[Continues] Morcrux Campaign: Tale of Two Scales

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Red-Eye perks up, startled by Jibril interrupting his tuning his guitar. "Huh? What? What? What's goin' on?" He searches around the room to see the curious Nagini standing outside her room.

Red-Eye chuckles in a raspy voice as he exhales slowly, brushing off the confused look on his face as if someone barged into their room to steal his Red Sand sitting on the small table beside him.

"Oh. Shit, it's only you" Red-Eye says easing down from his high. "Can't be sneaking up on me. Good way to get a bullet in your head or a fist full of sand."

He groans as he lays back down on the sofa to center his mind as he slowly plucks the metal strings of his guitar. Jibril walks slowly toward the other sofa and sits down.

"What are you playing?" She asked intrigued by the instrument and the oddly satisfying tone coming from it that tickles her vestigial ears.

"Oh, this?" Red-Eye says holding up his guitar, "It's a guitar. One of five ever made from back home. Yeah, this baby has been with me since basic training with the Marines. Wish I was half as good as our Overboss, the man had a way with his. But I can play decently when I'm coming down for the sand."

He smiles as he plucks and plays a nice chord.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
"Huh?" Red-Eye says midway through a song he's rehearsing in his head. "Oh the guys you met? Don't know. Don't care! I'm glad the other masked guys are gone so I can snuff my nose with more of this sugar and play my favorite friend."

He cradles his guitar with much love, probably more than necessary as he licks the baseboard.

"You won't judge me, no you don't" Red-Eye says sweetly. Jibril just watched as he returns to playing. His eyes are barely closed as he looks to her. "So where did the big guy find you, lady? Bet those sweet curves got his motor going. Am I right?" He chuckles.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
"Hey, I'm not judging. When you're face down in fifty yards of mud staring at the ass of a woman in torn pants only to find out that she is a he." Red-Eye says, "You'd be making some questionable decisions too." He leans over, licks his finger and coats it in Red Sand then brushes his teeth with it.

"Baelfire maybe the biggest thing walking around here, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in some snake pussy to sate himself with. Shit, I'd grab two kinds of wool if I had the coin. This kind of work can be lonely as FUCK without company." Red-Eye pulls out his finger then plays more on his guitar as he talks, "But if I can read a room, that ain't why you're here. So don't mind me and my habits. I'm the kind of guy you'll either love or hate. Either way, the only thing I need is this baby right here and the sweet sugary goodness. Ain't nothing better on a hot day than to relax.

Not gonna lie, this place sucks ass. I hated that fucking swamp. Six months of shit and bugs, I'd walk away if I wasn't being paid for this shit."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Jibril let's out: "Ugh, I'm heading out"
Red-Eye returns to his guitar and laughs as he watches the Nagini get her gear together and puts on her belts and weapons in her bandolier and sheathes. Just as she is collecting herself, Red-Eye begun singing a song she hears:

~Hey, there, fella, Whatcha doin' out here all alone?
~Hasn't anybody told you you're better off stayin' home?
~See, these roads ain't safe at night especially out here on your own,
~You might run into someone like me,
get yourself knocked upside the dome!"

Putting on her gears she keeps listening to Red-Eye singing away.

"~Gimmie what you got,
I'm only gonna count to ten.
~Gimme what you got,
I won't say it again...PUNK!
~I'm the one with the gun,
so I'll tell you when you're done.
~Now gimmie what you got
and you might just walk away."

With a quickened thrumming of his chord he begins a new verse. Jibril stops at her buckles when she hears him say:

"~Say there pretty lady, lookin' mighty fine tonight!
~I'm afraid I'm gonna need all your cash,
don't think about putting up a fight!
~Didn't anybody tell you that raiders run this town?
~Too late now! Shut that little mouth!
I got no problem putting you down!"

Repeating the same chord three times in a row, Jibril walks back into the room looking at him getting deep into his singing.

~Gimmie what you got,
I'm only gonna count to ten.
~Gimme what you got,
I won't say it again
this here's my idea of fun.
~Now gimme what you got
and I might let you walk away."

Jibril narrows her eyes at him as he struts his stuff with his guitar too enthusiastically.

~Turn out your pockets, don't hold nothing back,
~arguing will get you killed so don't give me no flack!
~I see suckers every day that think they can take me on
~well you see that I'm still here and they're all gone!

~Gimmie what you got,
I changed my mind, I'll count to THREE!
~Gimme what you got,
~You listenin' to me?"

He opens his eyes and sees Jibril standing there with her arms crossed, staring him down.

I don't take shit from anyone,
hell no! We ain't through yet,
'Cause, you wanna know a secret?
Even if you give me what you got-

Red-Eye climbs the couch and yells on top of his lungs:

~There ain't no chance you're gonna walk away!"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril heads out while leaving she think of a dark thought when red eye push her limit she gonna grab his guitar and smashes it in his head

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Having enough of Red-Eye's bullshit. She walks up to the douchebag and snatches his guitar. "Can you just shut up?" She takes the guitar and smashes it against his head breaking the acoustic guitar end and breaking it apart with enough force to knock him to the ground then beats with it again for good measure until he was out cold before dropping the broken wooden instrument on the ground and waltzes out the front door and gently closes it behind her.

Walking downstairs, she remembers her old room is on this floor and thinks she could probably use the opportunity to get the rest of her money and her other pieces of equipment, maybe pack up a bag with a few of her clothes before taking off on her journey.

She may not be back here for a long time, if ever once Kor'da moves to New Canaan. Who knows, she might not have the room anymore with her paying rent on it as she use to.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
Jibril walks her old room, uses a key she has tucked away in one of her pouches and unlocks it. Upon opening the door, she smells the familiarity of her scent all over this room. Good times and bad times were had in this single bedroom.

Desk, low stray cot with a thick blanket and a large feathery pillow, a large standing mirror in the corner of the room for her to dress up and look herself over. A end table with a candlestick burned down to the nub without a wick on it. Her clothes drapes over the end of her cot and a few hanging in her wardrobe, sparse as she never could find anything that fits her or works for her tastes. She may have had the coin but a fancy dress never suited her. Although silk ... That could definitely be a thing for her with how smoothly her first time wearing a kimono was. Stay focus!

She grabs her biggest bag and stuffed a few tunics, belts, a few unmentionables and a bottle of perfume she got as a gift from a lonely human once. She even goes to her drawers to remove all the hidden caches of coins some she forgot was even in here.

Five years of hording coins from her jobs yielded her close to 2 Gold, 400 Silver and 85 Pewter coins. She now adds the 55 Pewter and 15 Silver coins she's kept on her to her total worth.

Jibril even finds her old scimitar sword from her days at the imperial palace and her white harem trousers with purple sash and a velvet best she wore as her uniform before bending in with the thugs. She misses her days back in Medressa, so far from home is making her homesick.

She added her uniform and old sword to her bag and sling her sword into its sheath next to her short sword dangling next to her. With a final good-bye, Jibril says it with some finality and relief in her voice.

She closes the door and drops the key on the floor to be taken by management. She walks away with her thick bag and gear with her. Coin pouch is thick and heavy enough to concern her so she packs it into her bag and continued down stairs.

[What's going through her mind as of this moment?]

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril what's it going to be like living with kor'dar and his two son how long will she be on this trip is the unexplored area really that dangerous

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
What's it going to be like living with Kor'da? She wondered, "His two son, how long will she be on this trip, this is the unexplored area really that dangerous."

But is that all? She is taking a big chance being with Kor'da, interspecies marriages are taboo where she's from. Both her parents were Nagini, she comes from a clutch of Nagini children raised in the Medressa against this sort of thing. To commit to a taboo is like a Lamia laying with a Nagini. Even his children are new to her, she would be his wife and their mother. She never considered a future of having children before when she left. She's never experienced this before, was it fate that brought her here or was it some otherworldly force that's driving her? She doesn't know.

She doesn't care, she's happy to have someone special even if she believes it might be a fluke or the poor timing of things. To find a man like Kor'da, sweet and protective is rare even amongst his kind. Are there others like him, she wondered.

But more importantly, this journey. Where will it take her? Some distance from Heifong to be sure but the dangers ahead is all she can think about. Her? An adventurer? An explorer? Really, the thought is preposterous to think about, then again she did trek a long ways to get here and seen much that many never risk venturing so far from home.

Kane ... Who is this mysterious man that has followers as strangely devoted to him? Does he carry himself and regard hi self as a god of is he a devil in wool? What is this "New Canaan" and "Republic" about?

She really must see this through if she's going to find answers.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril Heads of to find regular clothing can't keep wearing armor once she start living with kor'dar and his family

Last edited:

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
"Well my scales were removed by some object the warrior had. It made a loud noise and released smoke and then i felt a hot thing cut through my scales. I didn't know what it was so better be careful then sorry." Tar'Lak says as he shrugs his shoulders as they walk.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Tar'lak]
Draco let's out an unnerving sound close to a nervous groan or a grunt of disapproval. Either way, he answers Tar'lak's inquiry about the weapon in question.

"Red-Eye" Draco says, "Dishonorable Discharge from the military for reckless behavior and using illegal drugs while on duty. I honestly don't know how we ended up with him as our medical officer and giving him a gun to boot. More trouble than he's worth in my opinion.

That 'thing' you are referring to is called a pistol. It's a type of small weapon much like a dagger, but the weapon itself fires metal out the end of it like an arrow from a bow. The results of it hitting it's target varies between style and make. We call these weapons: Guns or Sidearms. If you value your life, never face down someone holding one.

Our leader is the architect of those inventions, much of New Canaan is what it is because of him. Machinery are his specialty, sort of like a blacksmith but they do the work without any one to work them. He believes they are the future of the world. I'm inclined to believe half of that when I see it.

From where I see things, all they do is cause undue pain and prove to be just as dangerous as our friend Red-Eye."

As soon as he finishes his thoughts on the matter. Draco spots a familiar face: Jibril.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Jibril]
In the midst of her thoughts running wild and her restlessness getting the best of her, Jibril find herself walking before the intersection of the Mitheril Anvil. When she looks up and sees Draco walking alongside another Lizardman. She thinks on what should she do?

[Meet Draco's friend]
[Carry-on towards Kor'da]

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
“Hmm dangerous but loud, and give away your position if on a hunt. They would not do in the swamps.” Tar’Lak says as they walked he then looked up and saw a snake women. Tar’Lak looked on in confusion of what the women snake was. He had never seen or ever heard of such a creature.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
The Story Begins.

As the Dragonborn and Lizardman meet with the young Nagini, the two converge at the bridge where the crowd was lessened a bit as the moon is full on this night. Draco and Tar'lak approach and the drained Jibril strolls through the crowds to meet them They reach the bridge, introduction ensues.

Draco: "Jibril? I thought you would be resting, it is very late to be moving about at this hour. We do have a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

Jibril: "It's fine. I've been having a weird day and could use some air. Thought I'd sleep with a friend until morning and meet you at the caravan"

Before Draco continues, he notices that she had been looking at Tar'lak with interest.

Draco: "Let me introduce you to our traveling companion: Tar'lak of the Ashen. He'll be traveling with us on business, we're just settling the bill on our sales and finalize them to collect before our departure. We're on our way to the Apothecary shop down the boulevard."

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
Tar’Lak accepts the handskack with a nod of his head before turning to Draco. “Why are we going to the apothecary shop?” He says with an eye ridge raised.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Draco: "We've been recovering from an insurgency back home. Many people were hurt and we've exhausted our supplies tending to the wounded. Kane is there with our healers trying to save as many lives as we can. Unfortunately, this trip has been a nightmare from the start. The Capital refused us aid and we traveled east of here only to be raided in the night by your rival tribes. We came here in a attention to our original plan to get supplies and I thought we could use the extra hands. We've been recruiting nonstop since we've arrived and with the success of achieving both goals, I deem it wise to return home posthaste. The sooner we return, the more people we save.

I hope by the spirits, we make it in time."

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
‘Great’ Tar’Lak says to himself as the apothecary shop was the last place he wanted to be today. With a sigh he grunts before saying. “Let’s get this over with.”

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
Tar’Lak shrugs. “Let’s just day i am not welcome there. I’ll be waiting outside when we get there.” He says looking between the two.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Draco looks to Jibril: "Fair enough. Shall we continue this discussion at the shop?"

Draco gestured Jibril to take lead on the Pig-Sty Alley side of Dunbar Row. The three companion's travel down the boulevard with the crowds weaving around them, getting odd looks and glares as they walk towards the edge of Hangshu District.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril ask tar'lak if she wants him to coat some of his weapon in poison incase he cant use brute force on a enemy