Crisis on Fairy Island: Pirates and a Dark Doorway [OOC]

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Located in the southern seas is a mystical tropical island flourishing with life, populated by fairies.

These fairies are a, while mischievous, an overall peaceful people. No bigger than a sparrow, they make up what they lack in physical prowess with their speed and magic. They have many abilities: all fairies possess flight and generate light from their tiny forms, as well as can produce fairy dust that can heal flesh wounds in mere seconds and cause plants to quickly grow. However, they have little need to fight as the land lacks much in the way of danger and provides them with plenty.

However, an ancient ruin has risen from the swamp, and a curious fairy, exploring it, unwittingly activated a doorway to another dimension and, before she could react, was dragged into the portal. While little has happened since, the ruin radiates with dark energies.

At the same time, a dark-hulled brig bearing a black flag of a heart and dagger heads toward the island, bearing cannonade and a cutthroat crew. This scurvy band is led by the vicious Captain James “Bloodgull” Hosen, a man whose winged coat is dyed dark red with the blood and bears a brutal broad blade.

As these two threats draw ever nearer, fairies must rise up to fight back, or else the island paradise shall be destroyed!
———————————————-
Rules
———————————————-
1-Keep to General RP etiquette, so avoid doing things like godmodding and metagaming.
2-Please use proper grammar and spelling; it helps if people can understand what you’re trying to do.
3-Fairies can have up to three extra abilities. However, the more abilities they possess, the less powerful they are. For example, a fairy with a single extra ability of earth manipulation could draw up an earthen wall, one who also had two others could merely toss a pebble.
4-Being small and magical, fairies don’t really use much in the way of weapons and dress lightly (if at all.) They due, however, carry around a few little trinkets. They also keep insects as pets. If you feel like, you can add some of those.
5-You may control up to two characters at a time. If you want to, you may also create NPCs.
6-Take into account a fairies weaknesses: they are incredibly vulnerable when fighting in close combat and weapons like cannons and muskets can be especially dangerous, due to the shockwaves they can produce.
7-Have fun and try not to take things too seriously; after all, this RP is called “Crisis on Fairy Island” and contains a character named Captain Bloodgull (probably assisted by Ensign Cutthroat and Lieutenant Dreadscar), so it isn’t exactly the Witcher. Still, that doesn’t mean there won’t be sex and nudity going on! After all, fairies are a pretty kinky lot.
———————————————
Character Sheet

Name:
Sexuality:
Appearance/Picture:
Personality:
Extra Abilities (Max 3):
Trinkets (Optional):
Pet (Optional):
Background:
————————————————
Feel free to comment or make suggestions! I’ll try to incorporate things I think would be cool!

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
C9EDFD2A-9D24-4EA2-99C9-CCF21BAFCD05.jpeg
Quick sketch I did of how the average fairy looks, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. I didn’t spend a whole lot of time on this but I feel it’s better to have an example than not have one.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
4F25A4F6-87CC-419A-B509-B57F0910B784.jpeg
Captain James “Bloodgull” Hosen, wielding his pistol and blade. Will update the art and add some color, but I think this is pretty alright for now.