Corruption of Champions

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I have played the modded versions but I want to give CoC original/vanilla another try. Anyone on here, liked it or at least completed it? Worth another try?
I know some NPCs like Loppe wasn't finished which to me was a shame, as I really liked her character.

The reason I put it on the bullshit thread was because the CoC threads seems abit dead.

Lone Wolf115

Yes it is worth another try just don't let your playthrough of any modded ones let you stop from playing it. I played a modded one first then the original.
I have completed it.

Reactions: SmithEK

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
This should be on the CoC subforum regardless of how dead it may be :p
I played CoC from 2011 to 2016. Never got to beat the last part of the game, but I did create lots of characters and spent my sweet time triggering scenes regardless of my tastes.

I am unsure of how it holds up in this day and age, but I guess it may smilar to compare, say, the BioShock or Mother/EarthBound games: an awersome yet basic first game, a more solid "sequel" and a rather different third game, but still keeping the feel of the early ones.
But, hey, what can I say when I did like Nimin in all its basic glory!

Last edited:

badbreadpuns

Dec 3, 2015
badbreadpuns.tumblr.com
imo vanilla CoC is still worth going back to; the one time I tried playing a mod, I thought the new writing was... rough, tbh. While there's unfortunately some loose ends due to writers leaving (or in Ember's case, the character being a nightmare to code), CoC still has loads of scenes that are better written than the mods.

Great character customization too. I've made more than 20 PCs, though admittedly I've only beaten it once. End game is tough.

Zbearbear

Sep 9, 2019
I started off with vanilla CoC before exploring mods. Def worth it. It get some things right that mods don't quite nail and vice versa.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115