Corruption Mechanic and Effects

H

Highlord Vyrana

I have created a bit of "dummy character" in both senses of the term in order to discover and see what happens under the true and powerful affects of "Corruption", seeing as it is the main theme of the game itself. I have been stopped around 76% percentage of corruption, gaining the "Corrupted" aspect of being quite so corrupted.

Baring this, I am curious: What exactly does corruption level affect. I'm certain dialogue is one, though I've yet to come across one (I'm sure important NPC encounters are exceptions). But what characters, events, or themes overall change because of said corruption? Just curious.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
It affects a lot of things. Once you reach the right threshold the Champion's personality changes to 'Dark Knight' with obvious effects on their dialogue and internal thoughts and there are options that are gated behind Corruption thresholds along with others that change slightly depending on your score. For example, at 33+ Corruption the option to publicly grope Cait at the Frost Hound unlocks, a scene in the Palace of Ice dungeon is gated behind really high Corruption and there's a Bad End at the Wayfort if you have very high Corruption after the scripted fight with the imps and forget to say 'when'. There are also a pair of weapons that require you to be under or above a certain threshold to use; the Sanctified Gladius and Girthy Rod respectively. Long-term the system is intended so that higher Corruption puts you at risk for additional Bad Ends that a purer Champion wouldn't face but those are mostly in the future aside from the one-off Wayfort scene.

Oh, and higher Corruption also causes your Libido score to increase faster than it would normally.

H

Highlord Vyrana

It affects a lot of things. Once you reach the right threshold the Champion's personality changes to 'Dark Knight' with obvious effects on their dialogue and internal thoughts and there are options that are gated behind Corruption thresholds along with others that change slightly depending on your score. For example, at 33+ Corruption the option to publicly grope Cait at the Frost Hound unlocks, a scene in the Palace of Ice dungeon is gated behind really high Corruption and there's a Bad End at the Wayfort if you have very high Corruption after the scripted fight with the imps and forget to say 'when'. There are also a pair of weapons that require you to be under or above a certain threshold to use; the Sanctified Gladius and Girthy Rod respectively. Long-term the system is intended so that higher Corruption puts you at risk for additional Bad Ends that a purer Champion wouldn't face but those are mostly in the future aside from the one-off Wayfort scene.

Oh, and higher Corruption also causes your Libido score to increase faster than it would normally.

Ah, I see! Thank you so much for the information. I confess, my curiosity is peaked, Currently I am endeavoring to Corruption 100%, and am curious of how different interactions will be. Thanks again for your input!

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Ah, I see! Thank you so much for the information. I confess, my curiosity is peaked, Currently I am endeavoring to Corruption 100%, and am curious of how different interactions will be. Thanks again for your input!
I believe Corruption is presently capped at 99% as 100% is the point at which you become a Demon and bad end.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
It is not. You can get 100 corruption with a bit of work. There are currently very few corruption based bad ends implemented at the moment, besides one at 60ish if you don't know when to quit during one Kas scene.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
To expand on the above a bit, 100 Corruption is when you're in the 'danger zone' and anything could theoretically push you over the edge into a demonic Bad End but that's not really something implemented in the game yet. Most of the repeatable means of gaining Corruption include caps that make it harder to reach 100 but it's doable via one-off scenes, maybe repeatable Glacial Rift content but I haven't tried the latter out to be sure. If you're already at very high Corruption and haven't done the Palace of Ice dungeon yet, it's very easy to max out by the time you're through with it.

S

Soup Can

So far in my experience with 100 corruption, I was running around the map trying to get a bad ending and nothing seemed to work, I can't find any enemy in Old Forest, Foothills, Harvest Valley or even Frostwood that is capable of giving a bad end due to maxed corruption, even defeat sex wouldn't work. What enemy in the game currently has a bad ending for 100 corruption?

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
So far in my experience with 100 corruption, I was running around the map trying to get a bad ending and nothing seemed to work, I can't find any enemy in Old Forest, Foothills, Harvest Valley or even Frostwood that is capable of giving a bad end due to maxed corruption, even defeat sex wouldn't work. What enemy in the game currently has a bad ending for 100 corruption?
I believe the scene referred to involved sex with the demon, Kasyrra. If you don't stop, you end up a demon most likely which ends your play-through (whether you consider that a Bad End (tm) is up to you).
I know Manticore Girl can (Bed) End you with enough losses or submissions to her, but that has little to do with Corruption.

S

Soup Can

I believe the scene referred to involved sex with the demon, Kasyrra. If you don't stop, you end up a demon most likely which ends your play-through (whether you consider that a Bad End (tm) is up to you).
I know Manticore Girl can (Bed) End you with enough losses or submissions to her, but that has little to do with Corruption.
I read the wiki for anything and I did find that Kasyrra one, but I'm well past that stage of the game, I'm already exploring Khor' Minos