Custom Race Input/ Overwrite

MonochromeMutt

Oct 1, 2021
So one of my favourite aspects of the games is messing around with transformation items and imagining the different combinations of parts and what sort of a character that would make. Sometimes though I feel like the descriptor doesn't quite reflect the character well enough though. For example if I wanted to play as a slutty kobold, characters would likely refer to the character as being a gryvain, ruskvel, saurmorian, or some other such race (depending on the tf items used to achieve the look).

So I was thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to manually set Steele's race." I imagine it being similar to the gender or wing position toggle. IT could be activated either as an option in the character appearance tab, or activated through the console as a cheat. I think it'd give players that much more fine control in creating exactly the Steele they see themselves as.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

TheShepard256

Maybe, but there are quite a few things that depend on specific values of the race() parser, including raceShort(), raceCute(), catDog(), and a not insignificant amount of dialogue variation; messing with race()'s output has significant potential to break all of them. There's no easy way around the dialogue variation, though I could see a solution to the first three being hacked in, where the first two also have to be specified and the third has a toggle for which variation it outputs. There might be other things I'm missing, though, so it could be even more complicated to implement.

MonochromeMutt

Oct 1, 2021
True. Without knowing the exact scope of the less seen systems it's hard to know how plausible my suggestion is. Odds are there would be more than a few places where whatever is input would stand out like a sore thumb, if not break certain scenes outright.