Creating more realistic sexual preferences

Wily Rodent

Sep 2, 2021
Here is a thought for the day: Why are there so many herms around that gladly do anything no matter what? Does being able to dock with anything automatically mean you HAVE TO? Of course, from a writer's perspective the incentive is there to make a character be able to dock a lot of ways so that as many players as possible can enjoy the content you wrote, but at the same time it kind of cheapens the whole experience and removes the human element from the characters that were so carefully crafted.

Humans are complicated. They choose not to do things sometimes because of trauma, sometimes because they rationalized themselves out of it and sometimes for reasons they themselves don't even know. Sometimes there are things people tell themselves they aren't fine doing and they will stick to that decision not for any rational reasons but simply to prove to themselves that they were rational at the time they made that decision. Most of human existence is about self-deception anyway. We act like we have free will and our decisions are perfectly rational when most of the time they are not. So why don't we see more characters that have weirdly specific things they don't want to do for seemingly arbitrary reasons?

Here is an example: A Gryvain that will happily get railed in the ass regardless of your genitalia but won't stick it in your pussy if she has to push past your balls to do so. This is a single sex scene (as I said, all other scenes will still be available) that basically only excludes herms that have testicles bigger than micro-size but so much character can be put into that one trait. If you are a half-gryvain with external testicles, she can keep nagging you about taking draco guard. There can possibly be some backstory with a sexual encounter with a Kui-Tan that didn't go well... So many possibilities all rolled up into a single quirky character trait.

While the temptation may be there to make sex scenes available to as many characters as possible, there is also an opportunity cost associated with this. The more freely available a scene is, the less memorable the character associated with the scene will inevitably be as restrictions give the opportunity to build character. I've gotten to know more about the personality and preferences of characters that at some point went "sorry, I won't do that" than characters that will just happily do anything.

RhapsodicHotshot

Jul 7, 2018
Interesting idea but most of the characters are written by someone, and they would probably add those kinds of quirks to their characters if they wanted to.

There are some like that already, I dont remember who but there were some that will not have sex with you if you have any infection (cuntail, tailcock...) or they are interested in masculine characters, so they want have sex with you if you look too feminine.

MeloPuss

Jun 6, 2021
more likely is the case that most people in a universe like this just wouldn't have such a narrow range of attraction when anything sentient enough to speak is a potential sexual partner.

just the fact that people play this game and happily let their steele fuck non-terrans should prove the point well enough. specific physical traits doesn't seem to play that big a role in attraction.

also, writing characters with those kinds of barriers would involve a ton of extra text and code. the most important kind of realism is the budgetary kind.

Reactions: LividPlatypus

Wily Rodent

Sep 2, 2021
It really wouldn't be much of an effort code wise and even the additional writing wouldn't be that much.
One small scene that fits on a single screen for the "nope" scenario, one slightly larger scene that maybe takes up two screens if you want the character to open up about the background once they open up to Steele.
As for the availability of the scenes:
If the PC has a pussy and balls smaller than a specific size or none, then play the regular scene.
If the PC has a pussy and balls larger than the size, play the "nope" scene.
If the PC has no pussy at all, the interaction will be grayed out.

The logic that goes into figuring out whether the penis will fit, triggering different scenes for tauric and naga body types, etc. Is probably far more complex than this.

As for your comment about the universe: no matter how wide the range of potential partners, people will always have their preferences. Look at Ramis. No matter how big your dick is, she will nope out if your breasts are bigger than a certain size or you have female genitalia. I never even knew she had a different interaction for males and just assumed she'd invite everyone to a drink. Mostly because my first character (a male ausar) had been down with a severe case of the sneezing tits around the time he met Ramis and didn't have the time yet to shrink them down and the characters of mine that have interacted with Ramis since were either herms or a big hulking leithan, which, albeit male, is definitely outside of her strike range.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Interesting idea but most of the characters are written by someone, and they would probably add those kinds of quirks to their characters if they wanted to.

There are some like that already, I dont remember who but there were some that will not have sex with you if you have any infection (cuntail, tailcock...) or they are interested in masculine characters, so they want have sex with you if you look too feminine.
Kimber won't have sex with Steele if she has a cock/pussy tail or membrane (weird red things on Mhenga) and Ramis only has sex with men, same goes for Riya who only sexs women no herms and her cousin who only sexs men.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

RhapsodicHotshot

Jul 7, 2018
Ah yes what players REALLY want: more arbitrary gates to hassle them out of content.
Well Im all for it. If a writer wants to create a character that has specifc quirks and doesnt want to have sex with Steele for some reason, it gives personality to that character.

Yes TiTs is a much more sexually liberated world, but not everyone is going to be willing to fuck with anybody.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115