Could the champ extend their age?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Well, Savin responded to a topic about this by saying that TFs are by and large cosmetic, which seems to suggest that a shorter-lived character TFing to a longer-lived species wouldn't extend their lifespan any. A pantheon TF might do it since one of the gods is taking your soul and reshaping you at a fundamental level. Even if that's the case it probably only half-counts since it's not extending your Champion as you've created them as the transformation is kind of a part and parcel of it, unless your ideal for that character just happens to be one of the potential pantheon TFs that we know about (and only if others get implemented in-game). Other than that, I'm sure that if you want to mentally roleplay you can imagine that the portal magic did something to your Champion's lifespan if you want them to live longer but I don't think there's anything established in-universe that would do it, at least not right now.

And yeah, I'm with you on the Ryn thing. I mean, I'm sure she's aware that she's likely to outlive any non-elf friends she makes but it would be sweet if there was some way for the Champion to not die of old age probably a century before her.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Well, Savin responded to a topic about this by saying that TFs are by and large cosmetic, which seems to suggest that a shorter-lived character TFing to a longer-lived species wouldn't extend their lifespan any. A pantheon TF might do it since one of the gods is taking your soul and reshaping you at a fundamental level. Even if that's the case it probably only half-counts since it's not extending your Champion as you've created them as the transformation is kind of a part and parcel of it, unless your ideal for that character just happens to be one of the potential pantheon TFs that we know about (and only if others get implemented in-game). Other than that, I'm sure that if you want to mentally roleplay you can imagine that the portal magic did something to your Champion's lifespan if you want them to live longer but I don't think there's anything established in-universe that would do it, at least not right now.

And yeah, I'm with you on the Ryn thing. I mean, I'm sure she's aware that she's likely to outlive any non-elf friends she makes but it would be sweet if there was some way for the Champion to not die of old age probably a century before her.
Oh, he meant life expectancy. I'm glad you caught on, Wolfram. I was like, "Uh, yeah, I can do it, too. I just extended my age by 2 seconds while reading the question. And I extended it again by another 5 seconds by answering the question."

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
A pantheon TF might do it since one of the gods is taking your soul and reshaping you at a fundamental level.
There's a conversation with Kiyoko after she's freed, both the champion and Kiyoko are saddened that she'll outlive the champion, but such is life, yada yada. However, if you trade your soul to Keros in exchange of becoming a kitsune, that conversation becomes much happier and warm-hearted. to be more specific, it turns to this:

"You're looking forward to spending that time with her, then. "To be able to grow old with the one you love is a treasure that is often undervalued. You've given so much to be with me, even going as far as to... well. I am grateful. Let us hope that we've many peaceful years ahead of us, then."

So it seems that, even if normal TFs can't extend your lifespan, pantheon TFs most definitely can.

Edit: just wanted to add, this conversation only happens by selecting the "situation" box, so if you already played Kinu's event, you most likely can't go over that conversation again.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016

hey you figured out my not-terribly-hidden ulterior motive in asking that question XD