[Continues] Morcrux Campaign: Tale of Two Scales

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
"Fine"Jibril says, Kane's smile returns as she reaches out her hand. "It's a deal"
"Glad you see my way" Kane says, grabbing her hand shakes it for a few moments with a nice sense of calm.

The Darkling slithers around Kane's arm and coils around Jibril's and wraps around her scales on her bicep. She can feel how unnaturally sharp their scales are! Like razor blades brushing against hers and they tighten like a boa constrictor. With their fangs clapping down on her, Jibril hisses and let's out a heavy scream.

The red glowing of the bulbs of this Darkling drains as Blood Essence fills Jibril's body with a supernatural power that burns her veins and wrecking her insides. Their blood rushes throughout her blood as her scales harden, thickening into solid segmental plates. Her cream and sandy color pigmentation darkens to a clay red and maroon color scales. She felt her bones become heavier and denser as her lightweight is now average by human standards. When she opens her eyes, they glow scarlet red replacing her brown and amber shined irises. The Darkling releases her and vanishes into a portal below her.

Jibril feels extremely awake and a renewed sense of energy. In fact, she's really pumped up like she hasn't gotten out of bed in months.

Jibril looks herself over and noticed her scales were red and metallic!

Jibril can now see Spectral Anomalies like Darklings and Notata.

Kane stands there and smiles warmly. He turns and walks over to the oaf fixing to execute Kor'da. Kane's fingers turn to large reptilian claws that slam into the man's arms before digging his digits into the man's skull and holds him.

Jibril watched as Kane does something to the man's head. The body contorts and shifts, there's a ghastly deathly moan as the oaf let's out a deranged moan of a thousand voices in unison. The oaf's body deforms into a a mass of flesh that separates into sentient limbs moving on their own and move like insects using bones and muscles tissue. (John Carpenter's "The Thing")

The dissected corpse of the oaf split off and turn their attentions to the surrounding thugs, criminals, psychopaths and doing the same thing to them. Further infecting the groups of rioters with a parasitic plaque that seeks out living prey.

Kane pulls Kor'da over to Jibril and stands him up in front of her like a present. Kane grins: "Consider them your guardian angels. I'll be waiting for you"

Kane raised his hand as if he's going to disappear. Should she stop him? Ask a question perhaps? May not get another chance until reaching New Canaan.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril asked him will these guardian angels would be able to listen to me and the form am in is not to dangerous to my love one is there

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Kane hears Jibril interjection: "Oh. Yes, I thought I forgot something."

He turns around to face her: "They're attuned to the Marker itself and those in possession of them. Your beloved and your are immune to their assimilation. But they are my creation and therefore mine to control. They'll aid you of their own accord. I strongly recommend you don't tarry-"

Kane looks up and Jibril does as well: a 20 feet tall, six legged beast, made entirely of flesh and bone of the living brings and surrounding bodies. The beast is monsterously big, rows upon rows of sharp teeth layer a reptilian shaped snout. The legs are exposed muscle and bone segmented plates like scales. The whole body is just one solid plate that's hard to break, the thing has many eyes on its head made of the leftover material and tail ends with nine scattering whips of sinew and spiked.

"...I think you won't have any trouble getting inside. Ta-ta!" Kane say gleefully and snaps his fingers.

Reality sets in as the greyscale surround regained their color and time moves forward once again. Kor'da shakes and scans his surrounds confused and maybe stunned by the 20 feet beast stand over them.

Last edited:

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Just when Jibril explained what happened to them. Kor'da listens but he's so awestruck that his lover is not the same as before. But as he listened to her, he just looks up and sees the beast growling as they turn towards Dunwich.

"I must be dreaming" Kor'da shutters, "Why are you doing this? We can flee out of here!
"I-" Jibril tries to speak of the oath she took.

The Marker in her hand whispers into her mind: "Tell no one of our deal"

"I just can't say" Jibril says, looking away from Kor'da.
"You made a deal with someone. Who? A devil?" Kor'da says.

Jibril groans, grabbing her arm bitten by the Darkling almost painfully looking away from him. Kor'da shakes his head disapprovingly.

"Never trust a devil or a god" Kor'da scolds.
Jibril snaps at him: "If I didn't you would have died on that table!"
"Damn it" Kor'da says under his breath before snapping back at her. "We should meet with your employer, let them know the gate is open."

Kor'da wraps his mind around this ordeal. "What do they want?"
Jibril: "Remember that orb Karlya's daughter had? There's another in the basement-"
Kor'da raised his voice: "Are you joking? There's no way we can get out of there in one piece! The whole thing is on fire!"
"I KNOW" Jibril yells at him, she calms herself down. "I know. I have no choice, we either get it or there's going to be consequences if I fail"
"Then let's get this thing and leave. Is that 'thing' going to be a problem?"
"Our 'patron' says no" Jibril says, "Not to us anyway. Not sure what it will do but we need to get out of here and stop the caravan from leaving. They may have a mage that can help put out the fires."
"Let's just get this over with" Kor'da says heading for the gate.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Outside the East Gate and meeting up with Sim'one and Kak'lin, the two walk side by side. The awkwardness of the deal was unsettling for the both of them. Kor'da shaken with anger tries to contain it but he thinks about it so more. He lets out a deep exhale the slow down his excitement. The two travel ten minutes in silence as Captain Kara and his guards walking up beside them along with the refugees in front of them. Captain Kara remarks on Jibril's new look.

"I see you've changed" Captain says awkwardly, "Didn't know you were capable of doing that"
"I'm a ... it's a defensive reflex" Jibril says nervously hoping her bluff works.
"Huh, it suits you" Captain Kara says, believing her lie.

She looks up to Kor'da: "Do you like my new look?"

Kor'da is unsure what to make of it: "I concur with the Captain. It suits you"

Kor'da continues to walk in silence until they've reached the caravan train along the Silk Road at the Midnight Stables outside the West Gate to Heifong. There's a bunch of soldiers wearing military uniforms just like Shimbala roaming about carrying large weapons like the one on her back. There's Draco at the Stables with a large group of Dwarves, Dark Elves and Homunculi. As they approached, Draco looks up and sees the refugees first then Jibril moves through the crowd to meet him.

"I'm here, Mr. Baelfire" Jibril announced.
Draco scratches his head: "Do I know you?"
"Jibril, from the Silver Coin?" Jibril states.

Draco is confused: "The last I remember, you weren't always ... red ... huh" he says as a thought just occurred.

Draco waves Jibril over so they can speak. Draco crossed his arms.

Draco: "What's happening in the city?"
Jibril: "Ghasha Fleet made port, the Shurifon Navy has taken the city, rioters are everywhere, the soldiers are killing any and all non-elven people. It's a slaughter"
Draco: "I was afraid of this"
Jibril: "There's more"
Draco: "What else?"
Jibril: "I haven't seen Tar'lak and Red-Eye at all, they could be in the city still."
Draco: "Damn, we really need them here. Anything else?"

Last edited:

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Draco crossed his arms: "Where is this item of interest? Why are we sending our mages to retrieve this 'thing of yours'? We're walking into a warzone by the sound of it and we have to transport our cargo now before this place spills out to the rest of the providence."

"Because it's in Dunwich" Jibril answered, "it belonged to the Maru Cultists. I can't tell you why it is important."

"What you're asking is a tall order, Nagini" Draco answered, "But Tar'lak and Red-Eye are still inside. As Canaanites, we don't leave our own behind"

Shimbala comes up beside Draco with a M16 assualt rifle along with a group of Dark Elves geared up and ready for combat with their own rifles cocking and loaded.

"If we're walking into a warzone, you're gonna need some firepower" Shimbala says with a crazy look in her eyes and a wide toothy smile across her face. The rest of the squad is also showing the same enthusiastic expression. Three mages dressed in brown tunics and wearing a red armband on their arms with the emblem of the NCR symbol. "We'll handle the heavy lifting."

Draco addresses the whole group: "Canaanites! Prepare for battle!"

All the soldiers raised their rifles high: "Oo-rah!!"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril alright i'll lead you the way she then turn to kor'dar and tells him to stay with the kids she'll be back before he even notice she gone with a slight grin on her face

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Kor'da sits on the ground and let's out a sigh of relief as his sons take a seat next to him. He looks up to Jibril while the Canaanites gather their belongings and pack up their bags for the short trip into the city. "Just come back ... If I'm out of it, I'm sorry ... This was a traumatic experience for ... Us"

"Hey" Jibril says, kneeling beside him, hugging him. "Once we're done and get to New Canaan, this will be behind us. I promise."
Kor'da nuzzled her neck: "Okay. Stay safe and ... sorry for lashing out. I know it's wrong of me to assume you had a choice in the matter."

She sighs hearing things this assuring herself of their relationship not straining from this hiccup. She misses him on the snout and rose to her feet. Draco strolls up next to Jibril with a giant slab of steel with draconic glyphs engraved into the base standing a full right feet and a large hilt with a stone set in the mantle. This was Draco's greatsword.

"Ready when you are" Draco stated.
To Kor'da: "I'll be back before you even notice I'm gone" with a slight grin on her face.
To Draco: "I'm ready"

Draco turns to Shimbala and they relay the orders to move out.

One Hour Later

Jibril, Draco, Shimbala, the five member squads of Jaeger and Juggernaut are standing inside the East Gate and they walk through the Russel District taking in the destruction and carnage. Draco and Shimbala follow closely beside Jibril as they remark the district.

Shimbala: "What a mess"
Draco: "This is a mess of the Dynasty. They should take responsibility of their people, such negligence is the result of poor leadership."
Shimbala: "Took the words out of my mouth"
Draco: "What are we walking into, Jibril?"
Jibril: "The building is on fire, the mages need to slow down the building's decay while we run into the basement and snatch a relic upon an alter."
Shimbala: "An alter? What the hell kind of place has an alter?"
Draco to Shimbala: "One that isn't suppose to be there. This smells like a trap."
Jibril: "I suspect it as well. There's also a giant monster roaming about, thing is gigantic. Plus there's civilians gathering to watch the place burn to the ground. Most of them are vengeful families the cult kidnapped from wanting closure. Most likely there's guards and soldiers speeding up the fires."
Shimbala: "Situation in Heifong is FUBAR"
Draco: "We get the two we're here for, grab this relic and get out."

Draco says but he whispers to Shimbala: "This might be a good time to get our revenge on Shurifon for their invasion on the Rose."
Shimbala makes a sharp laugh: "You're right!"

Shimbala pulls her Seer Stone up from her wrist and speaks into it: "Jaeger. Juggernaut. Looks like we're clear to engage Shurifon soldiers!"

There's some laughter and cheering as the squads get excited to blow off some steam.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril also i have some guardians who are here to help get the relic as well try not to attack them and who know's we mite meet tar'lak along the way

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
Tar'Lak draws another arrow and fires at one of the walking corpses' head. "how long can you keep this magic working." he says as he fires at another undead.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
(Group entry is up next)
[Tar'lak]
Tar'lak yells to Red-Eye: "How long can you keep this magic working." he says as he fires at another undead. Red-Eye keeps both hands on the ground with his Mana seeping into the ground. "Dunno, I never fought undead before!"

Tar'lak curses under his breath as more corpses fall from the windows of the buildings around them. Tar'lak shoots another, then another and just as he headshots a shuffling corpse, he notice his torso glowing from the scarred runes from Judora's torment. The magic seal grows from five feet in diameter to fifteen.

"Whoa!" Red-Eye says as the seal bursts into a larger one, he sees Tar'lak glowing. "Hey Scalie! The hell did you do!?"

The magic seal expanding so quickly force pushes the undead in large droves back a significant distance and knocking into the possessed brute. The brute wasn't phased by the undead hitting them, they continue to march forward.

"I don't know!" Tar'lak shouts to Red-Eye, take two shots at the brute. "Just keep going!"

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Group]
The Canaanites lead by Draco, Shimbala and Jibril march on through the district and come to the fork in the district that connects to Dunwich district. When they arrived, this area was overrun with undead that have risen from the rioters and psychopaths roaming the streets. Jibril noticed the brute she and Captain Kara ignored earlier reappear as a possessed demonic entity. Before the horde are the missing members of the party: Red-Eye and Tar'lak.

Draco: "There they are!"
Shimbala to her squads: "All squads engage!"

Jaeger and Juggernaut form a line with their rifles raised at the crowd of Undead swarming the two detached members of the party. Draco Yanks Jibril out of the way when they get their weapons ready to openfire on the horde.

On the opposite side of the quarter, Red-Eye hears: "There they are!!" coming from the other side of the horde. Red-Eye draws a small symbol and drops Red Sand on the symbol. He rose up and the magic seal still remains active despite his direct touch. Red-Eye looks over to see the Canaanites just as Tar'lak shoots the brute.

Red-Eye slaps Tar'lak on the shoulder and points the Shimbala and Draco a Ross the way with reinforcements: "Look! It's the rest of the group!"

He forms a call with his hands and shouts at the group: "Hey!!! We're over here!!"

Then Red-Eye sees that they have their rifles up and forming a line summed directly at him and Tar'lak. Red-Eye goes wide-eyed as he lunges at Tar'lak. Red-Eye tackles Tar'lak to the ground and holds him down: "Get down!!"

Rattling of rapid fire bursting from rifles echoed throughout the district as wave after wave of undead fall to the ground. Jaeger coming up from the left and Juggernaut coming up from the right as they split up around the quarter emptying magazine after magazine. Relentless, pinpoint focus, cold steely gazes, disciplined, tactical. The Canaanites firing squads mow down the undead dropping expended shells from their depleted chambers with hot brass branding the skins of the dead. Each shot hit straight and true, headshots or heart shots, never missing to hit something. Each member of the squad had their eyes glowing brightly with scarlet eye as their focus was trained on the undead and clearing out the area high in the thirties and forties with lethal accuracy.

The large brute turns and stares down the firing squad. The brute points to them: "Interlopers!!"

Draco moves Shimbala and Jibril to the side, drawing his greatsword over his shoulder and brings it to his side with both hands on the hilt. As Draco approached the brute, the possessed spirit meets him with a chuckle: "You can't kill me"
Draco: "Wanna bet?"

Red-Eye removes his hands off Tar'lak as the firing of rifles stopped. When he looks up, he sees Draco going up against the possessed brute. "Oh shit! He's gonna fight it!"

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Group]
Draco stares down the possessed brute. The brute and the wicked demonic grin of their face scrunching up as the dragonborn circles around with his greatsword swung over his shoulder and using his scales to block the sharpened edges. Draco examined the brute and their sluggish movements. Jibril watched intensely with the Dark Elf and Homunculi squads gathering around their Corporals and their commander with intrigue. Each squad mate was taking bets on Draco cleaving the brute up, Shimbala remarks that it was no contest.

The brute raised their bearded axe and dragged it across the ground before hefting it up with both hands and holding it firmly with both hands. The two brings stare off and squared their stances.

Red-Eye and Tar'lak sit up and sat on the ground as they sees the massacred corpses surrounding them lay undisturbed. Tar'lak wondered how the dragonborn leader of this group fights as he gauges his fighting style and taking into account how heavy that sword of his going to affect his speed.

Fight!

Draco makes the first move. With a battlecry, Draco charges heavily into the brute. The brute braces for impact with his steel shaft, Draco connects, the brute deflects the greatsword off to the side. Greatsword hits the ground with a huge deep crater measuring four inches deep around the base of the tip. Draco rolls his shoulders and swings his body around to bring up the greatsword with a golf swing to uppercut the brute. The brute angled their axe shaft down the stop the full force, Draco blows the axe shaft up and knocks the brute off balance. With the greatsword raised up in the air, Draco curved the angle of his vertical drop and slashes across the brute's chest from left shoulder down to their right flank. The brute takes blow of the broadside to the chest, but doesn't go as deeply as it should. Draco notices the depth of his blade not breaking all the way through the brute's chest, he throws up a heavy roundhouse kick and forces the brute back away from him.

The brute recoils back, taking a knee with their axe dropping downward. The brute holds his chest. Draco watches them regenerate their wound with a hex of some sort that causes the large gash to scan up with poisonous Barb's pinning the skin together. The brute laughs at Draco: "Close, but not good enough" the brute rose up and charges at Draco with surprising speed for a possessed man. Putting Draco on the defensive, the brute swings his bearded axe hard and slams it against Draco's sword as he brings it up to his front with the tip facing down. Using his sword as a shield, Draco stands his ground as the brute hammers away at the sword.

When the brute swings at Draco's right when his body faces directly left, his back to it, he shifts. Draco ducks under the mid-body swing and sweeps his left knee across the ground, feet planted when the brute comes back around using their swing's momentum to raise above their head for a verticle drop on Draco. Draco drags his sword over his back, deflects the verticle strike and whips his tail out of the way and roundhouse kicks the brute with his right leg swinging against the back of the brute. The brute falls towards the ground.

Draco takes this chance to end this fight, raised his greatsword up and uses all his might to split the brute that now lies face down on the ground. Slowly, the greatsword digs into the clothing, fabric cut to ribbons, the flesh beneath is exposed, the slicing of skin, the blade burying deep into the muscle, the bone cracks and breaks apart, shockwaves of the body ripple. In normal speed, Draco's finishing blow was much faster and harder!

Draco roars as the body separates into two large sides that flee off five feet apart with a large crater equalling that made where the upper torso should be. The head was mashed into a bloody mess of what looks like a ripe tomato with seeds as fragments of bone, the oozing being the gushing of blood and grey matter and the restructuring of the brute's head from the inside out.

With labored breathing: "Get back up from that!"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril with an astonish she can't but help be amazed with how strong and skilled draco can be it's just amazing she can't but help herself clap to his amazing win against the brute

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
Tar'Lak grunts as he watches Drago defeat the undead creature as he stands slinging his bow and holds his spear at the ready for any other attacks.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Group]
The group claps and whistling their cheers, a few Whoops! That draws Draco's attention, he waves at them with a smile. Jibril is stunned with astonishment and loudly claps with the group. Red-Eye and Tar'lak join up with the group to share in the cheering. Shimbala sees Red-Eye then bumps him in the chest hard with her elbow.

"Where the hell were you two!?" She says loudly. Red-Eye brushes the back of his buzzcut and looks very nervous. Tar'lak grunts with a look of impress, slinging his bow and bracing himself for another ambush.

"We got hold up. We ran all the way here and got stopped by these Chesire fucks and this guy-" Red-Eye points to the brute. "Just shrugged off bullets and arrows! Somehow, he just raised the dead with a yell. I'm pretty damn sure these things are still roaming around. Although-" he looks around at the dead bodies all mangled up from the firefight. "I guess we got most of them"

"Fuck, Red-Eye, are you high?" Shimbala says staring at his eyes, "You sanding again!?"
"No!!" Red-Eye objects.

Draco turns to the brute and kicks the corpse, they down move. He hacks up the dead body and pulls out a flask of alcohol and pours it on the body. A glowing red boils up in his throat, fire burns in his maw and he unleashes it all onto the body. Scorching up the area around the body, he smoulders it until it chars to a crisp. He steps away, throwing his greatsword over his shoulder and approaches the group.

Draco: "We're in a rush. You two come with us." He turns to Jibril with a determined look: "Jibril, you're on point. Lead the way to this place.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Group]
Dunwich: Ten Minutes Later

The group arrives at the center of Dunwich with the legions of families gathering around a smouldering tenement complex. The rooftop caved in as the roaring pyre torches the windows and the surrounding area. Hundreds of a thousand citizens are thrown into a panic as the undead from the Russel District pour into the area and start attacking the district. On top of the opposite side of the district, the 20 feet tall monsterous beast towering over three story buildings crawls over the top onto the streets. The Navy and Shurifon guardsmen faced a threat on both sides and rally their forces to defend the district. But their efforts go in vain as the undead devour them in minutes and overwhelm the unarmed citizens. Meanwhile the monster is crushing people and gobbling up innocent people into it's large mouth.

Draco and the others watched in stunned silence as they watch all of this unfold before them, the mages are obviously looking at this situation with horror, getting cold feet.

Draco: "Weeell. Any ideas?"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril get the mages to control the fire while i head inside the building to look for the relic for the monster well you can try to lead it away from the building thats pretty much it for my idea

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
A savage grin forms on Tar’Lak’s face as he readies his weapons. “It is time to hunt.” He growls as he look for a way to gain a vantage point on top of buildings.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Group]
Tar'lak goes for a vantage point on top of the rooftop that they're next to. Counting his quiver: 16 arrows left. Tar'lak looks to Draco: "taking a lookout up there" Tar'lak points to the building next to them with his thumb.

Shimbala unslings her rifle and hands it to Tar'lak and he retrieves it from her. She points to the weapon and explained how it works with a quick tutorial and advises two people from Jaeger squad to go with him to the roof. "Good luck"

Jibril looks to Draco: "I'm making a break for the basement. If you can get the fires under control before it caved on me, that will help." She sees the monster, "Don't worry about the monster, trust me. Try leading away from the building instead."

Corporal Kalisa, a muscular Dark Elf steps up with a large tube on her back and an equally large shell in her hand (mortar shell) "Does that mean we can't blow it up"

"Keep a pin in that idea" Shimbala tells her. Shimbala goes to Jibril: "I'm coming with you"

Draco: "I am as well, I'm fire proof"

Last edited:

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril ok but stay alert we don't know when something unexpected would pop up in the building after she finish talking jibril dual wield her to swords and heads in to the burning building

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Draco and Shimbala follow Jibril towards the broken gate opposite of the main courtyard. Going through the back entrance there's Shurifon guards roaming about, watching the place burn. Jibril sees the celler door that the kids they rescued before said they had trouble getting through. Jibril calls over Draco to rip open the doors, spitting in his hands to live them up. Draco wraps his digits around the handles a heaves the things hearing the chains inside warp under the strain. Snapping open, the door fling wide open and breaking off their hinges. Draco flung the doors off to the side and the three of them venture into the basement of this Dunwich building of horrors.

This feels familiar, Jibril and company find themselves inside one of the four rooms of the narrow corridor where Jibril faced off against the FatStrong man. If she leaves this room, she will be on the right path and they have a clear path of escape out of this place as well. So long as the first floor doesn't collapse on them, they should have ample time to get the relic quickly and haul ass: mission accomplished.

How should they proceed?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril carefully lead the team to the basement torture where she found the statue when walking she ask the two how they met and what made them choose this type of job

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Jibril leads the three out of the room into the corridor, cautiously, and Draco struggles against this narrow hallway as his height is brushing the ceiling and has to slump forward. Shimbala walks beside Jibril as he's moving his sword around his back, making sure the belts keep it locked into place. Jibril tries to them them calm to brace themselves for what they're about to see with some thoughts she had.

"So where did you two met" Jibril asked Shimbala. "You two get along very well"

Shimbala blushes when the topic comes up.

"Actually, it was Kane that got us together." Shimbala openly says, "My clan were thieves robbing merchants on the road to Scarlet Rose back then when it was under Fjornia control. The previous Lord ran the place into the ground, it was a wasteland with canyons and dirt. Nothing grew there, we lived in caves and struggled to get by. One day we got together to do a raid on a pair of travelers carrying a load of goods into and out of Daedran's Wrath before it was renamed New Canaan.

Anyway, Kane was with this other guy named Dennis who was an academy mage. They came to Scarlet Rose with a lot of brass and black powder that we never seen before. The wagon smelt horrible with sulfur and we tried taking it from him. Biggest mistake ever. He tracked us down and forced us to hand over the goods. Then it sort of rolled into him taking over the city and forcing out the Lord. He installed himself as the new Lord and rebuilt the city. That was a year ago."

Draco chines in: "I was tracking some stolen dragonborn eggs belonging to a client that hired me to retrieve them from a thief. I found out later that the thief was hoping to sell them in Scarlet Rose to the Lord at the time. Kane was inside a tavern hunting down paladins that took a woman he was smitten with. We fought in a friendly match, he won obviously, and we worked together in retrieving both the woman and the eggs. Took us two weeks to find them and bring them to New Canaan, Kane organized the Dark Elves and the rest of the city. He eventually got to be the Lord, usurping Lord Beckett and the rest is history."

Shimbala taps her knuckles on Draco's chest.

"Me and this big guy have been friends since New Canaan was founded. We did some sparring and learned some things I never would have to as a mercenary." Shimbala states, "And it was all largely because of that man"

"Shimbala is under selling it a bit but you can see that we owe a lot of our blessings to Kane as our leader" Draco says plainly, "The man is a savant. Very intelligent and powerful as well, there isn't a soul in Scarlet that doesn't show their appreciation for his contributions."

Shimbala scoffs at a thought: "There's even a religion growing around him too if you can believe it. One of these days, he's going to have to address that problem. Kane isn't one for cults, especially ones that preach about God's. Something about a previous lifetime that rubbed him the wrong way, I don't blame him."

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril that's a nice story oh yea i forgot to mention when we reach downstairs one of the room could be booby trap so be careful when opening a door plus i killed a fat brute man down here so there mite be a chance he could come back as an undead