better option. Using Celestial Smite has made my character a lot better in combat now, especially with demons being so prevalent now.

Reactions: Bobonga