could ff14 really be the legendary wow killer!?

wow killer ?

• yes

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • maybe

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • don't play mmos

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • too poor to play mmos currently

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

king of tentacle

Mar 30, 2017
After beating the main quest in ten days out of a thirty day free trial. I'd say it could be the one to fulfil the prophecy (especially if things keep heading the way they've been going with blizzactivison:smuggo: ) I've had a blast playing as my viera paladin: "malady putresence" and seeing the celebration of all things final fantasy that is this game.
the experience has been even better than my wow days so let me know what you all think? do you think the prophecy is nigh? do you play wow or ff14?​
btw i'm on the aether server jenova world if you wanna hang or go quest

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
So: I don't play ff14, and I never played wow past the free trial to level 20. That said, I don't think you can really call this the "WoW killer." Even if WoW continues on its decline, as ff14 continues on its rise, until all the old WoW players have abandoned it, I don't think it could truly be attributed as the WoW killer. The only ones that can truly kill WoW is ActivisionBlizzard. Sure, ff14 has gained a lot of popularity, like Guild Wars 2, which was also fabled to be the competitor to WoW (and it's also a game I've actually played, and quite liked). I feel the difference that leads to WoW's decline now is not what good alternative to WoW there is, but how ill-managed WoW is.

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
As far as i am aware wow is currently destroying itself ( asmongold and bellular made vids about it) , ff14 is just there to give people something after they drop wow for a better mmo also the ff14 devs are waaaay better than the wow's actiblizz ones.

Reactions: JK Drack

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
FF14 will kill WoW because WoW's devs are killing the game and its' fanbase themselves and they don't care about the game other than money. Not to mention the recent lawsuit against ActiBlizzard. SO MANY SPROUTS are in ff14 rn because people are committing mass-exodus to the game, and good, because I did the same after seeing how shit WoW has gotten.

Does it mean it'll die? Unfortunately no, but their shit is clearly biting them in the ass this time and rightfully so considering their antics got someone to commit suicide, that is a massive blow.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
WoW isn't gonna die because FF14 offers a competitive alternative. It's gonna die because Activision Blizzard are committing the corporate and legal equivalent of suicide. WoW was gonna end up stale at some point anyway, but Blizzard just hastened the process. Will WoW die? Yes, absolutely. Will FF14 be the cause? Not solely but it will be a contributing factor. The big question is when will WoW die. There really is no answer, and I doubt it'll be anytime soon. But between Blizzard's abhorrent practices, declining quality, piss poor handling of everything Warcraft, and the general decline in WoW's popularity; I think it's inevitable at this point that someday it will die. Right now WoW is in the MICU and Dr. Blizzard is a moron who'd rather harass the nurses and order frivolous and completely irrelevant tests instead of fixing the patient.

Gothic Purple Goblin

Mar 10, 2016
Played 14 since the 1.0 beta and have enjoyed it far more than I have WoW, but its definitely a different flavor. That being said I highly recommend it. Devs also love their story cliff hangers between updates =p But yea as its been said, no other games gonna "kill" wow, it will kill itself.

EricGoblen

Feb 1, 2023
Whoa, bro! It sounds like you're having an epic time with FF14! I've been playing for a bit now, and I totally get why you think it could be the WoW killer. I've always been a fan of Final Fantasy, and it's been an amazing experience to get my hands on FF14 finally. SkyCoach is a real game-changer for me, too; their MMO boosting service has definitely helped me level up and take my play to the next level. I also play on Jenova, and it would be sick to quest together! I'm down to join forces, just hit me up!

Last edited: